• Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

My wife said that immediately ha
    He's the one that drafted Hill and Hunt in KC and happily traded for OBJ in Cleveland. It wouldn't shock me one bit, and Brown would get to face the Squeelers twice a year. Which I think would motivate him.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Bet he goes to the Pat's and all of a sudden cleans up his act. Ugh.
      I think that's the conventional wisdom out there, and that was my gut reaction (as well as the Chiefs, and since Dorsey moved, the Browns). The problem is if you can see AB as 'coachable team player'. I think you can ask him to do anything on the field as an individual, but can he be integrated with a team game plan. Moss worked in NE as he gets that team concept. I think Chad Johnson flopped as he couldn't.

Someone will bite. I think it has to be a team that is not particularly caring about chemistry or about the season (at least internally)... maybe the Dolphins or the Lions, or Bengals.

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

I think that's the conventional wisdom out there, and that was my gut reaction (as well as the Chiefs, and since Dorsey moved, the Browns). The problem is if you can see AB as 'coachable team player'. I think you can ask him to do anything on the field as an individual, but can he be integrated with a team game plan. Moss worked in NE as he gets that team concept. I think Chad Johnson flopped as he couldn't.

Someone will bite. I think it has to be a team that is not particularly caring about chemistry or about the season (at least internally)... maybe the Dolphins or the Lions, or Bengals.
        Oh shit, I forgot that they signed that diva, Ocho Stinko.

Comment

• SYB
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Also, Dolphins are purging that roster for a tank job, no way AB fits in with that. Plus Flores is a Belichick disciple as is Patricia, and are both strict rules guys, so I'm not sure of the fit. I thought of the Bungles as well, but Mike Brown is cheap as fuck.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I see the Niners being listed as one of the possible. I think that as remote, Lynch probably wouldn't put up with his shit, and the Rat would probably yell at Kyle for even thinking about it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

That video is so fucking bizarre.

I'm ​​​​starting to think that the CTE thing from the Burfict hit may be a real issue.
              Yeah, he might have frontal lobe damage. He can't check his impulsive thoughts. Paul Oliver, a blue collar lunch pail guy, started acting bizarre at this age.

Comment

• captaind
                Cook This Pork Chops
                • Jun 2013
                • Mars
                • Ball Holder
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Yeah, he might have frontal lobe damage. He can't check his impulsive thoughts. Paul Oliver, a blue collar lunch pail guy, started acting bizarre at this age.
                How did I miss that AB showed up for the first practice in a hot air balloon? Gees, maybe it is a CTE thing.

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Definitely something to consider, because it's not that he's just acting like a diva, it's that his decision making has been completely irrational.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch
                    He is the ultimate out of control, pouting diva. I wonder if the Cowboys pick him up?

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

Any contract will have out clauses for sure. AB wont like it but after his emotional explosions 2 years running any team would be nuts to sign him without behavior protection.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

How did I miss that AB showed up for the first practice in a hot air balloon? Gees, maybe it is a CTE thing.
                        And if it IS CTE, and AB suspects it, or has been told so confidentially by a doctor, THAT might explain why AB wanted his old helmet...maybe he thinks it gives him more protection compared to the new ones...

Comment

• Boltx
                          Dominate the day
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And if it IS CTE, and AB suspects it, or has been told so confidentially by a doctor, THAT might explain why AB wanted his old helmet...maybe he thinks it gives him more protection compared to the new ones...
                          That makes no sense though, as his CTE would have developed while wearing his old helmet, so all the more reason to ditch it for a more modern design.

And I believe CTE is mostly a postmortem diagnosis, so I don't think any team doc would tell him that (I could be wrong).

I agree that his behavior the past 2 years has been really odd. I don't follow the Steelers that closely but I never recalled him being this disruptive the first 5 years or so of his career.
                          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                          X