Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    the two guys I've really liked of late were Mariota and Stidham.... there were plenty of others that I liked some or even a fair bit.... (including Leaf)

also liked Eli (much) better than Phil, and was a Brees defender when peoples here had their pitchforks out.
    LOL...remember where you are...we aren't back on the old San Diego UT forum....did you have a flashback?
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      What if? What if our HC really dos like Taylor as much as he seems to? In spite of it being liars month, what if TT is also very high on Tyrod? If so, considering that Tyrod is still a young QB, maybe they aren't as interested in adding a QB as we all think.

I know that thought is not popular (even with me), but if Taylor is really capable of being our QB in the system AL wants to use, it could actually be a catalyst for going back to the playoffs. If they don't use a high draft pick for a QB, they could actually draft three very good players in the first three rounds. In fact the first round pick could be a all Pro kind of player. (think Simmons)

Have fun rolling that around in your brain.
      Been there, done that.
      It's a possibility.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Send PM

What if? What if our HC really dos like Taylor as much as he seems to? In spite of it being liars month, what if TT is also very high on Tyrod? If so, considering that Tyrod is still a young QB, maybe they aren't as interested in adding a QB as we all think.

I know that thought is not popular (even with me), but if Taylor is really capable of being our QB in the system AL wants to use, it could actually be a catalyst for going back to the playoffs. If they don't use a high draft pick for a QB, they could actually draft three very good players in the first three rounds. In fact the first round pick could be a all Pro kind of player. (think Simmons)

This is pure speculation...with a little imagination...but what if the brass was sittin' round the conference table after Brady turned them down, wondering "Now What?", and Lynn slaps the table and says "Gimme 1 year....just one with Tyrod, and let me show you what I can do, running this team 100% my way, with my system, and my guy. Just one year..."

Definitely a "What if..." scenario...but not at all unbelievable.

Edit: Still hard for me to see them going into new LA stadium with just Tyrod Taylor, without a sexy first round QB...but you never know.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

This is pure speculation...with a little imagination...but what if the brass was sittin' round the conference table after Brady turned them down, wondering "Now What?", and Lynn slaps the table and says "Gimme 1 year....just one with Tyrod, and let me show you what I can do, running this team 100% my way, with my system, and my guy. Just one year..."

Definitely a "What if..." scenario...but not at all unbelievable.

Edit: Still hard for me to see them going into new LA stadium with just Tyrod Taylor, without a sexy first round QB...but you never know.
          And then what does the team do after we win 7 or 8 games? That would be an improvement over last year, but nothing close to the splash needed to draw fans in LA. Hell, 12 regular season wins and a playoff win in 2018 wasn't enough to draw anyone in 2019.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

And then what does the team do after we win 7 or 8 games? That would be an improvement over last year, but nothing close to the splash needed to draw fans in LA. Hell, 12 regular season wins and a playoff win in 2018 wasn't enough to draw anyone in 2019.
            Not pushing that as my agenda...and I know you are not at all high on Tyrod...just saying its a possibiity.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Not pushing that as my agenda...and I know you are not at all high on Tyrod...just saying its a possibiity.
              That wasn't directed at you, it was at the team - does Lynn get an extension if they finish around .500? Does he get canned? I can't fathom Lynn really tying his future to Taylor's performance on the field. Of course, we never really know what the coaching staff and front office really think. They may think Taylor can actually do it, or are just spinning PR and really plan on him being the bridge while our QB of the future learns behind him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Well in that case we have some options. Simmons, one of the OTs, Maybe Brown...though he is last on my first round cluster. Even a WR but just don't think we do that.

Then if things or Tyrod don't work out we can get a QB next year but just think it's going to cost more to move up.
                If we are 5-11 again, someone's head will roll but a little optimistic we are better than 5-11.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Your worried about fan base this upcoming season? I'm just hoping they don't cancel the entire season. Could care less about 2020 season fan base as I think only people signing waivers will be allowed to enter the stadium.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    Pretty much retired......
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

Yep stuck in GA too. Can’t stand UGA but Rodrigo is going to be in NFL for 15 years. Kid is crazy good kicker. He won’t be there in 7th though. He’s a 5-6 guy.
                    Every mock I have done this year, he was sitting there in the 7th. I don't think the NFL would draft a kicker outside the 7th round. But anything is possible

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

LOL...remember where you are...we aren't back on the old San Diego UT forum....did you have a flashback?
                      Right. I was a Brees supporter too and only til it became obvious we were going QB did I start to toot the Rivers horn for drafting him. I thought opposite,,... Of course,.... I liked Rivers better than Eli....and Eli does have two rings but he wasn't a better QB than Rivers.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Every mock I have done this year, he was sitting there in the 7th. I don't think the NFL would draft a kicker outside the 7th round. But anything is possible
                        Janikowski was drafted by the Oakland Raiders with the 17th overall pick in the 2000 NFL Draft.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Yeah but, Raiders. That’s like a Mulligan for the rest of the league.

Comment

Working...
                          X