Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Tua drops?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What if Tua drops?

    https://heavy.com/sports/2020/04/pat...gers-draft-qb/

    The rumblings could be false, but there's a lot of smoke now. If he falls to us, could TT actually pass on him and instead go for simmons, Becton, or maybe Okudah? In this scenario, I assume Miami will take Herbert.

    We've been burned by injuries, more than some teams. I just don't see TT or other GM's taking a risk on him. He's gonna drop.


  • #2
    how far.... ??

    poppycock from the Pats.... doin' their darnedest to get someone to waste a pick in front of 'em

    and don't think Heavy has much sand in their pants, as not sure the either of the Fins nor the Bolts are so high on Herbert ??

    also don't think Tua is fully recovered w/his hip, and didn't like the way he was moving near the end of the pro day vid.... just a tad too gingerly for my liking.

    my guess as of right now is that TT goes to Miami @26 ??

    CB Eric Stokes, OG Trey Smith, OC Josh Myers, LB Palaie Gaoteote IV, S Hamsah Nasirildeen, RT Spencer Brown, S Divine Deablo, NT Tuli Letuligasenoa, TE Cade Otton CB Tyreke Johnson, Ambry Thomas, Coby Bryant

    Comment


    • #3
      Ideally, we take Tua over anyone but Young and Burrow. But I also wouldn't be upset if we end up with Simmons or Okudah. Just not Herbert or Becton at 6.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        how far.... ??

        poppycock from the Pats.... doin' their darnedest to get someone to waste a pick in front of 'em

        and don't think Heavy has much sand in their pants, as not sure the either of the Fins nor the Bolts are so high on Herbert ??

        also don't think Tua is fully recovered w/his hip, and didn't like the way he was moving near the end of the pro day vid.... just a tad too gingerly for my liking.

        my guess as of right now is that TT goes to Miami @26 ??
        I don't think any GM worth their salt is worried about that...only take away from that video is that Tua is still a determined, passionate, hard working guy to come back so soon...but I think anybody who wants to take Tua but has doubts, isn't worried about the hip...I think they would be prepared to red shirt him, if necessary...his talent is worth the wait. But the real concern, medically, is if he is genetically predisposed to injury...weak ligaments, brittle bones...remember our struggles with Ryan Matthews and those freakish scapula fractures? I think a lot of GMs are convinced the hip is healed, or will be...but what about the other hip? His shins? His collar bone when a 320 pound nose tackle falls on him? That's my take away on the concerns over Tua...not whether he is broken now...but how likely is he to break again?
        Lone Bolt's 1st Round Clusta-Sewell, Parsons gone...no QBs needed
        5. Patrick Surtain II CB
        6. Rashawn Slater OT/OG
        7. Caleb Farley CB
        8. Ja'Marr Chase WR
        9. Kyle Pitts TE
        10. Alijah Vera-Tucker OT/OG
        11. Azeez Ojulari OLB
        12. Joseph Ossai OLB
        13. Zaven Collins OLB

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by iginlafan77 View Post
          Ideally, we take Tua over anyone but Young and Burrow. But I also wouldn't be upset if we end up with Simmons or Okudah. Just not Herbert or Becton at 6.
          Welcome to TPB.
          Let's build a Top 3 defense and go from there.
          We play modern defensive football.

          Comment


          • #6
            Pass on Tua.

            Comment


            • #7
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4WYokjy94g

              and now theres fire. Wow.

              Comment


              • #8
                Just no to Tua.
                If Simmons is still there( now looking less likely) grab him. If not, see if someone wants to move up and we grab more draft capital.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not buying the smoke. Still think both the Chargers and Dolphins want Tua and that the Dolphins have more to offer in a trade (and will ultimately trade up to 3 to ensure they get him).

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I still remember CB.J.Verett...

                    No to Tua at #6...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My personal preference is Okudah, Simmons, Wirfs, then Tua.

                      If Okudah and Simmons are drafted prior to #6 (most likely as I read things), then Wirfs would be the best option, although I hope TT first explores a small step down (possibly with the Panthers, who need a DT like Derrick Brown a lot more than an offensive tackle). Barring a trade-down, Wirfs at #6 is not a bad pick at all and I think helps Taylor quite a bit.

                      If Okudah or Simmons are available (unless a couple of teams lose their minds and trade up resulting in three drafted QBs in the first five; unlikely that both would be available), I hope TT drafts that person. Okudah strike me as shut-down quality, and Simmons on the field with Bosa would give OCs sleepless nights..

                      If Okudah, Simmons, and Wirfs are all gone, I hope TT tries to trade down. In this scenario, both Tua and Herbert are likely still available (cannot see a scenario where #1 and #2 are not Burrow and Young) and there should be a market for the #6 pick with Derrick Brown and three of the top four OTs still on the board. Getting Tua or Herbert around pick 12-16 and adding a low-2nd / high-3rd would be ideal.
                      Last edited by RageTheory; 04-19-2020, 11:34 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by RageTheory View Post
                        My personal preference is Okudah, Simmons, Wirfs, then Tua.

                        If Okudah and Simmons are drafted prior to #6 (most likely as I read things), then Wirfs would be the best option, although I hope TT first explores a small step down (possibly with the Panthers, who need a DT like Derrick Brown a lot more than an offensive tackle). Barring a trade-down, Wirfs at #6 is not a bad pick at all and I think helps Taylor quite a bit.

                        If Okudah or Simmons are available (unless a couple of teams lose their minds and trade up resulting in three drafted QBs in the first five; unlikely that both would be available), I hope TT drafts that person. Okudah strike me as shut-down quality, and Simmons on the field with Bosa would give OCs sleepless nights..

                        If Okudah, Simmons, and Wirfs are all gone, I hope TT tries to trade down. In this scenario, both Tua and Herbert are likely still available (cannot see a scenario where #1 and #2 are not Burrow and Young) and there should be a market for the #6 pick with Derrick Brown and three of the top four OTs still on the board. Getting Tua or Herbert around pick 12-16 and adding a low-2nd / high-3rd would be ideal.
                        Hey welcome to the Blues. Most of the action is in the main forum. Lots of draft discussion there as well. Make yourself at home.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X