• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

Huge game yesterday! Nice to have Veneble as a 4th OF. Kemper has shown signs of pulling out of his slump and frick'n yonder acts like he never got injured.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

And we're back to being mediocre. All you below .500 teams can lick it.

Comment

• RobH
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Tokyo, Japan
        • University English Lecturer
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
        And we're back to being mediocre. All you below .500 teams can lick it.
        And we're back above .500 with a nice win today. Total team effort with the 2, 3, and 4 and 6 hitters doing essentially nothing for most of the game. Alonzo continues to hit and get on base. Nice to have him back.

Comment

• TABF
          Por debajo del promedio
          • Jun 2013
          • SoCal
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
          And we're back above .500 with a nice win today. Total team effort with the 2, 3, and 4 and 6 hitters doing essentially nothing for most of the game. Alonzo continues to hit and get on base. Nice to have him back.
          His (Yonders) plate discipline has been impressive this season. Picking out hitters pitches he can drive, especially w/RISP!

Norris and Yonder are team MVP's on the offensive side thus far!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Yea, back above .500. Kemp and Amarista came through in extra innings.

Comment

• RobH
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Tokyo, Japan
              • University English Lecturer
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
              His (Yonders) plate discipline has been impressive this season. Picking out hitters pitches he can drive, especially w/RISP!

Norris and Yonder are team MVP's on the offensive side thus far!
              Yeah, he's not a power hitter, and I get that some people think that 1Bs should be RBI guys, but Yonder just keeps getting on base, and doesn't give up easy outs. It keeps the line moving, and our scoring has been a lot more consistent and better since he came back. We had a real hole in the lineup while he was away, and now that spot is a tough out. I've always liked Yonder despite his lack of power. I love his swing. I just hope he and Myers can stay healthy the rest of the way. With Myers back in the lineup, maybe we can afford to give Norris a bit more rest and let Hedges get some more work. I hate to see a young guy sitting on the bench like that. I know why he's up here, but I'd like to see Norris get some more breaks and let Hedges catch another game per week. I think it'll help both of them. I can see why Black isn't doing that, though. He needs Norris' bat in the lineup but Myers and Yonder will give him the leeway he needs to hold Norris' bat out of the lineup when we face bottom of the rotation pitchers.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Bud Black sucked today.
                5-0 Padres going into the bottom of the 6th.
                Shields, our pitcher, had just sprinted from first to home in the Pads half of the inning.
                First three Braves hit Shields harder than he'd been hit all game. Time to take him out.
                But, nope.
                It took 5 runs and some ridiculous amount of hits before Black changed the pitcher.
                We might still be able to win, but it would be a whole lot easier if we had a manager who was watching the same game I've been watching.
                I hope Norris will be okay. He got hurt after two consecutive plays at the plate.
                Last edited by Guest; 06-09-2015, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Braves have won two reviews today, and the Padres lost their only challenge. The one the Padres lost was another dumb call by the Padres manager. I don't know the rules though. What do we lose when we challenge a call and lose?

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

And we lost. Thanks Bud. Next time, pay attention please.

Comment

• TABF
                      Por debajo del promedio
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoCal
                      • Send PM

And we lost. Thanks Bud. Next time, pay attention please.
                      This isn't on BB. We have our guy on the bump, a five run lead... he was 1 pitch away several times and didn't make a pitch. He hung the mess out of that 3 run double.

No way in hell is any manager going after their guy when he is one pitch away with that big of a lead! Pitch count wasn't a huge concern if I recall either!

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                        This isn't on BB. We have our guy on the bump, a five run lead... he was 1 pitch away several times and didn't make a pitch. He hung the mess out of that 3 run double.

No way in hell is any manager going after their guy when he is one pitch away with that big of a lead! Pitch count wasn't a huge concern if I recall either!
                        One pitch away? Shields gave up 5 runs and only got one out. The one out was even hit hard. It was obvious he was done long before he gave away the lead.

Pitch count was the only thing Black was looking at. He wasn't watching the game. Apparently, he wasn't even looking at the replays.

Comment

• TABF
                          Por debajo del promedio
                          • Jun 2013
                          • SoCal
                          • Send PM

One pitch away? Shields gave up 5 runs and only got one out. The one out was even hit hard. It was obvious he was done long before he gave away the lead.

Pitch count was the only thing Black was looking at. He wasn't watching the game. Apparently, he wasn't even looking at the replays.
                          One pitch away...yup!

Do you not know what that means? Its kinda baseball 101.

Comment

Working...
                          X