• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Then I'll take Simmons 1 and Eason 2. Problem solved with a future All Pro defender and a hit/miss QB just like Tua
    That's no good way to draft. If you like a QB and think he is a franchise type he has to be your first pick. Eason has he traits but the chances of hitting on guy the 2nd are really low.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Then I sign Bridgewater and then draft Simmons 1 and OL/OT 2, 3 and or 4. Or I stick with Tyrod/Stick and sign OL FA's , still get Simmons and have a field day in the other rounds.

I throw up in my mouth every time I hear Taylor mentioned as our starting QB.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

L. Jackson looked awful last year. With some adjustments, he got a very good season.
        Is T. Taylor able to do 75-80% of Jackson did in 2019 ?
        Are the Chargers ready to have a 2018 Jackson's season in 2020 with Taylor ?
        What's the value of E. Stick for the 2nd spot ?
        The Chargers must answer these questions if they don't resign Rivers.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Jackson sucked enough to get his team to the playoffs in 2018, I’ll take that over 2019 Rivers, sure, sign me up.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

I don't know why anyone on here is comparing Taylor to L. Jackson...there is no comparison. Taylor can't do what Jackson does...not even close. Taylor is a better passer...but again...apples to oranges guys. Just because a QB can run a little, doesn't mean they can run the offense that L. Jackson does...or doesn't, if we are talking about his last game this year...:whistlin:
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I throw up in my mouth every time I hear Taylor mentioned as our starting QB.
              Wow...lol...you are gonna have a bad year...I don't think Rivers is back, and the Brady thing is hogwash...and I for one hope we sit a rookie, at least for a bit...just consider it a rebuilding year...and see if you can get a zofran perscription...:hello:

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Wow...lol...you are gonna have a bad year...I don't think Rivers is back, and the Brady thing is hogwash...and I for one hope we sit a rookie, at least for a bit...just consider it a rebuilding year...and see if you can get a zofran perscription...:hello:
                If Taylor was starting because we have our future QB sitting, I can kind of stomach, though it is literally wasting an entire season. But if we bypass all the QBs and just draft BPA - wow, that would just be the most depressed I'd be as a Charger fan since the 1-15 season.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

I think you've got to look at next season as a throw away season regardless.
                  We have WAY too many holes to fill( LB, NT/DT, CB, OL, RB)to put a lot of money in one position( read QB) so I wouldn't expect a top QB signing to move the needle that much.
                  If we do draft a rookie, I wouldn't hold your breath of making the playoffs.
                  And bringing PR back would just be more of the same.
                  Spend money on filling as many holes as you can, let Taylor earn his paycheck next year, and in 2021, if Taylor is as bad as you think he is, we'll be back at the top of the draft board, ready to plug in a top rated rookie QB who has a better team surrounding him.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

Problem with Taylor starting next year...he will probably do just good enough to push us out of range of a top QB...especially if we improve the team thru FA and draft...

As much as I will moon over the talent we can obtain in this draft at a number of positions, between now and April...I acknowledge that QB should be a top priority this draft, because of where we are picking...we don't know the next time we will pick this high. We have to do our homework, and hope there is a guy in this draft that we love for this team, and that....

1. We can afford to move up and get them, or....
                    2. They fall to us at 6, or....
                    3. They can be had later in the first, either by trading back, or trading back into the first, or....
                    4. They can be had at 37

Now, I don't want us to pick a QB for the sake of picking one this year...but I would hope that the plan is to identify a guy(s) that we really like, and formulate a plan(s) to obtain them.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Then I'll take Simmons 1 and Eason 2. Problem solved with a future All Pro defender and a hit/miss QB just like Tua
                      I’ll take Herbert 1 and Best OT at 2. Good depth on OL in this draft, i think Herbert is going to thrive in 2 years.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                        I think you've got to look at next season as a throw away season regardless.
                        We have WAY too many holes to fill( LB, NT/DT, CB, OL, RB)to put a lot of money in one position( read QB) so I wouldn't expect a top QB signing to move the needle that much.
                        If we do draft a rookie, I wouldn't hold your breath of making the playoffs.
                        And bringing PR back would just be more of the same.
                        Spend money on filling as many holes as you can, let Taylor earn his paycheck next year, and in 2021, if Taylor is as bad as you think he is, we'll be back at the top of the draft board, ready to plug in a top rated rookie QB who has a better team surrounding him.
                        We do have some holes, but you can easily make the case that if not for all the turnovers, our record would be vastly different this year. Fix a hole or two and stop the turnovers and suddenly that one score loss could be a one score win like it was in 2018. But that QB does throw a wrinkle in all that.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

If Taylor was starting because we have our future QB sitting, I can kind of stomach, though it is literally wasting an entire season. But if we bypass all the QBs and just draft BPA - wow, that would just be the most depressed I'd be as a Charger fan since the 1-15 season.
                          I was pretty depressed this year watching our all star QB throw away game after game, and going 5-11. But things are looking up if for no reason other than Rivers won’t be back for yet another season if lather rinse repeat.

Comment

Working...
                          X