• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I didn't click on the links here but I'm guessing its about the announcements of picks in the 3rd round from different places, including official draft parties. It sounds hokey, but why not? The draft moved from BigRock to Chicago, why not have a party when your teams pick comes up? We do that now 'virtually' when looking at the draft, and it does keep excitement going from an otherwise boring announcement. Yeah, the NFL may ultimately blow itself out with stunts, but in the end, does it really matter? It's entertainment...and if a team gets f'ed over an announcement, we'll go through that soap opera, because we're locked in, and the NFL has us by the short hairs.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

well just have to disagree, this is stupid.....Goodell trying to justify 44 million a year with dumb shit like this.
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

You just KNEW this one was coming. LOL! Sorry...don't shoot the messenger. But this shit's all over the place and is hard to miss. Enjoy!

By the way, I think a straight Rivers-for-Titans-first-pick is the LEAST of what I'd expect to get for Rivers. In other words, we get to keep our own 1st-rounder. Maybe even swap 2nd-rounders with them.

EDIT: I didn't read the article; just looked at the mock draft. This guy has us getting the #2, keeping our own #1, AND getting the Titans' #2 (and keeping our own #2).

Really...think about it...

Someone put together a draft (starting with Mariota) for those picks. Hell, we could use our own 2nd to move up (if we had to) for Gordon. Tell me you wouldn't be happy with that. And STILL have the #33.

ANOTHER EDIT: Fuck! This guy has us giving up Rivers AND our own #1 pick! Bullshit. I'm not down for this. Forget it.
        Last edited by QSmokey; 03-20-2015, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

I'm not sure why we would want to do it for just the #2 pick. Honestly, at some point, keeping Rivers is still more valuable to us then trading him.

AS far as Mariotta goes, I like him a lot better then Winston, but I don't think either is ready to just drop into our offense. I think you have to scheme around their weaknesses some while you develop them. With Mariotta, that means more quick passing, some zone read, some moving him around. Those are all elements we do, but the stretch the field, spread the D out part that we have used so much of (both horizontally and vertically) is not really something Mariotta does well at this point. I think he will once he fixes some mechanical errors, but his consistency is not there to the point you can build the O around him.

The really big issue to me is that I am not sure we have a good enough OL to put Mariotta behind. Sure, he can buy more time with his feet, but all young QB need to get comfortable in the pocket. That means run the ball some, keep defenses from teeing off at him. It means a lot of short, quick passes. Those are not things we do well. We allow more big hits to RB in the backfield then any other team. We allow more pressure then most teams. Our receivers are not instant quickness type of players, even though we do a lot more short passing then we used to.

I think we would have to spend some more money on some more FA and then be willing to scheme around Mariotta some to change the things we do. But 2 years ago, we were successful and made the playoffs because we just needed some more production from a couple of spots. Now, if we lose Rivers, we start to have to really start remaking the roster more. Kinda sets us back. And not a good thing to have happen with the stadium thing going on.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            You just KNEW this one was coming. LOL! Sorry...don't shoot the messenger. But this shit's all over the place and is hard to miss. Enjoy!

By the way, I think a straight Rivers-for-Titans-first-pick is the LEAST of what I'd expect to get for Rivers. In other words, we get to keep our own 1st-rounder. Maybe even swap 2nd-rounders with them.

EDIT: I didn't read the article; just looked at the mock draft. This guy has us getting the #2, keeping our own #1, AND getting the Titans' #2 (and keeping our own #2).

Really...think about it...

Someone put together a draft (starting with Mariota) for those picks. Hell, we could use our own 2nd to move up (if we had to) for Gordon. Tell me you wouldn't be happy with that. And STILL have the #33.

ANOTHER EDIT: Fuck! This guy has us giving up Rivers AND our own #1 pick! Bullshit. I'm not down for this. Forget it.
            #2 - Marcus Mariota QB
            #17 - Melvin Gordon RB
            #33 - DGB WR
            #48 - Eli Harold OLB
            3 - Ali Marpet OG
            4 - Donovan Smith OT
            5 - Xavier Williams DT

You have a rookie QB you better surround him with a run game, stud WRs and a really stout OL. Start Clemens and ease Mariota in.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

I would not trade Rivers for anyone's entire draft.
              Let's just singe him when the time comes.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Just say No to Mariota.

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Hey Blue your #1.......111
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

How about Rivers for all of the Titan's draft picks until 2025?

No? Then let the stupid trade talks die.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Sean Mannion is a good QB who had nobody around him this year.

Comment

• zoom
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Sean Mannion is a good QB who had nobody around him this year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...deo_PTDProDays
                        I always like Mannion.

Btw, the article is PR and our #1 for Titans #1 and #2.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                          I would not trade Rivers for anyone's entire draft.
                          Let's just singe him when the time comes.
                          Originally posted by TTK View Post
                          How about Rivers for all of the Titan's draft picks until 2025?

No? Then let the stupid trade talks die.
                          I will disregard these as comments of hopeless homers. Do you guys realize that there are Titan fans out there who think Rivers PLUS our own #1 is TOO HIGH a price for the #2 overall selection? So let's assume that that's the other extreme. The truth (i.e. Rivers' value) lies somewhere in the middle.

Comment

Working...
                          X