• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BigSwede View Post
    Well hello to new and old Charger friends. It's been a long while. I just joined here today to post my mock draft. I see some old names from the old San Diego Tribune days.

I'll get right into it... First, I think these players will be off the board and I won't trade up... Burrow, Young, Simmons,Tua.... The wild card for me is the Giants pick. I have CB Okudah to them for now. I don't see where they need a DT. OT is certainly a need for them. With those thoughts in mind, here we go, read it and weep...

1) OT - Andrew Thomas - Georgia ... This guy's been up and down on the draft boards over the past two or three months. Two months ago he was the consensus #1 OT. Not so much anymore. But I have to pull the card on somebody. He wins. One red flag for me is he kind of reminds me of Fluker, physically . I'll try to ignore I just said that.

2) QB - Jalen Hurts - Oklahoma ... I'd certainly take Love if he should drop to this slot but I highly doubt it. This might be a little high for Hurts but he could go before our 3rd pick. Better safe than sorry as they say. Somebody said that I think. I passed on Herbert in the first because I want to give Taylor free rein without having to look over his shoulder, at least for this year. And if something should happen to him Hurts is so similar that he could just step in without a change to the offense. By the way, if Hurts is second fiddle shouldn't he be named Avis ?

3) DT - Leki Fotu - Utah ... He's dropped a bit lately from what I can tell but like Hurts I don't want to chance he's gone by our next pick. He's huge and very athletic despite his size. The problem is it hasn't translated to his stats column. Maybe he'll learn a thing or three from Joseph. Until then I just want him to use up blockers and let everyone else get after it.

4) WR/RB - Antonio Gibson -- Memphis ... At 6'0"/228 he ran a 4.39 at the combine. He was mostly a WR in college and played a little RB as well. The so-called experts project him at RB. Fine. He's our third RB and our third WR and our KR as well. He's a beast. I just hope he's still here in the 4th.

5) WR - Quez Watkins - S. Mississippi ... I had 3 WRs in mind for our 6th round pick and went to the videotape to see who would win out. The other two were John Hightower and Tristian Jackson. Watkins is the fastest of the 3 with a 4.35. I thought he was best runner after the catch and had the best hands. I also liked his on-field demeanor. He just looks like a winner to me. I like him so much I had to move him up to the 5th round. He can return kicks as well.

6) LB - Justin Strnad - Wake Forest ... Decent size, average speed, I like his stats. I'm a stats guy. Coming off an injury but he did perform at the combine so he is healthy. I guess I might compare him as a poor man's Kyle Van Noy. I'll take that here. I especially like his passes defensed stats.

7) DE - Joe Gaziano - Northwestern... Did I say I was a stats guy? He's got 'em. Not a great 40 time for sure. More of a blue collar/lunch pail guy I guess. My other choice was Bryce Sterk who had a good 40 time. But when I went to the videotape Sterk showed me nothing despite his great stats at Montana State. Gaziano looked like a man. One thing I wanted to do in this draft was flesh out the DL. Done.

Pouncey has not been cleared yet and is a going concern. So we may have to re-sign Groy as a fallback backup and should sign at least one undrafted rookie for the position. We will also have to sign a FB/HB to replace Watt.

Other than that, there ya go. Let's Get it On!
    Welcome aboard, Swede!

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Well hello to new and old Charger friends. It's been a long while. I just joined here today to post my mock draft. I see some old names from the old San Diego Tribune days.

I'll get right into it... First, I think these players will be off the board and I won't trade up... Burrow, Young, Simmons,Tua.... The wild card for me is the Giants pick. I have CB Okudah to them for now. I don't see where they need a DT. OT is certainly a need for them. With those thoughts in mind, here we go, read it and weep...

1) OT - Andrew Thomas - Georgia ... This guy's been up and down on the draft boards over the past two or three months. Two months ago he was the consensus #1 OT. Not so much anymore. But I have to pull the card on somebody. He wins. One red flag for me is he kind of reminds me of Fluker, physically . I'll try to ignore I just said that.

2) QB - Jalen Hurts - Oklahoma ... I'd certainly take Love if he should drop to this slot but I highly doubt it. This might be a little high for Hurts but he could go before our 3rd pick. Better safe than sorry as they say. Somebody said that I think. I passed on Herbert in the first because I want to give Taylor free rein without having to look over his shoulder, at least for this year. And if something should happen to him Hurts is so similar that he could just step in without a change to the offense. By the way, if Hurts is second fiddle shouldn't he be named Avis ?

3) DT - Leki Fotu - Utah ... He's dropped a bit lately from what I can tell but like Hurts I don't want to chance he's gone by our next pick. He's huge and very athletic despite his size. The problem is it hasn't translated to his stats column. Maybe he'll learn a thing or three from Joseph. Until then I just want him to use up blockers and let everyone else get after it.

4) WR/RB - Antonio Gibson -- Memphis ... At 6'0"/228 he ran a 4.39 at the combine. He was mostly a WR in college and played a little RB as well. The so-called experts project him at RB. Fine. He's our third RB and our third WR and our KR as well. He's a beast. I just hope he's still here in the 4th.

5) WR - Quez Watkins - S. Mississippi ... I had 3 WRs in mind for our 6th round pick and went to the videotape to see who would win out. The other two were John Hightower and Tristian Jackson. Watkins is the fastest of the 3 with a 4.35. I thought he was best runner after the catch and had the best hands. I also liked his on-field demeanor. He just looks like a winner to me. I like him so much I had to move him up to the 5th round. He can return kicks as well.

6) LB - Justin Strnad - Wake Forest ... Decent size, average speed, I like his stats. I'm a stats guy. Coming off an injury but he did perform at the combine so he is healthy. I guess I might compare him as a poor man's Kyle Van Noy. I'll take that here. I especially like his passes defensed stats.

7) DE - Joe Gaziano - Northwestern... Did I say I was a stats guy? He's got 'em. Not a great 40 time for sure. More of a blue collar/lunch pail guy I guess. My other choice was Bryce Sterk who had a good 40 time. But when I went to the videotape Sterk showed me nothing despite his great stats at Montana State. Gaziano looked like a man. One thing I wanted to do in this draft was flesh out the DL. Done.

Pouncey has not been cleared yet and is a going concern. So we may have to re-sign Groy as a fallback backup and should sign at least one undrafted rookie for the position. We will also have to sign a FB/HB to replace Watt.

Welcome to TPB!

Good stuff!
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Welcome aboard. And nice thoughts on the draft.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

My final non-QB, non-Simmons mock

QB is tough to figure--chances are someone picks or trades up and snags Tua before #6. I sure hope we don't trade up. Herbert--hard to say--If the Bolts really like him, I guess they take him at #6, because I don't think he gets past the top 15 or so. Simmons--if he's there, grab him...but I think he's probably gone by #6. Which leaves us probably the Big Four at OT. If we don't go OT at #6, we better grab one at #37, because Pip is still unproven, and I don't like Turnstile Tevi backing up Baby Beluga. Need quality OT depth. Unlike some of the other Big Four OT's, Becton has actually played LT and not RT, not to mention he's already a monster with a ton of upside...so it's Becton at #6.

Aiyuk is the blazing fast field-stretcher we need at wideout. Akers is the big bruising RB to pound the rock running behind Becton and Beluga--the Killer Bookend B's...Fotu can learn a lot from Joseph at DT, where we also need depth...hopefully Tillery rebounds, but can't take any chances here, so Fotu fits here...Guidry has the speed to keep up with most of the fast wideouts, and can play outside corner, a big PON...Strnad is a decent coverage LB who could develop...and Magnifico has some decent upside...so, there u have it:

image.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

So we are getting a Javelin and Magnifico......can't be all bad lol

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              So we are getting a Javelin and Magnifico......can't be all bad lol
              With Storm Norton, we're gonna be the all-name team for sure.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                My final non-QB, non-Simmons mock

QB is tough to figure--chances are someone picks or trades up and snags Tua before #6. I sure hope we don't trade up. Herbert--hard to say--If the Bolts really like him, I guess they take him at #6, because I don't think he gets past the top 15 or so. Simmons--if he's there, grab him...but I think he's probably gone by #6. Which leaves us probably the Big Four at OT. If we don't go OT at #6, we better grab one at #37, because Pip is still unproven, and I don't like Turnstile Tevi backing up Baby Beluga. Need quality OT depth. Unlike some of the other Big Four OT's, Becton has actually played LT and not RT, not to mention he's already a monster with a ton of upside...so it's Becton at #6.

Aiyuk is the blazing fast field-stretcher we need at wideout. Akers is the big bruising RB to pound the rock running behind Becton and Beluga--the Killer Bookend B's...Fotu can learn a lot from Joseph at DT, where we also need depth...hopefully Tillery rebounds, but can't take any chances here, so Fotu fits here...Guidry has the speed to keep up with most of the fast wideouts, and can play outside corner, a big PON...Strnad is a decent coverage LB who could develop...and Magnifico has some decent upside...so, there u have it:

image.png
                Very solid.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

With Storm Norton, we're gonna be the all-name team for sure.
                  That's Storm "Trooper" Norton...thanks to another poster...

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I like this draft!!!

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

My final final mock draft for the Bolts.

#6 Tua Tagovailoa
                      #37 Austin Jackson, OT, USC
                      #71 Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
                      #112 Van Jefferson, WR, Florida
                      #151 A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma State
                      #186 Tanner Muse, LB, Clemson
                      #220 Trey Adams, OT, Washington

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Hey, Swede...you should post that mock on the draft prediction contest thread...there is a trophy and everything!!

Ok...not everything...just a trophy, courtesy Ninja...but still way cool deal!!:thumbsup:
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          My final final mock draft for the Bolts.

#6 Tua Tagovailoa
                          #37 Austin Jackson, OT, USC
                          #71 Cam Akers, RB, Florida State
                          #112 Van Jefferson, WR, Florida
                          #151 A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma State
                          #186 Tanner Muse, LB, Clemson
                          #220 Trey Adams, OT, Washington
                          If Tua's medicals totally check out, I'm okay with this. Jackson and Akers are solid picks. Don't like Adams--too much of a loose cannon that could be a locker room distraction...

Comment

Working...
                          X