• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Considering we were picking at #28 at almost the end of every round, just the Tillery and Adderley picks were solid. Now, the other picks will be backups, and some will get some PT in the rotation, especially on defense. Pipkins has some real upside, and doesn't have a lot of the weaknesses that Cajuste and remaining O-linemen had when we were picking in round 3. We needed depth at LB and we got two who can also cover in Tranquill and Egbule. Considering where we were picking, first two picks I grade us an A. The rest of the draft is a B. Overall, A-.
    Telesco said that Pipkins intelligence (they think) will help him make the transition from Sioux City to the NFL.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Stick kind of signals the Chargers intentions of holding on to Rivers for a while.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Chargers didn't seem interested in adding to the interior of their offensive line. It could mean they are blind, or expecting improvement there with Lamp, a 3rd year Feeney & the UCLA kid.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Topcat wanted that guy.
          Yep, sure did. But, we DID sign another RB, Jeremy Cox...don't know if he's the bruiser I wanted...we shall see...

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            I give this draft an initial grade of B+, possiblly A-. Didn't really care for Easton Stick pick.

However, I should note that I was really high on the 2014 draft as well and that's because I loved the first two picks there as well. I guess time will tell how this draft turned out. Hopefully much much better.
            it doesn't really upset me - late 5th round pick. I'm on the fence about everything after round 2.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I haven't seen any more UDFA announcements via twitter in the last 15 minutes, so the number I have is 12 commitments. UDFA's don't actually sign until they come to rookie mini-camp (in two weeks), so there might be some changes,if guys get better offers, etc. Also, in the mini-camp, they bring in try-outs, and some of the guys/agents/schools may be over-reacting to the initial contacts.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I give this draft my patented "double what."
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

it doesn't really upset me - late 5th round pick. I'm on the fence about everything after round 2.
                  Our board is different than TT's as well as other teams. For example, Mack Wilson was supposed to be a late first rounder/2nd rounder but dropped all the way to the 5th. After reading more about Pipken and Tranquill, I can see the reasoning for both being picked where they were. They were also probably the BPA for TT and Co. And that's the hard part. Ideally, PON and BPA intersect like it did in the first two rounds.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

My only real disappointment was that we didn't get a guy to compete with Tevi this year. Otherwise, Im happy to take guys with upside that fit the scheme.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      My only real disappointment was that we didn't get a guy to compete with Tevi this year. Otherwise, Im happy to take guys with upside that fit the scheme.
                      You're dismissing our 3rd rd OT pick? He'd have to get injured not to compete with Tevi. Trey earned the pick by nor allowing sacks in D 2 or vs all stars in Shrine game. What's Tevi done that makes you such a strong supporter?

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

I want competition for Tevi now. I see Pipkins as a redshirt.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          I give this draft an initial grade of B+, possiblly A-. Didn't really care for Easton Stick pick.

However, I should note that I was really high on the 2014 draft as well and that's because I loved the first two picks there as well. I guess time will tell how this draft turned out. Hopefully much much better.
                          Telesco said in the post presser in their view OL wasn't a big area concern. They like the group and have Lamp coming back and added Pipkins who they liked bit needs work,... for the future.

Wanted to add to the LBs especially after losing Emanual and the DL, which they did.

He did say after the first round all college players need a lot of work. Said they do hope and is the goal to get a guy in the first they hope can contribute a lot.
                          ​​​​​​
                          Adderley is not going to be handed a starting possition.
                          Said be needs work and will compete with Jenkins and Watkins for time.
                          Was asked if Philip had any input and TT said No. If they asked him to be involved he would want all offense, WRs, TEs and RBs lol. Did not mention OL there either. But did say Phil would make an excellent scout. Knows about all the players in college.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-27-2019, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X