• Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

LOL - lover your last line.

So you figure we could whip those Chiefs 3-0 twice a year by drafting Brown?

Here's something I'm noticing more - mock drafts that think the Dolphins will take Herbert and pass on Tua. Makes me wonder if they know something we don't know?
    Brown could help. So could Simmons or Okudah
    Last year's overall DL effort was pathetic. We didn't do much to limit the other guy's options.
    Brown partnered with Joseph, with a rotation of Tillery & Jones should make life easy(er) for Bosa, Mel & co OR get the sack themselves. Either way, we're going to see the ball come out quicker & more QB errors.
    Simmons speed is awesome at LB. Cut off "chunk" plays, blitz, TFLs, sacks, PDs, picks? All good.
    Okudah, Heyward & Harris very probably the best secondary in NFL. We could use that.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
      The Golden Rule in drafting is when a franchise generational potential QB is on the board, You never pass on him.

If Tua is on the board, you take him.... If Herbert is on the board you take him. IF Tom used this logic we would have either the Texans QB, or The Ravens QB...

Hope he doesn't strike out for a third time.
      speaking for myself, eye thought just that re: Blake Bortles and how (in the world) did the Rams pass on him @2 ??

this "franchise generational" potentiate of Tua is again.... just plain and simple not a shared opinion.... some people pretty much devote their lives to this draft thing, and.... have a lot of experience and do pointed research, backed up by years of draft research and experience, and.... are not overly certain of Tua's success in the NFL ??

just don't get how the Tua contingent is so willing and ready to throw out his injury history, and not convinced that contingent is ok if he disappoints.... which is a real possibility.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I'm not...very legitimate concern. Trying to pick apart the rest of his game? Hogwash. Without the injuries, he is the best prospect. As is? Not so much.
        all due respect to your esteemed contributions and most valued history here.... you are throwing out the opinion of some equally as esteemed pundits/draftniks.... just sayin'
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL...horse shit. Without injury, Tua is the best. You can pick apart anyone's game when things aren't clean. But it matters not...Miami will be getting Tua. This Herbert stuff is nothing but smoke to keep the Chargers and Jags from forcing Miami to trade up.
          agree w/that last part in all probability.... the first part.... poppycock,

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Dave Gettleman says Giants will “seriously entertain” trading down

Josh Alper
            ProFootball Talk on NBC SportsApril 17, 2020, 10:07 AM PDT

This year’s draft is going to be very different than the ones we’ve been used to seeing in recent years and those differences could go beyond the fact that it’s going to be conducted from homes around the country.

In all of his years as the General Manager for the Panthers and Giants, Dave Gettleman has never traded down. He said in February that it was a way to “trade yourself out of a good player” when asked to explain why he’d never accepted an offer from another team.

Gettleman said at that point that he was open to trading and he stuck to that line during a Friday conference call. Gettleman said, via multiple reporters, that he will “seriously entertain” a move out of the No. 4 spot next Thursday.

With serious needs on the offensive line and all over the defense, adding to the 10 picks the team already has wouldn’t be a bad idea and there may be some good offers if teams want to move ahead of the Dolphins at No. 5 in hopes of landing a quarterback.
            If the draft charts are followed, our 1st and 3rd round picks are worth 1835 points and the Giants 1st and 5th picks are worth 1830.2 points (perhaps swapping 6th round picks to make up the few points). Do not want to give up the 71st pick in the draft to move up 2 spots.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

all due respect to your esteemed contributions and most valued history here.... you are throwing out the opinion of some equally as esteemed pundits/draftniks.... just sayin'
              No sir...watched him play a lot...his deep ball is nothing special in this class, but everything else in his game is sharp, as are the intangibles. Kid really is a marvel. There is a reason Saban, who loved Jalen Hurts, had the balls to bench him in the championship for a true freshman...kid just has it. Too bad about the risky physique, though...
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Ian Rappaport says "A GM told him this is the worst time in 10 years that the media hasnt been more wrong about mock drafts. There will be players going in the first round that nobody is talking about"

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                  What I see here is that the QB crowd, whether it's Tua or Herbert, are coming up with reasons why we should draft them and reasons why we should ignore red flags. NO ONE has to do that with Simmons, so clearly he is my choice. EVERYONE on here has to just salivate thinking about what he could add to our defense. I don't do that when I think QB at 6, I just don't.

Simmons is my guy 101%. If he is gone then I trade down to the 9 - 16 range, pick up another day 2 pick, etc. and look at OT or who is the faller that we benefit from?

Make it so TT
                  Like where your head is at!

:toyou:
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not worried 'bout his injury (recovery) ??
                    No. Simple torn hip labrum. He played with this injury for most/all of 2019. He will be full go by end July for TC.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• electricgold
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

I'm liking RB Jason Huntley from New Mexico State...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

I watched Jalen Hurts (against Texas) one last time, hoping to like him because i think the Chargers have a legit interest.

He was worse than i remembered: i actually was getting pissed off by halftime. If the guy sprains an ankle, you might as well put Shimmy out there.

I understand he has great character, but i wouldn't even spend a 4rth on him. I am done with him!

Is this guy better than Stick?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                          I'm liking RB Jason Huntley from New Mexico State...
                          Speed, agility, vision, incredible burst but he is small. I like him as a WRS for jet sweeps, bubble screens, verticals, and as a KR/PR.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X