Clear All
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
    The NFL Draft is the movie version of Glengary Glen Rross without all the good acting and well thought-out dialog.
    Chronic is for closers!!!!
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

What's second prize?
      Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
        What's second prize?
        1st loser

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
          What's second prize?
          Second prize is a set of steak knives, third prize is you're banned..
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I remember getting jumped on for calling Scherff an OG in the NFL.

Coach Jay Gruden said it's "pretty safe" to say that No. 5 overall pick Brandon Scherff's long-term position is right guard.
            Scherff was drafted to be Washington's starting right tackle, but the Redskins view him as a better fit on the inside. OL coach Bill Callahan wants to use Scherff as a Zack Martin-type interior pass blocker. Second-year OT Morgan Moses will bookend Trent Williams after playing just 131 snaps as a rookie.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              I remember getting jumped on for calling Scherff an OG in the NFL.

Coach Jay Gruden said it's "pretty safe" to say that No. 5 overall pick Brandon Scherff's long-term position is right guard.
              Scherff was drafted to be Washington's starting right tackle, but the Redskins view him as a better fit on the inside. OL coach Bill Callahan wants to use Scherff as a Zack Martin-type interior pass blocker. Second-year OT Morgan Moses will bookend Trent Williams after playing just 131 snaps as a rookie.
              Not from me. I thought the same and laughed when they passed on Williams and took him. I am not a fan of anything but a LT on online in the top 10.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

But part of the Moses thing is that he is playing well and it gets the 2 best OL on the field at the same time.

The guy who is really (potentially) the odd man out of the Redskins is Trent Williams, their LT. He is playing for a new contract, and while he plays at a high level, is always playing through injuries or missing practice and game time. If you listen to the Redskins press conferences, they are pretty insistant that they are not viewing the move as a permanent one. That part is not getting any coverage in the press however, but if you listen to Gruden, you can hear him saying that.

If every young OL who played OG was limited to never playing OT again, then Jonathan Ogden (HOF player, Ravens), would never had gotten much of a chance. He was the 4th pick overall and spent his entire rookie year at LG, before moving to LT.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                  Not from me. I thought the same and laughed when they passed on Williams and took him. I am not a fan of anything but a LT on online in the top 10.
                  White will probably go on IR with a new rod in his leg.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                    With another six games in the books, here are my latest thoughts on the draft and offseason for us:

I would make every reasonable effort to re-sign Royal, Ry. Mathews (4.5 YPC behind our OL is worthy of a medal), Flowers, Dunlap, Gilchrist, Wright, Gachkar, Ajirotutu and Ri. Mathews. After a quick start to this season, Freeney has faded and looks to be just about done as an NFL player.

Regarding FAs from other teams, the two big targets are Mike Iupati and Justin Houston. If we get both of them, I would consider drafting as follows:

1. Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame. From the limited video I have seen of Stanley (versus Florida State), his advantage over a number of the mentioned/discussed late first round OTs is that he does better against speed rushers without any losses in other areas. On video, he actually reminds me of Marcus McNeill. The idea here is that we would move Fluker inside to RG like we did with Clary because Fluker is having the same problem that Clary had at RT albeit not quite as pronounced--he gets beat by speed rushes to the outside. With Fluker moving inside and having added Iupati, by drafting Stanley (assuming he enters the draft) we would improve at RT versus speed rushers, improve inside and would not need to draft at OG at all.

2. Haouli Kikaha, OLB, WASH. Kikaha led the nation in sacks this year and we are toward the bottom of the league in sacks and probably will not be bringing back either Johnson or Freeney. He is also solid versus the run. Other possibilities for this pick are Duke Johnson, RB, Miami or Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford. But the added incentive of making sure that Tourek Williams never sees the field on defense is enough to tip the balance in Kikaha's favor. With so many ways to go in round two, there should be no trade up in round two in the 2015 draft and we will need our round 4 pick.

3. Danny Shelton, NT, WASH. The waiver of Geathers now forces us to use a draft pick to add depth to our NT position. Shelton is rated in mocks as a first round pick, but NTs always seem to fall. I would expect Shelton ultimately to emerge as the #1 NT for us, but perhaps not immediately. He has the potential to be our primary run stuffer going forward. I realize we could use a WR at some point, but I do not see the value at WR in this area of the draft.

4. Devonte Fields, OLB, TCU. Fields has had some off the field issues that he needs to stay away from going forward, but he was the Big 12 defensive player of the year as a freshman and his highlight reel is pretty spectacular. He has a ton of potential as a pass rusher and appears as if he can be a complete OLB including run defense and pass coverage. But his real talent is as a pass rusher. Drafting Kikaha and Fields and adding Houston via free agency would give us Ingram, Houston, Attaochu, Kikaha and Fields, a very talented and deep OLB group.

5. Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina. Robinson started multiple seasons at left tackle in college, but projects as more of a right tackle in the NFL. He would represent a huge upgrade as a reserve swing tackle over the likes of Smith. Our guards would be Iupati, Fluker, Troutman and Rinehart. Our tackles would be Dunlap, Stanley, Robinson and Fluker. One issue is that only CBS has Robinson falling quite this far, but getting a player that could play LOT in a pinch in the 5th round would represent good value.

6. Jake Smith, C, Louisville. Smith is solid and could compete with Watt for the starting center position. Either way, we would have two solid players at C. I would certainly consider signing T. Robinson and giving him a chance to compete for a roster spot as well.

I understand that the weakness of this draft is that it fails to add anything at the skilled positions, but I think we can do that in free agency to a degree if we want to do so. Also, I am not convinced at all that if we upgrade our OL, our RBs would not be able to succeed. Getting Woodhead back will help us for next year. The only place that WR looks like a good value is in the first round or early in the second, but then we would not get Stanley, who I think can pretty much end our opponents' success with speed rushers on the outside against us. Otherwise, I might like a guy in round 2 like Ereck Flowers and a WR in round 1.

Anyway, that's my revised $.02 for the moment.
                    Bump...
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      1. Gordon RB
                      2. OLB - Maybe Odighizuwa or Orchard
                      3. OL - Matias, Daryl Williams, Fisher or Grasu
                      4. WR - Perriman - Like having 2 Allens on the field. You may think he dosnt have deep speed...but he did average over 20 ypc.

Thats all i got. I think the way the talent is stacked in this draft i would base my mock on that outline. But there will be players who drop that make it hard to pass. Ogbuehi intrigues me in the 2nd.
                      Two of four, not bad!
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Wrong Peryman lol

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Ben Goessling – ‏@GoesslingESPN

For the preseason, Stefon Diggs caught 15 passes for 174 yards, and finished with 413 all-purpose yards. All team highs.
                          8:20 PM - 3 Sep 2015
                          20 RETWEETS29 FAVORITES
                          For all you fans that wanted Diggs in the draft, you were right. He is a talent. But he was always injured at MD, let 's see how long he can stay healthy.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X