• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-mock-draft-2020-predictive-final-solak

mocks tend to get a bit more interesting closer to the contest.... @least the good mockers tend to show up for the finale more oft than not,

makes the case for RT for the Giants, and has an interesting angle w/the Bolts, which makes me wonder if AL wouldn't prefer passing on Tua given his job security and would prefer something more substantive in the shorter term for his job prospects, and whereas Telesco tends to defer decisions to the committee, and who on the other hand seems to have virtually endless job security ??

likes Jeudy early and sends ISIS to the Bronks, who trade up to get him, and.... has Mekhi >> AT

SF ends up w/JJ (Jefferson) who could well turn out to be the best of the bunch, and while Ruiz lands early to Dallas and spells Travis Frederick.

he's also got Ezra to Cleveland earlier than later, and is high on CJ Henderson.

and back to our Chargers, thinkin' that if NY doesn't go Wirfs, that he still has a large impediment/obstacle before landing in LA, w/Beluga as our RT (for the next coupla few years).

he ruins most everything (@least speaking for myself) as he has us in an ugly trade up and coughing up our second and fourth to do so.... straight yuckymoto…. (do eye want a meh Austin Jackson or a dynamic/starting caliber RB ?) !!

seems to have a Brady bias as Tampa makes off w/some loot early on, and might be the same w/the Bronks as their haul would be a heartbreaker for some of the Chargers fans here.

he's also got Edwards Helaire to KC, which isn't good news for us either, and can handle Jonathan Taylor there, but some of the others.... gonna hurt some.

he's got Higgins before Hurts for us @71, in addition to the likes of Dantzler, Eason, Prince, Akers and others (his third round is stacked !)

he's got Morgan coming off the board in the fourth and before Fromm, and....

gotta say, still won't be surprised by Telesco making Jake Hanson his selection in round five for us.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Who is WR #3? Not even in the list? Who was WR #3 on the SB winning team?
      Gibson, Ekeler, Reed on any given play.
      Both Gib or Eke as WRS the other at RB.
      Scheme versatility players.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Gibson, Ekeler, Reed on any given play.
        Both Gib or Eke as WRS the other at RB.
        Scheme versatility players.
        Still need WR. A good one.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

The Seahawks are always a team to trade with - good call in the mock draft posted above by Beach

I always looked at the Niners but Seattle is a match too right there. Options a plenty

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-mock-draft-2020-predictive-final-solak

mocks tend to get a bit more interesting closer to the contest.... @least the good mockers tend to show up for the finale more oft than not,

makes the case for RT for the Giants, and has an interesting angle w/the Bolts, which makes me wonder if AL wouldn't prefer passing on Tua given his job security and would prefer something more substantive in the shorter term for his job prospects, and whereas Telesco tends to defer decisions to the committee, and who on the other hand seems to have virtually endless job security ??

likes Jeudy early and sends ISIS to the Bronks, who trade up to get him, and.... has Mekhi >> AT

SF ends up w/JJ (Jefferson) who could well turn out to be the best of the bunch, and while Ruiz lands early to Dallas and spells Travis Frederick.

he's also got Ezra to Cleveland earlier than later, and is high on CJ Henderson.

and back to our Chargers, thinkin' that if NY doesn't go Wirfs, that he still has a large impediment/obstacle before landing in LA, w/Beluga as our RT (for the next coupla few years).

he ruins most everything (@least speaking for myself) as he has us in an ugly trade up and coughing up our second and fourth to do so.... straight yuckymoto…. (do eye want a meh Austin Jackson or a dynamic/starting caliber RB ?) !!

seems to have a Brady bias as Tampa makes off w/some loot early on, and might be the same w/the Bronks as their haul would be a heartbreaker for some of the Chargers fans here.

he's also got Edwards Helaire to KC, which isn't good news for us either, and can handle Jonathan Taylor there, but some of the others.... gonna hurt some.

he's got Higgins before Hurts for us @71, in addition to the likes of Dantzler, Eason, Prince, Akers and others (his third round is stacked !)

he's got Morgan coming off the board in the fourth and before Fromm, and....

gotta say, still won't be surprised by Telesco making Jake Hanson his selection in round five for us.
            I wouldn't take any of that serious. Mock drafts are a dime a dozen and doubt that dude knows anyone in our organization. I think we have more insight than him.

I think Bellichick is smarter than that and won't trade up for Love. Don't see Simmons getting by the Cardinals and don't see us picking Tua.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I wouldn't take any of that serious. Mock drafts are a dime a dozen and doubt that dude knows anyone in our organization. I think we have more insight than him.

I think Bellichick is smarter than that and won't trade up for Love. Don't see Simmons getting by the Cardinals and don't see us picking Tua.
              like Solak and his writing style quite a bit, and.... speaking for myself, dude has more football acumen than eye have in my pinky finger, albeit's not to say that I don't do ok once in awhile.

well.... Belichick was smart enough to draft the ham sandwich, and.... not gonna be surprised if he sees what some of us do in Jake Fromm, and....

you think Az is gonna go for the back seven candy instead of fortifying their dire straits on both lines ??

and hope we don't go Tua, albeit gotta say the either of him or Herbert wouldn't come as any great surprise, and.... would def be a relief if we passed on the all of 'em.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

like Solak and his writing style quite a bit, and.... speaking for myself, dude has more football acumen than eye have in my pinky finger, albeit's not to say that I don't do ok once in awhile.

well.... Belichick was smart enough to draft the ham sandwich, and.... not gonna be surprised if he sees what some of us do in Jake Fromm, and....

you think Az is gonna go for the back seven candy instead of fortifying their dire straits on both lines ??

and hope we don't go Tua, albeit gotta say the either of him or Herbert wouldn't come as any great surprise, and.... would def be a relief if we passed on the all of 'em.
                This sounds like i big guess about Telesco:

Tagovailoa is a galvanizing franchise star, and Los Angeles is well-equipped to take on the high-risk, high-reward prospect by redshirting him if necessary.

We are well equipped to draft a china doll #6? Um....nope! Been there, done that.

The Cards need defense and BPA would be Simmons. They wont pass on that. Sure they need trenches like everybody else but they need playmaker too.

Not sure who the Ham sandwich is but Fromm wont go in the first round but its a interesting take from you.....do you think Fromm will beat out your man Stidham? I think he would but what do you think? I mean you pegged Stidham a franchise QB.

BTW i dont think Fromm sucks i just dont think he is a Lynn kind of QB.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

The Cards need defense and BPA would be Simmons. They wont pass on that. Sure they need trenches like everybody else but they need playmaker too.

Not sure who the Ham sandwich is but Fromm wont go in the first round but its a interesting take from you.....do you think Fromm will beat out your man Stidham? I think he would but what do you think? I mean you pegged Stidham a franchise QB.

BTW i dont think Fromm sucks i just dont think he is a Lynn kind of QB and will be about average or slightly above in the NFL.
                  Stid ham sandwich....

and hate to admit it, as just not feelin' Fromm, but do think yes, he would prolly beat out Stidham.... just like Jarrett more, his intangibles and his low key persona, prolly not dissimilar for my leaning toward Eli rather than Rivers ??

and never pegged Stidham as a franchise QB, just a starting QB and a first round talent.... (franchise QB by definition means he is the best player on your team).

and guessin' I'm missing something w/Simmons, as know he's a solid, but just can't get past my preference for like linemen talent over the splashier WILLIS ?? and as personally, and know you and most everyone else out there will (heartily) disagree, but do suspect that if this defense is better than last year, it will be less for Derwin and any addition of Simmons, and more for how much if any better Joseph is @NT.... and he goes, so will go our defensive fortune me thinx ??

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Stid ham sandwich....

and hate to admit it, as just not feelin' Fromm, but do think yes, he would prolly beat out Stidham.... just like Jarrett more, his intangibles and his low key persona, prolly not dissimilar for my leaning toward Eli rather than Rivers ??

and never pegged Stidham as a franchise QB, just a starting QB and a first round talent.... (franchise QB by definition means he is the best player on your team).

and guessin' I'm missing something w/Simmons, as know he's a solid, but just can't get past my preference for like linemen talent over the splashier WILLIS ?? and as personally, and know you and most everyone else out there will (heartily) disagree, but do suspect that if this defense is better than last year, it will be less for Derwin and any addition of Simmons, and more for how much if any better Joseph is @NT.... and he goes, so will go our defensive fortune me thinx ??
                    Not to get into, but i recall you saying if we had a chance at a franchise QB while pegging us to draft Stidham in round one, we should do it. Not going to look for it but thats what i recall.

Anyways, i think it would be a good battle between Fromm and Stidham though Stidham has the year behind Brady. I think NE drafts a QB but Perhaps Eason or Love...or maybe they go later with Gordon and try to find that late round gem again.

I wonder if either Fromm or Stidham would beat out Hoyer? lol. NE just might suck for the first time in some 20 or so years.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Not to get into, but i recall you saying if we had a chance at a franchise QB while pegging us to draft Stidham in round one, we should do it. Not going to look for it but thats what i recall.

Anyways, i think it would be a good battle between Fromm and Stidham though Stidham has the year behind Brady. I think NE drafts a QB but Perhaps Eason or Love...or maybe they go later with Gordon and try to find that late round gem again.

I wonder if either Fromm or Stidham would beat out Hoyer? lol. NE just might suck for the first time in some 20 or so years.
                      if I ever did post that 'twas before I looked up the definition of a franchise QB.... any statement made to that end is officially retracted, and....

Hoyer is def the odd man out in that bunch, and.... NE ain't gonna suck.... Fromm and Stidham are both darn good QBs.

and holy guacamole.... Morgan so cannot hold a candle to Fromm.... just don't get that, and have seen it on a coupla mocks of late ?? !!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

if I ever did post that 'twas before I looked up the definition of a franchise QB.... any statement made to that end is officially retracted, and....

Hoyer is def the odd man out in that bunch, and.... NE ain't gonna suck.... Fromm and Stidham are both darn good QBs.

and holy guacamole.... Morgan so cannot hold a candle to Fromm.... just don't get that, and have seen it on a coupla mocks of late ?? !!
                        Gordon, not Morgan.

And I think both Stidham and Fromm especially being a rookie will have growing pains. Look for the Pats to suck next year.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Bologna "Anonymous" Sandwich leak TT's 16-32

16.Kinlaw-DT
                          17.Henderson-CB
                          18.Becton-OT
                          19.Dobbins-RB
                          20.Delpit-S
                          21.GrossMatos-DE