• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    Gaslamp Ball tiptoeing around it (they seem to know "off the record" but aren't stating it in any publication) but hinting very heavily that Dee was fired because of the injury reporting thing, and it's characterized as being "ugly". Also said that Dee never saw the firing coming and MLB was "very pleased" with his firing. They're speculating that Preller is safe for now.

http://www.gaslampball.com/2016/10/1...adres-continue

Okay. It doesn't make sense to me that Preller did it because he has to deal with these GM's later on. So if Dee is the one who did the faux medical's that would make so much more sense to me. It pisses me off but at least he's gone.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Millionaire Pussy View Post
      Okay. It doesn't make sense to me that Preller did it because he has to deal with these GM's later on. So if Dee is the one who did the faux medical's that would make so much more sense to me. It pisses me off but at least he's gone.
      Good conversation in the comments section of that article. They go back and forth with their conspiracy theories (like embezzlement or workplace harassment) but by the end it appears the consensus is MLB knew it was Dee, but the highest ranking official that MLB can punish is the GM. So they suspended Preller to send a message. Seidler got wind that Dee was behind it and lied, and subsequently let Preller take the fall. When Seidler finally figured it out he fired Dee for being the real person perpetrating the deed (ordering the doctored health reports and framing Preller or making him take the fall). What a mess. If this is true I really sympathize with Preller but how effective is he going to be, he was turned into a neutered patsy and hung out to dry. I wonder if he helped fingered Dee or if he just let himself fall on his sword and kept his mouth shut until it came to light? The Padres are really fucked up.
      Last edited by 6025; 10-23-2016, 11:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X