• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

What about a player picked in the top ten?
    2016 NFL Draft 2017 NFL Draft 2018 NFL Draft 2019 NFL Draft
    A lot of top 10 players are just guys, some are outright busts. It looks like about half of them will become pro bowlers. 2017 was thought of as a good WR year. Well the accolades haven't come yet.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Sure...fair enough.

Evans is one of the best players in the league though.

Let's not forget that @darealmike_dub played through injury in 2019.
      Wood, I got out my magnifying glass and read your secret mock and guess what I discovered? You want to take a DT in the first - you're a trencher!
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        Wood, I got out my magnifying glass and read your secret mock and guess what I discovered? You want to take a DT in the first - you're a trencher!
        I am mocking a particular prospect
        with a certain talent level,
        and a specific projected impact.
        The Trenchers are marching through the streets,
        demanding that the Oline be fixed immediately.
        The Trenchers are completely crazed,
        and there are so many of them.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Some of these problems have been fixed in the off season for the oline and dline. Some of previous years draft picks might be developing that weren't ready last year. I'm pro- offensive weapons this draft including QB, WR, RB....the rest can be filled in if they meet are criteria rankings.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

wu.... we're just here to help, and.... to remind you how you wandered from Dalton Risner last season, and to little avail, and....

to remind you that you have well mocked three of the four Oliners already, and that if you mock Andrew within the next few days (v.lucky7) that you can hit for the circuit and/or a four bagger.

D. Brown is a nice prospect, but the reality is that he may be more a mid first round talent than top five, and that given we aren't headed to a SB in the foreseeable future, why not let Tom's three pack @DT play out, and while we reinforce the Oline, which was clear and away the achilles heel of our season last year ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I think one can reasonably argue that Mike Williams has slightly underperformed for a player selected at #7 overall. It is not that he has not been a good player because he has been and he has the potential to be even better, but I think that the reasonable expectation for a player selected #7 overall is for him to be a great player, not just a good player. He should be an elite WR and his team's clear #1 receiving option.

I do not think it is fair to expect him to be Calvin Johnson, but it would not be unfair to expect him to have something resembling Mike Evans type production. Evans was selected with the 7th pick in the 2014 draft.
              the best thing eye can say 'bout our pick @7 that year, was that @least it wasn't Solomon Thomas (he!!o Charge!

unfortunately suspect the truth of the matter is that MW is closer to TT's Jacob Hester than not ??
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

wu.... we're just here to help, and.... to remind you how you wandered from Dalton Risner last season, and to little avail, and....

to remind you that you have well mocked three of the four Oliners already, and that if you mock Andrew within the next few days (v.lucky7) that you can hit for the circuit and/or a four bagger.

D. Brown is a nice prospect, but the reality is that he may be more a mid first round talent than top five, and that given we aren't headed to a SB in the foreseeable future, why not let Tom's three pack @DT play out, and while we reinforce the Oline, which was clear and away the achilles heel of our season last year ??
                Point number one.
                I've done my homework on talent level.

Point number two.
                No "herbal consultant" here.

Point number three.
                Key clues at the scene of the crime are these.
                ..a. Polian says Brown is top 5.
                ..b. Scouts say Brown reminds them of Suh.
                ..c. Only California tax laws prevented Telesco from signing free agent Suh back in the day.
                ..d. There have been faint whiffs of LAC interest in Brown,
                in the middle of all the smokescreens.

imp:

woodeye scouting credentials are renewed for 10 more years...

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

not all who wander are lost, and.... (Poliana and credentials in the same post.... :O

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Point number one.
                    I've done my homework on talent level.

Point number two.
                    No "herbal consultant" here.

Point number three.
                    Key clues at the scene of the crime are these.
                    ..a. Polian says Brown is top 5.
                    ..b. Scouts say Brown reminds them of Suh.
                    ..c. Only California tax laws prevented Telesco from signing free agent Suh back in the day.
                    ..d. There have been faint whiffs of LAC interest in Brown,
                    in the middle of all the smokescreens.

imp:

woodeye scouting credentials are renewed for 10 more years...
                    I never doubted that Brown is a top prospect. I just don;t think the need is there for him on our team. TT has brought in three IDL and I'd want to see them play a season before I started replacing them.

As for the OL - the idea of Pipkins and Feeney manning the left side looks good to you? I'm happy with what he did for the right side but not the left side. In fact, he traded away our best OT to fix that RG problem. The day he did that I thought he's going to draft an OT in the first and I think he should. OT's are hard to find and he'll have that chance next Thursday. One other thought on this subject - not every QB can take a beating like PR did and keep showing up again for the next game.

I admit that I am a "trencher" because I believe you win games by winning at the los.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I never doubted that Brown is a top prospect. I just don;t think the need is there for him on our team. TT has brought in three IDL and I'd want to see them play a season before I started replacing them.

As for the OL - the idea of Pipkins and Feeney manning the left side looks good to you? I'm happy with what he did for the right side but not the left side. In fact, he traded away our best OT to fix that RG problem. The day he did that I thought he's going to draft an OT in the first and I think he should. OT's are hard to find and he'll have that chance next Thursday. One other thought on this subject - not every QB can take a beating like PR did and keep showing up again for the next game.

I admit that I am a "trencher" because I believe you win games by winning at the los.
                      Roo - how would you feel if Peters were brought in to play LT to allow Pip a year to transition? Peters hasn't signed yet - and its probably because the team signing him, Bolts or whomever don't want to give up the comp pick for him.

I am just ready for the draft to see how this offseason continues. Telesco has been solid so far - on paper. This year, he gets an A. This time last year - it was a C-

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Roo - how would you feel if Peters were brought in to play LT to allow Pip a year to transition? Peters hasn't signed yet - and its probably because the team signing him, Bolts or whomever don't want to give up the comp pick for him.

I am just ready for the draft to see how this offseason continues. Telesco has been solid so far - on paper. This year, he gets an A. This time last year - it was a C-
                        I'd think that's a smart move and I'd quit saying we need a LOT Wood would be very happy with me then.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Happy Birthday Walt Sweeney.

eye'll just leave this here...veryourhead:​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                          X