• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Yeah but, Raiders. That’s like a Mulligan for the rest of the league.
    Nope. He was worth it. More so than Gordon or even Mike williams.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Ray Guy was a first round pick as well. Raiders have to be the first team to ever draft a kicker and a punter in the first round.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I liked Ben in that draft. Great arm, throws really well on the move, swatted blitzing DBs like flies as college QB.
        post Ryan Leaf.... just couldn't go there, and.... don't think eye was alone.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Every mock I have done this year, he was sitting there in the 7th. I don't think the NFL would draft a kicker outside the 7th round. But anything is possible
          Several teams in NFL draft history have spent high valued picks on PK & P. They both affect games often.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Ray Guy was a first round pick as well. Raiders have to be the first team to ever draft a kicker and a punter in the first round.
            Al Davis...crazy like a fox sometimes....
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And then what does the team do after we win 7 or 8 games? That would be an improvement over last year, but nothing close to the splash needed to draw fans in LA. Hell, 12 regular season wins and a playoff win in 2018 wasn't enough to draw anyone in 2019.
              I think the difference in ticket priced will bring in many more fans than they've had the last couple of years.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think the difference in ticket priced will bring in many more fans than they've had the last couple of years.
                Fans of who though...?
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Okay, so I've got LOADS of times on my hands....how about you guys??????
                  So, since I can't get to the builders merchants( only open for big deliveries) I decided to check out NFL QB's and how they got where they are.
                  I used the projected starters for every team from the 2019 NFL season( couldn't use this year as no one has a clue yet and wanted to use the most recent year to keep this relevant) and where they were drafted( I did not use Eli as most thought he should have retired a few years ago, nor did I use Andrew Luck as he didn't actually make it to the season).
                  Here are the basic numbers:
                  22 of the 32 QB's were drafted in the first round, from 1 overall( loads of guys) all the way to 32( last seasons MVP)
                  Of the 10 that were NOT number 1's, 5 have played in Super Bowls( Brady, Brees, Wilson, Foles,Garoppolo)
                  Of the 22 that WERE number 1's, 7 have played in Super Bowls( Newton, Ryan, Flacco, Rodgers, Mahomes, Goff, Big Ben)
                  Of those taken number 1 OVER ALL, 2 have played( and lost!) in the Super Bowl( Newton, Goff)
                  Of those taken in the Top 6 picks( where the Bolts currently sit), there were 13 total, again only 3 had made the Super Bowl( Newton, Ryan, Goff) and 2 had won an MVP trophy( Newton, Ryan)

This is for all our brothers out there who think we MUST draft a QB with that 6th pick, using the rational that we might not pick this high again anytime soon. And that top QB's are taken REALLY HIGH in the draft. Well, these numbers just don't tell that story.
                  If you're really enamored with a guy, that's great! It's always fun when your team selects a player you follow and enjoy. But to say we MUST take a guy at 6 because that's the best way for our team to make it to the Super Bowl, that's just not true.
                  And the thought of trading up(i.e, expending draft capital) to choose a 1 year wonder( Burrow wasn't even considered a 1st rounder this time last year) or a fragile dude( I love Tua's game but he's pretty beaten up), well, that's just a great way to set yourself back a few years( see Ryan Leaf)
                  The Bolts need to draft the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER available at 6. Or if their chosen guy is not there, trade back and gain more draft capital. We were paper thin last year. More picks can't hurt.
                  Just my 2 cents on a realllllllllly boring day here in the locked down UK. Stay healthy you guys.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                    Okay, so I've got LOADS of times on my hands....how about you guys??????
                    So, since I can't get to the builders merchants( only open for big deliveries) I decided to check out NFL QB's and how they got where they are.
                    I used the projected starters for every team from the 2019 NFL season( couldn't use this year as no one has a clue yet and wanted to use the most recent year to keep this relevant) and where they were drafted( I did not use Eli as most thought he should have retired a few years ago, nor did I use Andrew Luck as he didn't actually make it to the season).
                    Here are the basic numbers:
                    22 of the 32 QB's were drafted in the first round, from 1 overall( loads of guys) all the way to 32( last seasons MVP)
                    Of the 10 that were NOT number 1's, 5 have played in Super Bowls( Brady, Brees, Wilson, Foles,Garoppolo)
                    Of the 22 that WERE number 1's, 7 have played in Super Bowls( Newton, Ryan, Flacco, Rodgers, Mahomes, Goff, Big Ben)
                    Of those taken number 1 OVER ALL, 2 have played( and lost!) in the Super Bowl( Newton, Goff)
                    Of those taken in the Top 6 picks( where the Bolts currently sit), there were 13 total, again only 3 had made the Super Bowl( Newton, Ryan, Goff) and 2 had won an MVP trophy( Newton, Ryan)

This is for all our brothers out there who think we MUST draft a QB with that 6th pick, using the rational that we might not pick this high again anytime soon. And that top QB's are taken REALLY HIGH in the draft. Well, these numbers just don't tell that story.
                    If you're really enamored with a guy, that's great! It's always fun when your team selects a player you follow and enjoy. But to say we MUST take a guy at 6 because that's the best way for our team to make it to the Super Bowl, that's just not true.
                    And the thought of trading up(i.e, expending draft capital) to choose a 1 year wonder( Burrow wasn't even considered a 1st rounder this time last year) or a fragile dude( I love Tua's game but he's pretty beaten up), well, that's just a great way to set yourself back a few years( see Ryan Leaf)
                    The Bolts need to draft the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER available at 6. Or if their chosen guy is not there, trade back and gain more draft capital. We were paper thin last year. More picks can't hurt.
                    Just my 2 cents on a realllllllllly boring day here in the locked down UK. Stay healthy you guys.
                    Stay away from the Jellied Eels Windsor, something about them just screams virus.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

No worries there, mate.......yuck.......

Comment

• chargerkdb
                        Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        No worries there, mate.......yuck.......
                        I was over there throughout the Mad Cow thing. I can vividly remember driving to work past 100 foot deep mounds of burning cattle. Still won’t touch British beef. And still can’t give blood

Comment

• PR#1
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Not sure I follow. Are you saying the ticket prices will be cheaper ?

Are you factoring in the cost of PSL's ?

Comment

Working...
                          X