• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    I think its an indication that Winston is ready to go to work. Good for him.

I read somewhere that Winston compares best to Philip Rivers... well at least to play.
    I heard that as well and it kind of surprised me. He is a slow pocket passer so that is similar, but I thought I had heard one report say that one big concern some teams had about him was his slow delivery - definitely not something Rivers has.

Comment

• Asela
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2014
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      I stayed in Loreto for a month and got bored. No surf. Getting fished out. Id live in San Jose del Cabo.
      I'm not a surfer, but true Loreto is a small sleepy town. Seems safe and tucked away, nice for retired living. Wait another 30 years when you're old and gray, and maybe you wouldn't find it so boring

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
        I'm not a surfer, but true Loreto is a small sleepy town. Seems safe and tucked away, nice for retired living. Wait another 30 years when you're old and gray, and maybe you wouldn't find it so boring
        Well i was in my 20s when i was there. lol. Im sure its grown. My thing is dust. And the dusty roads get to me after a while. Plus the beach there is more sand bar. Im a huge fisherman so i need that aspect to be great. La Paz would work though. I kayaked from Loreto to LaPaz.

Comment

• Asela
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2014
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Well i was in my 20s when i was there. lol. Im sure its grown. My thing is dust. And the dusty roads get to me after a while. Plus the beach there is more sand bar. Im a huge fisherman so i need that aspect to be great. La Paz would work though. I kayaked from Loreto to LaPaz.
          Yeah, the dust can be really unpleasant if you have allergies. Loreto just reminds me of Cabo before the tourists found it.

La Paz is pleasant, but it has a narco presence unfortunately. Nearby La Paz is 2-3 sizable universities, so there's a lot more culture and people coming and going that make the city interesting. Also makes for more English speakers and some eye candy around the city They also like to have monthly events on the malecon (boardwalk area).

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Asela View Post
            Yeah, the dust can be really unpleasant if you have allergies. Loreto just reminds me of Cabo before the tourists found it.

La Paz is pleasant, but it has a narco presence unfortunately. Nearby La Paz is 2-3 sizable universities, so there's a lot more culture and people coming and going that make the city interesting. Also makes for more English speakers and some eye candy around the city They also like to have monthly events on the malecon (boardwalk area).
            Fishing...drugs...babes...im all in.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

The 'Official Draft Thread' needs to be renamed to the 'Official Draft BEER Thread'.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Yea its the party thread now. Do we even need this thread sticked?

Comment

• TTK
                  EX-Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • America's Finest City
                  • Send PM

I know these are dumb but it's still interesting to hear what the "experts" have to say. Looks like they all say "B", lol.

CBS SPORTS:

Melvin Gordon | RB, WisconsinGRADE:B

Denzel Perryman | ILB, Miami (Fla.)GRADE: B

Craig Mager | CB, Texas State

Height: 5-11 Weight: 201
                  Scouts loved his athletic ability and size. He did play at a lower level, so there was some concern. the Chargers need help at corner, though.
                  GRADE: B-

-----

NFL.COM - Bryan Fischer

Draft pick: RB Melvin Gordon (No. 15 overall), LB Denzel Perryman (No. 48 overall), CB Craig Mager (No. 83 overall)

Day 1 grade: B
                  Day 2 grade: B-
                  Overall grade: B-

The skinny: Gordon is a top-tier running back and fills a badly needed void for the Chargers. That part of the equation made sense. Trading a fourth- and fifth-round pick to move up two spots was questionable, even with talk of the Houston Texans having interest in Gordon at pick No. 16. Plus, there are a number of good options they could have grabbed on Day 2. It's tough to argue against Gordon in powder blue, but the price was a little steep. Perryman will solidify the linebacking corps for years to come, and the Chargers were lucky he fell this far. He'll be terrific on first and second down. Mager can develop into a quality corner, but he's very raw, and it might be a while before he pans out -- a bit of a reach in the third.

-----

Washington Post

San Diego Chargers: The Chargers traded up two spots to take RB Melvin Gordon. Again, recent draft history says there’s no need to use a first-round choice on a running back. But in this case, it’s more forgivable because Gurley was already off the board and the drop-off to the next tier of runners is significant. Grade: B

SB Nation (Dan Kadar)

1 (15). Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin

2 (48). Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami

3 (83). Craig Mager, CB, Texas State

Gordon and Perryman were both excellent picks for the Chargers. They'll be productive early in their careers and had good value where they were picked. Mager was drafted early at No. 83, but he has good tools.

Overall grade: B+

Comment

• Faded blues
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Send PM

I think there was a severe drop off from Gordon to the rest of the pack. Given turkeys injury, I move Gordon ahead of him as well.

Ten years ago both these backs would have been top ten picks.

These two are the best rb s to come out of college since ap. their that good.

T t may have flinched but I can't blame him. When Mathews was running good, rivers was a top 5 qb in the game. Mathews gave rivers extra time to throw which made rivers a helluva light more comfortable.

Gordon performed well against everyone.

To me that pick is an A.

Comment

• Maverick
                      (Coryellian)
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Point Loma
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                      I think there was a severe drop off from Gordon to the rest of the pack. Given turkeys injury, I move Gordon ahead of him as well.

Ten years ago both these backs would have been top ten picks.

These two are the best rb s to come out of college since ap. their that good.

T t may have flinched but I can't blame him. When Mathews was running good, rivers was a top 5 qb in the game. Mathews gave rivers extra time to throw which made rivers a helluva light more comfortable.

Gordon performed well against everyone.

To me that pick is an A.
                      Totally agree.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Some comments from TT:

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Some comments from TT:
                          Perryman's toured around the world, from London to the Bay

Comment

Working...
                          X