• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Really interesting video concerning another negative about jacksonville. The need a $150 million dollar upgrade to their parking structure there plus they may have to split games in europe. Plus they have a 2 year rebuild ahead of them. If I was Meyer I would take the Chargers over Jax for $10 mil a year in a heartbeat. Jax is no picnic!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
      Really interesting video concerning another negative about jacksonville. The need a $150 million dollar upgrade to their parking structure there plus they may have to split games in europe. Plus they have a 2 year rebuild ahead of them. If I was Meyer I would take the Chargers over Jax for $10 mil a year in a heartbeat. Jax is no picnic!

If we havent heard anything for us regarding Meyer than id have to assume Dean just dont want to pay the price for him. I mean, no word of an interview. Unless this is all going hush-hush for some reason. Its only Jax and us expressing interest.

But that video i saying its pretty much a foregone conclusion on Meyer, just hasnt been announced yet for Jax. But who knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

This was my theory on Chargers v Jaguars. The dollars and FL income tax are valid

But if Meyer has a 3-4 year window - the Chargers are closer it seems than the Jags. My guess its still 90/10 he goes to the Jags but who knows.

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

My former Ninja Sensei once told us: "If you wanna be big, THINK BIG."

If you fail, fail at 100%, without second guessing yourself.

How many people don't even have the guts to try something? They remain where they are because they never tried.

We need to STOP judging Meyer. He's done more than you or me on the Field. He's won He's led.

People talk about Chip Kelly, Nick Saban. HE IS NOT CHIP OR NICK! (Besides, what coach in the NFL would have won with GUS FERROTE 2005 Mia QB or JOEY HARRINGTON 2006 Mia QB?)
          You cannot win in the NFL with just a coach (Belicheck had a below avg QB this year.) You cannot win with just a QB (We had Anthony Lynn). You need BOTH! Having great ownership and a strong GM too. You need to have a complete team/organization. Out of ALL the candidates out there, who is the one MOST LIKELY to change to Chargers culture?

Or...we can just hire a Daboll (a more experienced M. McCoy, Anthony Lynn, Kevin Gilbride)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

How many people don't even have the guts to try something? They remain where they are because they never tried.

We need to STOP judging Meyer. He's done more than you or me on the Field. He's won He's led.

People talk about Chip Kelly, Nick Saban. HE IS NOT CHIP OR NICK! (Besides, what coach in the NFL would have won with GUS FERROTE 2005 Mia QB or JOEY HARRINGTON 2006 Mia QB?)
            You cannot win in the NFL with just a coach (Belicheck had a below avg QB this year.) You cannot win with just a QB (We had Anthony Lynn). You need BOTH! Having great ownership and a strong GM too. You need to have a complete team/organization. Out of ALL the candidates out there, who is the one MOST LIKELY to change to Chargers culture?

Or...we can just hire a Daboll (a more experienced M. McCoy, Anthony Lynn, Kevin Gilbride)
            This x 100

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

I love you man!
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Los Angeles
                • Send PM

Was reading he can also not even take either job and back out. Good news for the Chargers they have interviewed alot of candidates, seems like for once we actually have a plan A, B, and C. Obviously he should get the job if he wants it and I'm sure Chargers agree and have spoken per Ian Rapport.

Comment

• jox g
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I love you man!
                  Bro mance

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I don't think the snag is the money but the Guaranteed part of it. What if he wants $12 mil a year for 5 years guarantee? 3 years guarantee and I think it's a done deal. No?

:Beer1:
                    I'd give him 12mil for 5 years. And not even question it. He's here for at least 4 years anyway.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• jox g
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I love you man!
                      Also, at the very least, we might be able to glean knowledge on how to build a championship culture from TOP (Dean) to bottom.
                      The info can also be used to open Dean and TT's minds into now knowing how to find a winning HC.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

There might be something to this..

Report: Chargers have spoken to Urban Meyer

Josh Alper
                        6 hours ago

There’s been a lot of talk about Urban Meyer becoming the next head coach of the Jaguars, but it appears that may not be his only NFL option.

NFL Media reports that the Chargers and Meyer have spoken recently. The report adds that there has not been a formal interview at this point, but that Meyer’s desire to explore every option is part of the reason why things with the Jaguars remain open.

Moving onto an interview would suggest that the momentum that appeared to be pushing him to the Jaguars has hit a snag and that Meyer is a real option to take over in Justin Herbert’s second season.

Meyer could also opt to pass on a chance to returning to coaching altogether and his ultimate decision will be watched closely by multiple teams.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Also, at the very least, we might be able to glean knowledge on how to build a championship culture from TOP (Dean) to bottom.
                          The info can also be used to open Dean and TT's minds into now knowing how to find a winning HC.
                          take notes always.
                          not just about the candidates but what they propose to do with the team.
                          I don't know how specific it gets during these interviews, but if i'm Telesco
                          I'm taking notes and looking for themes from what I hear from each and every candidate I interview
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X