• Show
Clear All
  • Tol
    From Accounting
    • Mar 2019
    • Carlsbad
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Those 9 INTs was with only 288 attpts. With 2 times the attempts in the NFL that will be about 20 or so....maybe more going from A ball to the Bigs.
    He also threw 28 TD's in each of his last two seasons. Did you want to do the math on that with double the attempts? Keep in mind his TD-to-INT ratio has never been worse than 2:1.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The way folks are talking about the available gunslingers in this draft, hell we already got one flawed dumbass with Stick, why draft another one?

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

if no qb is signed in FA...

Plan A: franchise qb round 1
        Plan B: late rounders. I don’t want to spend a round 2, 3 or 4 on any QB.
        there are plenty of projects I like in 5-7 maybe udfa.
        pencil in Tyrod as starter while making it a genuine competition with Stick and whoever.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

He also threw 28 TD's in each of his last two seasons. Did you want to do the math on that with double the attempts? Keep in mind his TD-to-INT ratio has never been worse than 2:1.
          Yeah but it's college ball. The TD INT ratio for most college QBs won't be worse than 2 to 1 unless they suck like Love. Even those that won't get drafted. The high ranked QBs will have a 4+ to 1 ratio. Burrow had 60TDs and only 6 INTs.

Stick won't be what you want him to be.

Comment

• Tol
            From Accounting
            • Mar 2019
            • Carlsbad
            • Send PM

The high ranked QBs will have a 4+ to 1 ratio.
            Stick was 28:7 his Sr year. Which is..... 4:1

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Stick was 28:7 his Sr year. Which is..... 4:1
              Ok, The Missouri Valley conference is a thoughy. Prepare to be disappointed.

Seriously you Stick supporters remind me of the Chad Kelly supporters at Orangemane who thought he would be their franchise QB and was begging the coaches to let him play lol.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

What’s wrong with wanting to see if a player can develop? I dunno if he’s starter material but open to see what comes from him. You’ve made up your mind, great, not gonna throw you under a bus for having an opinion. Okay to ask for same? Your debate style is a lot of bullets lately.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

I would argue that Stick has leadership and good character.
                  These traits seem to be important to LAC.
                  Chad Kelly is deficient in this area,
                  although there is prolly superior arm talent there.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Those 9 INTs was with only 288 attpts. With 2 times the attempts in the NFL that will be about 20 or so....maybe more going from A ball to the Bigs.

Still don't get the Stick love but ok.
                    Me neither. We can play Stick for a year and be set up to draft Lawrence next year with the #1 pick. Im ok with a year pause, if it must be. Build the trenches in 2020 and give them a year of hard knock development to be ready to anchor in 2021. in 2021 get Lawrence and add some needed Corner and WR upgrades. Keep trying late round/UDFA RBs ... i don't ant to invest high picks on a RB, there as many productive late rounders in the league as high picks. its about whats in front of them.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Tol
                      From Accounting
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Carlsbad
                      • Send PM

Ok, The Missouri Valley conference is a thoughy. Prepare to be disappointed.

Seriously you Stick supporters remind me of the Chad Kelly supporters at Orangemane who thought he would be their franchise QB and was begging the coaches to let him play lol.
                      Stick is just one type of scenario to mock draft for. You can mock however you want. Mock for a QB in the 1st round, the 2nd, free agency, or none at all. You get that right?

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

We just had a pause year. Win now.

Comment

• Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Jackson sucked enough to get his team to the playoffs in 2018, I’ll take that over 2019 Rivers, sure, sign me up.
                          Yep. I am sure Rivers would not have been able to do anything with the Ravens and their 3 Pro Bowl OL players and a defense that was in the top 5 in all of points allowed, yards allowed, rushing yards allowed, yards per passing attempt allowed, completion percentage allowed (Chargers were dead last), and passer rating allowed. (Extreme sarcasm.) Of course, those slacker Ravens did only finish #6 in passing yards allowed.

Jackson would be completely ineffective behind our crap OL, getting hit repeatedly and fumbling all over the place just like he did in 2018. Philip Rivers behind even an average at best OL has always been a recipe for great passing results. Rivers has never had a great OL like the one the Ravens currently have, though early in his career, he had a couple of OLs that were a little above average.

Comment

Working...
                          X