• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by glutton4Bolts View Post

It isn't a waste of picks if you draft a QB of the future that actually turns out to be a stud. Just ask KC if it was worth trading so much for Mahomes. That being said, I have concerns about Tua's ability to stay healthy and I think he is the only QB after pick #1 that is worth moving up for. If the D can actually stay healthy then adding Simmons at #6 could make us the best D in the league. We also need a blue-chip OT. So if you think Taylor can do enough then it is far safer to just pick Simmons or your favorite OT. The latter isn't sexy but our OL has been a weakness for so long... and it would make any QBs job a lot easier. Really interesting and pivotal year for the Bolts.
    seems like it's most always a "pivotal" year for the Bolts draftwise, as we somehow, and whether that's due to Polianskitis or an AJ residue or ?? just wonder why we can't build an Oline of late, and not to mention an IDL ??

really think the linemen are BPA most every round, and until the one you covet that round is off the board, think we should be looking lineman most each and every round.... 'specially early on.

and then there is DJ Fluker, Lamp/Feeney, Tillery/Justin Jones, and you can even go Tuerk/Chris Watt if you want to get below see level.

still say there is some house cleaning that needs to happen in the scouting department, w/some post AJ residue that needs to go, and.... if not, then sorry Tom.... the buck stops w/you, no ??

you build the cake w/linemen (in my case Wirfs/Thomas, Cesar Ruiz, Wanogho, Leki Fotu,and even Saahdiq Charles), and while the skill position players (Simmons, CeeDee, Swift/Dobbins) are not much more than frosting on the cake.... too much frosting and not enough cake is a poorly crafted offering.

know it's unlikely, and really hope we go into each and every round looking for linemen.... Bulaga, Joseph and even Turner (salary demands) are all likely temporary stopgaps/solutions.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

seems like it's most always a "pivotal" year for the Bolts draftwise, as we somehow, and whether that's due to Polianskitis or an AJ residue or ?? just wonder why we can't build an Oline of late, and not to mention an IDL ??

really think the linemen are BPA most every round, and until the one you covet that round is off the board, think we should be looking lineman most each and every round.... 'specially early on.

and then there is DJ Fluker, Lamp/Feeney, Tillery/Justin Jones, and you can even go Tuerk/Chris Watt if you want to get below see level.

still say there is some house cleaning that needs to happen in the scouting department, w/some post AJ residue that needs to go, and.... if not, then sorry Tom.... the buck stops w/you, no ??

you build the cake w/linemen (in my case Wirfs/Thomas, Cesar Ruiz, Wanogho, Leki Fotu,and even Saahdiq Charles), and while the skill position players (Simmons, CeeDee, Swift/Dobbins) are not much more than frosting on the cake.... too much frosting and not enough cake is a poorly crafted offering.

know it's unlikely, and really hope we go into each and every round looking for linemen.... Bulaga, Joseph and even Turner (salary demands) are all likely temporary stopgaps/solutions.
      I think it is safe to say this year is different, as we are actually in the market, for the first time in a decade and a half, for a franchise signal caller...whether we actually take on or not.
      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

2020 NFL DRAFT - LOS ANGELES CHARGERS
        -
        Trade #37 for #53, #103, #123

6) ISAIAH SIMMONS (LB/CP) CLEMSON - 6’ 4” - 238# - Hands 9 5/8” - Arm 33 3/8” - WS 81 7/8” - 40/10 = 4.39/1.55 - BP 20 - VJ 39” - BJ 132”
        - defensive game changer, match-up weapon, WIL/NLB/DLB/NCB will be his year uno primary duties

​​​​​​53) EZRA CLEVELAND (OT) BSU - 6’ 6” - 311# - Hands 9” - Arm 33 3/8” - WS 80 3/8” - 40/10 = 4.93/1.73 - BP 30 - VJ 30” - BJ 111” - 20S/3C = 4.46/7.26
        - athletic big man with lite feet, great zone block scheme fit, I think he is a year uno starter

73) CHASE CLAYPOOL (WR) ND - 6’ 4” - 238# - Hands 10” - Arm 32 1/2” - WS 80” - 40/10 = 4.42/1.56 - BP 19 - VJ 40” - BJ 126” - 20S/3C =
        - Beast big slot, huge vertical/contested catch threat, #1 blocking WR

103) WILLIE GAY JR. (ILB) MSST - 6’ 1” - 243# - Hands 10 1/2” - Arm 32 5/8” - WS 80” - BP 21 - 40/10 = 4.46/1.55 - VJ 39 1/2” - BJ 136” - 20S/3C = 4.3/7.08
        ​​​​​​
        - Uber athlete with underdeveloped instincts, understands zone coverages, impact quality tackler

109 DARRELL TAYLOR (LEO/SDE) UTN - 6’ 4” - 267# - Hand 9 3/4” - Arm 33” - WS 80” -
        - explosive first two steps, incredible grip strength and leverage to hold/squeeze POA/edge, needs work with hand use

​​​​​​​123) KE’SHAWN VAUGHN (RB) VU - 5’ 10” - 214# - Hand 9” - Arm 31” - WS 73 1/2” - 40/10 = 4.51/1.58 - BP - VJ 32” - BJ 117” -
        ​​​​​​​
        - tough quick fast complete back, elite contact balance/ball security (1 career fumble) and vision, solid in both pass routes/passpro

151) MADRE HARPER (CB) SIU - 6’ 2” - 196# - Hand 9 3/4” - Arm 34” - WS 78 3/8” - 40/10 = 4.43/1.6 - BP 14 - VJ 40” - BJ 134” - 20S/3C = 4.25/6.88
        ​​​​​​​
        - superb athlete/transfer from OKST, excellent zone prospect w/M2M skillset, BCB back-up/ST standout early on

186) STEVEN MONTEZ (QB) CU - 6’ 4” - 231# - Hand 9 3/8” - Arm 32 3/4” - WS 77” - 40/10 = 4.68/1.64 - VJ 33” - BJ 117” - 20S/3C = 4.43/7.25
        ​​​​​​​
        - 3 year starter but stalled development as Senior, ideal physical package w/big arm/mobility/elite flashes, ? about processing/decision making

220) KRISTIAN WILKERSON (WR) SEMU - 6’ 1” - 214# - Hand 10” - Arm 32 1/2” - WS 75 3/4” - 40/10 = 4.46/N/A - VJ 39 1/2” - BJ 126” - 20S/3C = 4.09/6.68
        - small school but big production, impressive athlete w/the knack for long TDs and Mossed red zone targets, clincher is he blocks with intensity

UDFAs TARGETS - S. SULLIVAN (TE) LSU, N. KILBY (TE) SIU, C. HARRELL (TE) UAR, D. PATMON (WR/TE) WSU, I. COULTER (WR) URI, J. HIGHTOWER (WR) BSU, J. PEARSON (WR) JSU, E. BELL (WR) NCAT, B. RECHSTEINER (RB/FB) KENNST, D. DALLAS (RB) MIA, C. BLACKMAN (RB) UCA, D. BRADWELL (RB) TUL, D. STANLEY (IOL) USC, J. PHILLIPS (OG) BC, C. CERVENKA (IOL) CLEM, V. JOHNSON (OT) APPST, M. NORMAN (OT) USF, J. MOSLEY (OT) UNM, A. KAMARA (LB/EDGE) UKS, D. OLSON (ILB) UMT, OMARI COBB (LB) MAR, C. GILL (LB) WAGNER, J. COATNEY (DT) UMS, M. PANISUIK (DT) MICHST, A. ALOFOLHAI (DT) UWG, D. TZUSKA (DE), J. BATES (DE) CSU, T. GILEIA (EDGE) UST, D. SCOTT (DE) SMU, B. COLE (S/NCB) MSST, L. SNEED (CB) LATECH, K. MCGILL (CB) EMU, S. THOMAS-OLIVER (CB) FIU, T. KEYES (CB) TUL
        Last edited by like54ninjas; 03-31-2020, 12:54 PM.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

McShit has us taking Love at 6 in his latest...

No.

Comment

• Bayareaboltfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
            I really hope we dont waste picks and trade up.
            My sentiments EXACTLY!

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
              McShit has us taking Love at 6 in his latest...

No.
              I don't know who McShit is but but I pray he's wrong.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I don't know who McShit is but but I pray he's wrong.
                Todd Mcshay from ESPN....Mel Kiper's foil...
                The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                  Day One...
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Brentwood, 94513
                  • Send PM

When you draft at 6, you don't draft the fourth or fifth best player at any position. If you are drafting that high, get a number one from any position is better than reaching for the fourth or fifth qb. But we all know qb gets all kinds of Love. I say no to Love in this draft.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                    When you draft at 6, you don't draft the fourth or fifth best player at any position. If you are drafting that high, get a number one from any position is better than reaching for the fourth or fifth qb. But we all know qb gets all kinds of Love. I say no to Love in this draft.
                    Thats exactly my feelings
                    draft BPA so its either young, simmons, okudah or brown

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                      Agree but McShay, Kiper....they arent real GMs or football guys. Just some dudes that got lucky making a living talking about the draft. I wouldnt draft Love before the 4th round but you can bet some team will use a first or second.

Comment

• mecho
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

If Tua's still there a 4 i am thinking it might be worth the trade up, seems healthy. Otherwise i am looking at a trade down from 6. Wouldn't mind Herbert in a trade down, but from picks 6 to around 14 i don't see a massive drop off in talent.

I would happily select from Simmons, Wirfs, Becton, Thomas, Okudah, Herbert whichever is left at that point which i assume at least one will be.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

I don't know what to make up with this Female NFL analyst. She has us taking Tua at six and the Joe Burrow dropping to #5 with miami. I can see miami moving up to #1 but Joe dropping to #5. Crap I would trade up to #3 for Joe. Crazy draft analysis.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X