• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Swift is more and more turning into how Ryan Ramczyk was for me, as eye spent some time looking over top 5-10 Olinemen over the years for the draft, and firmly came away w/the belief that RR was well worth our 7 overall, and now w/Swift, am hard pressed not to believe that he isn't worthy of a top ten slotting and our 6 overall, and....

just like I suggested that Stidham was the most Bradyesque QB to come out since I have followed the draft, do also suspect that Swift is the most LTesque RB out since the '001 draft.

will also not be surprised if the both of Stidham and Swift turn out as better selections than Burrow.

@6 'tis tough to talk myself out of Andrew Thomas @LT, albeit am able to rationalize Swift over the both of Derrick Brown and Wirfs, two of my other guys, and even tho the likes of Okudah and Simmons are prolly gonna be really good, just think our team and win/loss record benefits more w/the addition of a top shelf RB rather than WIL or CB ?? not to mention we have a big hole there atm.

compare >> Christian McCaffrey/8 overall

D'Andre Swift is an unquestioned feature back and three down threat at the NFL level. Swift brings a pretty rare blend of size, agility, speed and receiving ability — he's capable of overhauling an NFL team's rushing attack with his every down skill set. Swift projects well to an inside zone rushing offense, where his cuts and anticipation can shine, but he's a feasible fit in just about every rushing offense given his vast array of skills and rare blend of inside/outside talents. Day One plus starter.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/dandre-swift/JvNIEJQzOt

People around the program rave about his character and work habits.
    Swift enters the league with a modest 513 touches across three seasons at Georgia and should be able to contribute as a starter into his second contract.
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/jordan-reid-s-2020-nfl-draft-big-boardpositional-rankings

1) Andrew Thomas, Swift * fifteenth ?? !!
      2) Okwara, Wanagho * the Prince is my guy if we're goin' OT day two
      3) Leki Fotu, Biadasz * think I'd be leaning D outta these two
      4) Okwuegbunam, Netane Muti * the latter is def the most tempting mishap in the draft, albeit we do really need another TE

@QB Phil and/or MM are still my guys....
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

My new, it's a "Lynn Lynn world" draft...believe it's gonna be about helping Lynn be successful with his offensive philosophy going forward, and emphasizing TT's penchant for drafting skill players high, over lineman....typically.

1. Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama-Gotta admit, I'm a trencher...but that isn't a bad word to me, like it is for some. But I couldn't be disappointed with this pick, perhaps the safest prospect in the draft. He simply can do it all as a WR...literally. Precise route runner, great after the catch, can take the top off a defense with speed...in a few years, as KA nears the end of his career, this kid will be in his prime...

2. J.K. Dobbins RB Ohio State-I firmly believe there are RB prospects later in the draft that would do well for us, but you can't overstate the importance of a lead back to assume MG's role in Lynn's offense alongside Ekelor...JJ is another nice piece to have, but not that guy. And TT has shown he will draft RB early to get that star.

3. Jalen Hurts QB Oklahoma-Considering the type of QBs we have brought to camp the past few years, this kid makes sense here...and will have at least a year, maybe two to develop behind Taylor along with Stick...may the best man win.

Again...just having fun folks...more spit balling than predicting here....
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Thank you.
          The tone is just not right at TPB.
          People are scared...stuck in the past.
          They are self indulgent.
          Let's talk football.
          With mutual respect.
          Better dialog.
          Exchange ideas.
          As adults.
          LAC fans should be excited.
          Players will come to SoFi/LAC.
          In spite of Spanos.
          I love Rivers.
          But he's gone.
          LAC is job # 1.
          We need to let go dammit.
          There is work to do.
          And Weddle.
          You are a twat.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Callin others scared,stuck in the past,and self indulgent but let's talk with mutual respect lol.Cmon man you crap on any ideas that dont jive with your own TT laced vision.Sorry us trenchers can see this is just another of many clusterfuqs that go with the spaznos clan runnin this team.It is gettin outright ridiculous.Tierod is not a frasnchise QB just because he's Lynn's homeboy.Just like Geno wasn't or Cardale.Rivers is a franchise QB but the ugly truth is lil Johnny twerps guy TT was and is incapable of providing adequate protection for him or bother to replace the 3rd WR so instead they remove the QB?!?lnsanity!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
              Callin grown men scared,stuck in the past,and self indulgent but let's talk with mutual respect lol.Cmon man you crap on any ideas that dont jive with your own TT laced vision.Sorry us trenchers can see this is just another of many clusterfuqs that go with the spaznos clan runnin this team.It is gettinoutright ridiculous.
              You are invited to study and then make informed posts.

I would say you are scared.

A typical pattern is for me to make a post with some detail to it, only to have you jump in with "the Oline sucks !"

You are afraid that I am correct.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Lol man I want this team to get a Lombardi before I'm too old to care even if it is with a new QB not named Rivers.But the way this team is bein managed I actually am "scared" that that may just be a pipe dream.O line sucks!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  Lol man I want this team to get a Lombardi before I'm too old to care even if it is with a new QB not named Rivers.But the way this team is bein managed I actually am "scared" that that may just be a pipe dream.O line sucks!
                  I have no problem sticking my neck out
                  and being hypocritical.

We are all bitchy right now. Bye Phil.

There are some good posts, good content from posters old and new.

And there is plenty of shit.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

would not be opposed to a 1-2-3 of Lamb, Swift, Van Jefferson....

would prefer Thomas @LT, albeit have zero investment in a QB, nor most any other position post Phil.... atm.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I have no problem sticking my neck out
                      and being hypocritical.

We are all bitchy right now. Bye Phil.

There are some good posts, good content from posters old and new.

And there is plenty of shit.
                      Agreed!!!

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

doin' a little deeper research (intangibles wise 'specially), and considering needs more so than not....

1) RT Tristan Wirfs
                        2) LT Prince Tega Wanogho
                        3) NT Leki Fotu

where does WR Van Jefferson go off the board ??

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                          doin' a little deeper research (intangibles wise 'specially), and considering needs more so than not....

1) RT Tristan Wirfs
                          2) LT Prince Tega Wanogho
                          3) NT Leki Fotu

where does WR Van Jefferson go off the board ??
                          Hard to say. There are at least 40 WRs with draftable grades. Huge talented deep draft class.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X