Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Meanwhile Dodgers give up 12 today.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I too was onboard with Preller's shakeup last year but that doesn't make me right in the end. The Padres looked like utter, hopeless garbage their first three games. I hope they can turn it around. We will see, but if this continues its on Preller and he'll need to answer for it because it's a net loss at this point. But it is only three games, as historically bad these first three games were. Just score a damn run tonight please.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Well, if we can't score a run in Colorado, we would set a record that would never be broken. We would be up there with Cy Young's win total.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          I too was onboard with Preller's shakeup last year but that doesn't make me right in the end. The Padres looked like utter, hopeless garbage their first three games. I hope they can turn it around. We will see, but if this continues its on Preller and he'll need to answer for it because it's a net loss at this point. But it is only three games, as historically bad these first three games were. Just score a damn run tonight please.
          I wasn't sure the moves would work out, but I was excited that the owners looked like they were actually making an effort to win. We haven't often had owners who cared about winning.

My knowledge of baseball is garbage. I mean - obviously getting rid of Bud Black was a bad idea that I was calling for all of last year until it happened. But, I think, if we ever do spend money in the future, we should spend it on pitchers, not hitters. Poor hitting and top pitching can result in a World Series championship. The D-bags did it once, and, from what I understand, Bochy pulled it off in Frisco.

Top hitting and poor pitching can get a team into the post season, but, once there, that team won't win.
          Last edited by Guest; 04-08-2016, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

I had - and still do have - reservations about the Turner/Joe Ross for Myers deal (part of a three-way deal with Tampa also) but all Myers has to do is hit and stay healthy for me to change my mind on him and that deal. When I read about that trade I got pretty anxious.

I thought Kemp would be better in all phases of the game than what he turned out to be so far. Our pitchers must hate it when they see a ball going his way. I'm trying not to blame Kemp as he appears to be in excellent shape. It's just that he is right now a terrible defensive outfielder based on the physical injuries he suffered in his Dodger days. Too much fucking diving and crashing. I hate it when good players dive for balls or crash into walls. It's sooooo stupid IMO. It cuts short an otherwise brilliant career.

Now I read we might be taking on Sandoval for 3B - again. I have to ask this...anyone ever suggest liposuction for Sandoval? Why not try that? Maybe he'd get some range back with some of that belly fat removed. At least he could bend over and tie his shoes.

Like I said before, I'm bullish on our 2015 draft class and the Guerra/Margot/De Los Santos additions. But Guerra may not be ready until 2018. This international signing period better work out though - hitter wise - because this organization simply can't get any quality MLB free agent hitters to come their way. Can't do it. They just don't want to come to San Diego.

In other news...doesn't Spangenberg look like his Manager? In that photo of him sliding into home he looks just like him. Maybe that's his future - middling utility infielder (as Andy Green was). http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...cs-gulls-fans/
            Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 04-08-2016, 07:55 AM.
            For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Not to beat a dead horse but I'm not seeing how Dusty couldn't handle pitching. There were rumblings that he lost the team during the 2013 playoffs but the Reds took a nosedive in 2014 after Dusty guided them to a 90 win season. I'd take that over Green any day, and Bud Black too. We'll see how he does with the Nats and find out if he's washed up but he's 3/3 with his teams in regards to playoffs.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Not to beat a dead horse but I'm not seeing how Dusty couldn't handle pitching. There were rumblings that he lost the team during the 2013 playoffs but the Reds took a nosedive in 2014 after Dusty guided them to a 90 win season. I'd take that over Green any day, and Bud Black too. We'll see how he does with the Nats and find out if he's washed up but he's 3/3 with his teams in regards to playoffs.
                Dusty Baker seems like a winner to me, but he also seems like a Dodger, which is no bueno.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Kemp with 3 run bomb. 9-5 in the top of the 5th.

Demons exorcised.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I think Preller has to get another year for some of these young guys to emerge. He's totally shifted gears. I think ownership pushed him to be aggressive with getting real major leaguers in here. And when it didn't work out they told him to blow it up. Now that he's acquired some guys they're going to need a year or more to develop. So I think you give him some time to assess the moves. He's also got a lot of picks this year and is likely to spend a lot of money internationally.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post

I thought Kemp would be better in all phases of the game than what he turned out to be so far. Our pitchers must hate it when they see a ball going his way. I'm trying not to blame Kemp as he appears to be in excellent shape. It's just that he is right now a terrible defensive outfielder based on the physical injuries he suffered in his Dodger days. Too much fucking diving and crashing.
                      He's made two amazing catches this week.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Well the Pads are blowing out the Rocks now. 11-5 in the 7th. Thank God!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

They did this a lot last season - score big after getting shutout. They got shut out 19 times in 2015. Then they score a whole bunch and everyone forgets the shutouts.
                          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                          X