• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

They won again tonight. Shields brought his 'A' game. Speaking of starting pitchers - it looks like, in spite of T. Ross's absence, we're okay. That Vargas guy has been very effective. Haven't watched any of his games yet. But that will change next time he starts. Shields only has the one win I think but his other base numbers are favorable. Pomeranz has been our version of Kershaw - hard-throwing lefty shutting line ups down for the most part. I hope he stays healthy.

Myers is hitting better since I went off on him in this forum. ha It really was more about the trade that brought him here though - so it's more Preller than anyone else. I hope Myers can stay consistent and healthy.

If the top three West teams continue to flounder we might actually be buyers come this All-Star break. Imagine that! I wish we had some Major league ready arms that could fill in well enough to keep us in contention. One way around that is to sign Tim Lincecum. He's finally having his show-case this Friday. He's reportedly been throwing 90 mph and above in his simulated starts every five days. That sounds good. If he's really healthy I would love to have him.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Another win! 6-3. The pitching is looking good lately. Kind of like it was a couple years ago. I miss that.

I like how Cashner hung in after allowing three early runs. He went six innings allowing only the three runs. Cesar Vargas goes tomorrow. Can't wait.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Damn, boys. Can we play the Rockies all the time?
        We went down 1-2-3 for the first three innings. Our first two hits were back-to-back homers.
        Bullpen might be getting its shit together.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Fucking A, Rea had a no-no thru 6 2/3 but gave up a hit. Damn damn damn damn, why do the baseball gods hate us?

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

I don't know but I'll take a one-hitter and five runs against DeGrom. Wow, Padres pitching has been through the fucking roof lately. That is so awesome.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Mr. Hand has been off lately.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

For the moment, we're not in last and not on track to lose 100 games.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by alex View Post
                  Mr. Hand has been off lately.
                  Spicoli agrees.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                    I don't know but I'll take a one-hitter and five runs against DeGrom. Wow, Padres pitching has been through the fucking roof lately. That is so awesome.
                    Clutch hitting too. Spangy and Solarte go on the DL and the new guys come in and the team gets hot.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                      Clutch hitting too. Spangy and Solarte go on the DL and the new guys come in and the team gets hot.
                      How about Brett Wallace coming up huge at 3B. That's the kind of stuff you find on contending teams - players coming off the bench making a difference when called upon. I'm impressed with this team right now. There's a gleam.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Wallace, Weeks, and Rosales all coming up huge. Their play is lifting up this team.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

I've never talked about a no hitter by the Pads before so maybe that's why there has never been a no hitter.

The Pads have a no-hitter through 3 innings today, and, for the second day in a row, that's a no-hitter by our pitcher, not the much-less-rare no-hitter by our offense.

Comment

Working...
                          X