Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      I think whats throwing me off on the current banner is the fact there are 4 different uniforms on it. Its super busy that way. I just now realized it. I think we need to find Gwynn and Jones in white uniforms.

Also add Kemp?

I think these are really nice looking unis. I especially like the pinstripes. Classic without looking like a Steve Garvey Taco.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
        I think these are really nice looking unis. I especially like the pinstripes. Classic without looking like a Steve Garvey Taco.
        Exactly. They are uniquely Padre yet still classic Major league quality tradition (pinstripes for one of them and basic team coloring with block-lettering for the other).
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

The white Hoffy pic is gone. Cant find it anywhere. Thoughts on these guys? SC did a great job.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

You want the white Hoffy pic back?

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Thanks for the pic bro. Ill get it to SC,

Comment

• RobH
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Tokyo, Japan
                • University English Lecturer
                • Send PM

Shit guys. That's awesome. I like the top one best but that's just nitpicking. You guys are the best.

Comment

Thanks guys! Fleet suggested to remove the text below the Padres cap, so here's what that looks like:

Would you guys rather have Hoffman on there than Kemp or Winfield (I'm not removing Gwynn or Jones!)?

Comment

• TABF
                    Por debajo del promedio
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoCal
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                    Thanks guys! Fleet suggested to remove the text below the Padres cap, so here's what that looks like:

Would you guys rather have Hoffman on there than Kemp or Winfield (I'm not removing Gwynn or Jones!)?
                    • Love the bottom one. Dark lettering looks better on the banner IMO.
                    • I love Winfield, however Winfield and Randy Jones essentially cover the same Era. So I thinks its an either or on R. Jones and D. Winfield. Ad Hoffy to replace either of those two and you have several different era's accounted for. Plus Hoffy is the only Padre really worthy of banner status that played significant games in the Petco era.

Comment

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                      • Love the bottom one. Dark lettering looks better on the banner IMO.
                      • I love Winfield, however Winfield and Randy Jones essentially cover the same Era. So I thinks its an either or on R. Jones and D. Winfield. Ad Hoffy to replace either of those two and you have several different era's accounted for. Plus Hoffy is the only Padre really worthy of banner status that played significant games in the Petco era.
                      Thanks for the input! It's a tough one for me. Winfield, Gwynn and Jones are in the Padres hall of fame. Hoffman isn't (yet), although Hoffy was significantly more important to the playoff runs that we had when he was on the team than almost anyone else.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

I like the brown letters. And add Hoffy over Winfield imo. 2 hitters and 2 pitchers.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

What about Nate Colbert? Jones and Gwynn are gimmies of course. But a banner without our first big bat - and current all-time HR leader - seems a little wrong. But if all you can have is four guys then I understand. Gwynn, Jones, Hoffy, and someone.

I like the brown lettering too.

I still love seeing Jones' fro. He's inspiring. Thanks for the banner, SC. Beautiful and means a lot to me.
                          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                          X