• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Strike him from the list. Couldn't get the best RB in the league this season going in a playoff game.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Strike him from the list. Couldn't get the best RB in the league this season going in a playoff game.
      He was never high on my list to begin with - just not enough experience. Plus the offense with Henry/Tannehill would be different than Herbert. That being said - those two plays with 11 minutes to go - 2nd and 2; 3rd and 2... keep walking

I know one game doesn't make up for a career resume but in that situation - if you can' tfigure out Henry is your guy to get you a few yards when you need to move the chains..

keep walking - just cancel the interview

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        I guess Sean Payton should be fired today as well. Their offense looks like crap against the Bears.

Hey its the NFL. You won't have a good day every week. Neither will Urban Meyer.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I guess Sean Payton should be fired today as well. Their offense looks like crap against the Bears.

Hey its the NFL. You won't have a good day every week. Neither will Urban Meyer.
          Bad comp
          At least until Smith accomplishes what Sean has.
          Smith is trying to interview for his first HC job, maybe his offense had a bad game, but it’s still relevant.
          imho
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

n
            Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Bad comp
            At least until Smith accomplishes what Sean has.
            Smith is trying to interview for his first HC job, maybe his offense had a bad game, but it’s still relevant.
            imho
            Arthur isn't even the HC.
            Having bad days happens all the time. It's not a comparison of the two. It's saying the Saints offense hasn't been that good today but the Bears offense is worse....which isn't surprising.

Down by 18 and the first play is a run lol. Lynn approves.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Trubiski started out OK now looks terrible. That was a bad miss there.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I know you have to evaluate the body of work, but hard to overlook the level of failure on the big stage. And just like the Browns, when you have an offensive line that is lights out like Titans and Browns do, it makes the job of OC much much easier and makes all the skill players look better. Telesco needs to fix this OL otherwise no matter how much of an offensive genius you are, we will see very similar results to what we are used to.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  I know you have to evaluate the body of work, but hard to overlook the level of failure on the big stage. And just like the Browns, when you have an offensive line that is lights out like Titans and Browns do, it makes the job of OC much much easier and makes all the skill players look better. Telesco needs to fix this OL otherwise no matter how much of an offensive genius you are, we will see very similar results to what we are used to.

TG
                  I am pretty vocal against Smith, Brady and Staley just based on lack of experience in their current roles. I think the Chargers have tried to hot coordinator route and it hasn't worked

But if that was an audition tape yesterday - it was nota good look for Smith. They probably won't cancel but he should not be the hire. If you want the best OC from the first time candidates - Daboll is a no-brainer.

Shefter is reporting he is being interviewed today -- first question should be - "who called those two plays when it was 2nd and 3rd and 2 before Vrabel punted?
                  if he answers "I did"
                  well interview is over
                  thank you

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

who was the hot coordinator the chargers tried? Norv? Cant be Lynn all of less than half a season of OC'ing? McMeh...the guy who listened to Manning run his own plays?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                      who was the hot coordinator the chargers tried? Norv? Cant be Lynn all of less than half a season of OC'ing? McMeh...the guy who listened to Manning run his own plays?
                      Al Saunders
                      Kevin Gilbride
                      Mike McCoy
                      Lynn got some buzz too

all were first time HCs from the OC path that didn't work - so if that removes Daboll, but also Bienemy Brady, Smith and to a degree Saleh and Staley - -so be it.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

Judging Arthur Smith on his HC credentials on yesterdays performance by the Titans offense would be a giant mistake.

His body of work the last two years, shows he knows how to coordinate a unit into an effective unit.
                        (and they played well last year in the playoffs too)

That has little to nothing to do with how good he will be as a Head Coach in the NFL.

I don't care if he gets the job or not.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• cmplxgal
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • New Jersey
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X