• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

would also love it if word on the streets was that the Chargers were deciding/were undecided between Herbert and Tua @6 ?? !!

Tua is sorta like Manziel for me, as thought the Browns were best positioned to take Johnny Football @4 overall, rather than wait 'til 22 or ??

if I'm Miami, would prefer to pass on Tua @5, and again @18, and if and then he is still available, would thank the football gods and take him @25 ??

and of course, don't want the Chargers to have anything to do w/the either of Tua nor Justin.... (albeit is there anything more he could have done to enamor himself more to AL than to rush for 3TDs ?? !!
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I'm intrigued by the possibilities, but I have noticed that in Tyrod Taylor, East Stick, and Cardale Jones, Coach Lynn seemed to be fond of running aspect to their game.
      I still lean toward the idea it's going to get your QB on IR every year, but if Anthony Lynn were to build an new offense in 2020, that mobile QB is Jalen Hurts.
      agree wholeheartedly, and.... question is ?? which round do you put your call in for him ?? ….(will he still be there day three ?)
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

True disaster to me is TT deciding he already has the qb of the future and the OL of the future already here, just waiting on more development time.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I'm intrigued by the possibilities, but I have noticed that in Tyrod Taylor, East Stick, and Cardale Jones, Coach Lynn seemed to be fond of running aspect to their game.
          I still lean toward the idea it's going to get your QB on IR every year, but if Anthony Lynn were to build an new offense in 2020, that mobile QB is Jalen Hurts.
          Yup. Second round at the latest, but I can totally see a trade up into the lower first.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Yup. Second round at the latest, but I can totally see a trade up into the lower first.
            2 nd easy w/ no tradeup. Possibly the third. Depends on if the teams ahead of us have drafted a QB by then. But if they want him, they need to probably go 2nd to be certain or trade back into the 2nd after drafting Dobbins lol.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Hurts is a developmental QB prospect that should go day 3.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

agree wholeheartedly, and.... question is ?? which round do you put your call in for him ?? ….(will he still be there day three ?)
                I feel like Jalen Hurts will rise to a Day Two pick. I feel like we can walk away with a OT in the first three Rounds this draft is so deep. In addition, Tom Telesco's presser today intimated that the Chargers would go after players we coveted in free agency. That's new.

If that's true, Let's draft LB Andrew Jones in the 1st, QB Jalen Hurts in the 2nd. The Chargers sign a quality free agent corner so Bradley's defense can play man coverage in addition to Cover 3.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post

I would be willing to bet against that.
                  Brady ended up running his fastest 40-yard time ever, at 5.17 seconds. He ran a 5.28 in the 40 at the NFL combine in 2000

Philip Rivers
                  Dude looks like a galloping baby giraffe except that giraffes can eventually get moving. His 40-yard time was a paltry 5.08

statements dredged up in a quick google search of 40 times for both contestants.
                  Last edited by powderblueboy; 01-02-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Hurts is a developmental QB prospect that should go day 3.
                    I agree. I'm not certain if he would be any better than just going with Easton stick.

Hurst has accuracy issues - he has a little hitch in his delivery that most will want to correct; he has pocket awareness issues; his arm strength is pedestrian; if he has any ankle sprain issues - your offense is dead (to quote A Lynn)

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

I feel like Jalen Hurts will rise to a Day Two pick. I feel like we can walk away with a OT in the first three Rounds this draft is so deep. In addition, Tom Telesco's presser today intimated that the Chargers would go after players we coveted in free agency. That's new.

If that's true, Let's draft LB Andrew Jones in the 1st, QB Jalen Hurts in the 2nd. The Chargers sign a quality free agent corner so Bradley's defense can play man coverage in addition to Cover 3.
                      Derrick Brown at #6
                      Get the OT at #37
                      Trade up to get Jalen Hurst with your 3rd round pick?

I see Hurst as sort of a Deshon Kizer type: drafted unwisely in the middle of the 2nd round. Hurst might be more athletic.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Derrick Brown at #6
                        Get the OT at #37
                        Trade up to get Jalen Hurst with your 3rd round pick?

I see Hurst as sort of a Deshon Kizer type: drafted unwisely in the middle of the 2nd round. Hurst might be more athletic.
                        I struggled mightily with NOT selecting LB Isiah Simmons in that 6 slot. He is the best MLB in this draft and maybe the one Gus Bradley has been searching for all this time.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

I struggled mightily with NOT selecting LB Isiah Simmons in that 6 slot. He is the best MLB in this draft and maybe the one Gus Bradley has been searching for all this time.
                          He isn't a MLB. At least that's not where I see him. Still agreeing with Steve that he isn't a good fit for us unless you are replacing Phillips with him.

Comment

Working...
                          X