• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post
    I was watching "Path to the Draft" last night and saw where Bucky Brooks had Marcus Mariota dropping and the Chargers picking him at #17. I find this scenario highly unlikely because I don't think he will drop like that, and secondly I can't see Chip Kelly sitting on his hands and not trading up if Mariota gets that close to the Eagles' slot. For the sake of discussion though, if when the Bolts work him out they think he could be the "guy" down the road would he be a good choice at #17? Playing behind Rivers for a couple of years would probably be an ideal situation for him.
    Bucky Brooks is a moron.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I wouldn't take a qb now if I thought I could resign Rivers for another 5 years.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        I wouldn't take a qb now if I thought I could resign Rivers for another 5 years.
        Agreed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

I was watching "Path to the Draft" last night and saw where Bucky Brooks had Marcus Mariota dropping and the Chargers picking him at #17. I find this scenario highly unlikely because I don't think he will drop like that, and secondly I can't see Chip Kelly sitting on his hands and not trading up if Mariota gets that close to the Eagles' slot. For the sake of discussion though, if when the Bolts work him out they think he could be the "guy" down the road would he be a good choice at #17? Playing behind Rivers for a couple of years would probably be an ideal situation for him.
          LOL...well really i think Bucky Brooks is a moron and not just because of this. He just seems unprepared when talking about the draft.

As for Shaq Thompson, id assume the second round and hopefully drafted by someone else other than us.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            Bucky Brooks is a moron.
            This^
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Geezbolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Sun Valley, ID
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
              Bucky Brooks is a moron.
              So if Bucky Brooks is a moron and is predicting that Mariota will fall to the Chargers, what does that make Curtis Conway who is predicting he will drop into the Eagles' lap at #20? At least Conway didn't have the Bolts taking him.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I think we go OL in round one or two. Starting to think we hold off on RB. Theory that you put up a stud OL and most talented RBs would do well. Not something i always agree with. But a great pass protecting RG makes sense. I see an OT that starts inside. Watt stays at Center. TT mentioned yesterday he has a bright future at Center. Noted that Hardwick struggled early in his career. OG or OT in the 1st 2 rounds. My guess anyways.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

It we draft a flawed RB after round three I will be disappointed.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• BoltBacker
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Las Vegas, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by zoom View Post
                    I think he's a perfect fit us in the first. Probably not a popular thought on here, but i think we could slide him to RG and he could be the #2 LT if Dunlap gets another concussion. He's obviously versatile and has played well wherever he's been asked to play. He's better than the swing tackle and would improve our overall depth at several positions.

Dunlap's injury history is a huge concern (to me at least).
                    Corrected for you.
                    We already have a right tackle. http://espn.go.com/blog/san-diego-ch...t-right-tackle

Comment

• BoltBacker
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Las Vegas, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      It we draft a flawed RB after round three I will be disappointed.
                      Really like Gurley but don't think we are good enough to start the season without him at full speed. If he is ready I am all in, otherwise too risky using 1st round pick on a RB who is not a near sure thing.

Still wondering if we could trade down 6-8 picks and still get either Gurley or Gordon. We could use an extra pick.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

So if Bucky Brooks is a moron and is predicting that Mariota will fall to the Chargers, what does that make Curtis Conway who is predicting he will drop into the Eagles' lap at #20? At least Conway didn't have the Bolts taking him.
                        Even more of a moron. My comments about Bucky are not just based on this one opinion.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

The Eagles probably wont wait to see it that happens. They either go get him at #2 or trade up if he gets past #2.

Comment

Working...
                          X