Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst case scenario at #6...what to do?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #25
    Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

    If you remember, Bosa wasn't exactly a fit for our defense. He was a 4-3 end coming out...we played a 3-4. He was smallish for a 3-4 DE...I think a DT or OT was the pick of choice that year by many. As for Williams, few thought we were going WR.
    True but we played a 4 man front half the time then if not more than half the time. And at 280-285 lbs, he wasnt too small imo. Fleet was an advocate for him as well but im sure you are talking about the CMB members then.

    I thought MW was a guy they would consider and wasnt shocked.

    Seems we always wanting a DT or OT lol. We still asking for those even though we signed Joseph and Bulaga. Dont think we going DT now at all.

    Comment


    • #26
      Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      LOL...nobody actually read my scenario carefully...item 1 sets the scenario with Simmons and young going to lions and giants...

      You people start playing fair, or I'm taking my thread and going home!!!!


      Lone Bolt's scenario
      1. Cincy gets Burrows,
      Lions and Giants go Young/Simmons
      2. Jags trade with Giants to pick Tua
      3. Fins take Herbert(Not a worst case for some here...)
      4. Okuda, Brown, and a fistful of olinemen left at #6...but we just nabbed Harris, Joseph...and for the purpose of this exercise, let's say they love Pipkins at LT...


      ?????
      1. Burrow (cincy)
      2. Young (washington)
      3. Okudah (detroit)
      4. Simmons
      5. tua/herbert

      If okudah drops (& tua/herbert both gone) take him - easy. You are not drafting okudah because you have Michael Davis out wide? The others are in their 30s.

      Or draft the best OT - again easy. I'd prefer that 3 qbs go ahead.

      If you draft a qb at #6 (Herbert) friendly to A Lynn's offensive scheme, and A Lynn is gone at the end of next year,
      where does that leave you? That also applies to Hurts.

      Comment


      • #27
        Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

        Lone Bolt's scenario
        1. Cincy gets Burrows,
        Lions and Giants go Young/Simmons
        2. Jags trade with Giants to pick Tua
        3. Fins take Herbert(Not a worst case for some here...)
        4. Okuda, Brown, and a fistful of olinemen left at #6...but we just nabbed Harris, Joseph...and for the purpose of this exercise, let's say they love Pipkins at LT...


        ?????
        1. Burrow (cincy)
        2. Young (washington)
        3. Okudah (detroit)
        4. Simmons
        5. tua/herbert

        If okudah drops (& tua/herbert both gone) take him - easy. You are not drafting okudah because you have Michael Davis out wide? The others are in their 30s.

        Or draft the best OT - again easy. I'd prefer that 3 qbs go ahead.

        If you draft a qb at #6 (Herbert) friendly to A Lynn's offensive scheme, and A Lynn is gone at the end of next year,
        where does that leave you? That also applies to Hurts.
        Agree BUT, Hurts is much more of a running QB than Herbert. He CAN run but looks more to pass.

        Comment


        • #28
          My worse case scenario is if with all the talent left on the board we actually draft Love at 6. I don't care about his measurables. All I see is 17 picks in the Mountain West. Not the SEC. Not even the PAC12.
          The Mountain Fucking West.
          No.

          Comment


          • #29
            I won't be shocked if they draft QB at #6.

            My guess is these are Telesco top 10 which includes 4 QBs.

            1.Burrow-QB
            2.Young-DE
            3.Simmons-LB
            4.Okudah-CB
            5.Herbert-QB
            6.Love-QB
            7.Tua-QB
            8.Becton-OT
            9.Jeudy-WR
            10.Lamb-WR


            Inside Players and Edge Players Activate and Express Yourself!!!

            Comment


            • #30
              when you're drafting this high, just don't see how you gloss over the risk factor w/some of these guys, i.e. Becton.... allowed more pressures than is ideal of late and has a weight consideration.

              perhaps nothing to be alarmed about, and.... why take the gambit when you have much safer options in Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs ??
              CB Eric Stokes, OG Trey Smith, 3T Daviyon Nixon, OC Josh Myers, NT Tyler Shelvin, S Hamsah Nasirildeen, S Divine Deablo, CB Ambry Thomas, RB Trey Sermon

              Comment


              • #31
                Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

                Lone Bolt's scenario
                1. Cincy gets Burrows,
                Lions and Giants go Young/Simmons
                2. Jags trade with Giants to pick Tua
                3. Fins take Herbert(Not a worst case for some here...)
                4. Okuda, Brown, and a fistful of olinemen left at #6...but we just nabbed Harris, Joseph...and for the purpose of this exercise, let's say they love Pipkins at LT...


                ?????
                1. Burrow (cincy)
                2. Young (washington)
                3. Okudah (detroit)
                4. Simmons
                5. tua/herbert

                If okudah drops (& tua/herbert both gone) take him - easy. You are not drafting okudah because you have Michael Davis out wide? The others are in their 30s.

                Or draft the best OT - again easy. I'd prefer that 3 qbs go ahead.

                If you draft a qb at #6 (Herbert) friendly to A Lynn's offensive scheme, and A Lynn is gone at the end of next year,
                where does that leave you? That also applies to Hurts.
                Ouch! I would be thinking both of these QB's are better than read once and then run up the middle! LOL!
                My choice for #13 in this years draft....

                1) Two top CB's Farley or Surtain
                2) Te Te if the two above are not available
                3) Trade down if all three are not available and we have a motivated trade partner and then draft your oline.

                Otherwise I have visions of Fluker in my mind?!?!?!?1

                Comment


                • #32
                  Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  I won't be shocked if they draft QB at #6.

                  My guess is these are Telesco top 10 which includes 4 QBs.

                  1.Burrow-QB
                  2.Young-DE
                  3.Simmons-LB
                  4.Okudah-CB
                  5.Herbert-QB
                  6.Love-QB
                  7.Tua-QB

                  8.Becton-OT
                  9.Jeudy-WR
                  10.Lamb-WR

                  Take Love over Tua? Oh my....time to trade out and draft neither at that point.
                  My choice for #13 in this years draft....

                  1) Two top CB's Farley or Surtain
                  2) Te Te if the two above are not available
                  3) Trade down if all three are not available and we have a motivated trade partner and then draft your oline.

                  Otherwise I have visions of Fluker in my mind?!?!?!?1

                  Comment


                  • #33
                    Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    when you're drafting this high, just don't see how you gloss over the risk factor w/some of these guys, i.e. Becton.... allowed more pressures than is ideal of late and has a weight consideration.

                    perhaps nothing to be alarmed about, and.... why take the gambit when you have much safer options in Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs ??
                    I see what you're saying.
                    Went back and watched Thomas & Becton.

                    Becton is the more powerful and massive talent.
                    Thomas did a much better job finding work and continuing to work with multiple efforts and better awareness. Becton missed opportunities to work and find more work, saw some one effort snaps.

                    Thomas looks like the safer and more pro ready talent.
                    Inside Players and Edge Players Activate and Express Yourself!!!

                    Comment


                    • #34
                      Originally posted by Critty View Post

                      I see what you're saying.
                      Went back and watched Thomas & Becton.

                      Becton is the more powerful and massive talent.
                      Thomas did a much better job finding work and continuing to work with multiple efforts and better awareness. Becton missed opportunities to work and find more work, saw some one effort snaps.

                      Thomas looks like the safer and more pro ready talent.
                      Accurate assessment. I concur.
                      2020 ADOPT-A-BOLT CHOICES

                      Kenneth “K9” Murray (LB) #56

                      Joe Reed (WR-KR) #12

                      Comment


                      • #35
                        With Burrow, Young, Simmons, Tua, Herbert off the board? Brown, Okudah are tempting, I don't like 1st rd WRs, I believe Wills is the most plug & play ready OT. Gimme OT Wills.

                        Comment


                        • #36
                          Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

                          Take Love over Tua? Oh my....time to trade out and draft neither at that point.
                          If Tua is below Love, then he's probably off Tom Telesco's board.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X