• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I see Derek Fisher getting some print as well. I don't think that'd be the best move right now. I think they should go with experience over youth
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      It's jealousy. You guys have been banging on little brother all year. It's obvious and pathetic. Why you guys care is beyond me, but that's your issue not mine.

Meanwhile, Lou Piniella, Bip Roberts, Paul O'Neill, Barry Larkin, Rob Dibble, Jose Rijo, Reggie Sanders: hypocrites, racists and anti-semites.

:facepalm1:
      I agree its jealousy, but the jealousy is of the Lakers by Clipper fan, not of the Clippers by Laker fans.

Why are they hypocrites, racists and anti-semites? They have less than zero to do with the Doc discussion, but I expected a deflection considering Doc is not defendable. Who said the lesser rivers was a racist or anti-Semite? Quite a leap, very unfounded, but par for the course on this thread.

Doc is most definitely a hypocrite. He knew, he should own his choices, not act like he's shocked and considering leaving the Clips. Please. Complete BS from Doc.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Call it what you like. But I'm not really sure how the incessant bagging on the Clippers by you and OIP suggests that I am jealous of the Lakers. But whatevs.

Perhaps the right word fails me. But for some reason the success of the Clippers on the court bothers a lot of Lakers fans. I mean in this small case it takes up pages and pages of a thread supposedly about the Lakers. But maybe I've go it all wrong. Totally irrational I know, but again, not my issue.

WRT Doc Rivers, if you don't see the parallels then that's YK-style obtuse. Again, not my issue.
        Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 05-02-2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• sandiego17
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Call it what you like. But I'm not really sure how the incessant bagging on the Clippers by you and OIP suggests that I am jealous of the Lakers. But whatevs.
          Can't speak for OIP, but for me its generally in response to your posts. I'm not generally one to not respond and its fun. Some of my best friends are Yankee/Giant fans, I still love those guys despite their faults. I don't take this shit, especially sports arguments personally. The only thing I ask, no Raider fans please.

Perhaps the right word fails me. But for some reason the success of the Clippers on the court bothers a lot of Lakers fans. I mean in this small case it takes up pages and pages of a thread supposedly about the Lakers. But maybe I've go it all wrong. Totally irrational I know, but again, not my issue.
          Completely your issue because the way I see it, its the Clippers inferiority complex. I'm not posting anti-Clipper anything on a Clipper thread, its you posting anti-Laker sentiment on a Laker thread. I'm not sure how else to explain it, but that's what it is.

WRT Doc Rivers, if you don't see the parallels then that's YK-style obtuse. Again, not my issue.
          I see that there is no real intent on a meaningful discussion WRT to Doc and his reaction to the Sterling tapes. I have absolutely zero issue with him (or anyone else) working for the Clippers/Sterling (how he orchestrated it after the Allen thing is another matter.) Its one of a couple handfuls of jobs coaching at this level. In regards to the parallel, unless one of the guys you mentioned decided that they would think about resigning after 1) taking the job and 2) knowing what Marge was like before taking said job, like Rivers did with the Clippers, there really is no parallel. Drawing a parallel is, in your words, YK-style obtuse.

If I were a Clipper fan, I would be pissed at Rivers suggestion that he may resign, as if this was all some big surprise. Rivers needs to own up to taking the job, an "I love my guys, won't abandon them, have faith Silver will do the right thing". He completely, utterly and hypocritically failed. He can rest easy as lazy journalists and apologists will praise him and his 'pride' and won't delve into the "if this is how you felt, how did you NOT feel the same before you took the job? How did you possibly not know?" messy little questions. Its much easier and popular to keep all the negatives on Sterling. As a parallel, the same question could be asked of Adam Silver, that other clown David Stern and a host of others. They really needed TMZ?
          Last edited by sandiego17; 05-02-2014, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
            Don't mistake dislike for an unabashed, unapologetic hypocrite like Doc Rivers for jealousy, especially of the Clipjoint. If your honest, the statements and threats to leave the team after the leaking of the tape completely confirm the hypocrisy (as if he didn't already know he was working for a racist.) My distaste for him has very, very little to do with the Clippers. However, I do agree, there is literally zero reason to be jealous of the Clippers.
            You're just jealous(although I'm not sure what you're supposed to be jealous of)
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              He must not have known.

Looks like Steeling is gonna fight this. He might not win but it looks like he could drag this out for years.
              Settlement logo:
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Looks like Steeling is gonna fight this. He might not win but it looks like he could drag this out for years.
                As much as Sterling is an idiot, racist, bigot, horrible owner and any other negative, can't disagree with him fighting not only the sell, but the suspension. The NBA has rules and bylaws, and he agreed to them, but the individual rights part of me doesn't like this, especially the force him to sell part. I don't agree that a persons thoughts, no matter how disgusting, should be grounds to seize control of their assets. Sterling would lose his team eventually anyway, through lack of fan support both at home and on the road, lack of sponsors and the inability to sign and resign quality players. He would be forced to overpay to just field a roster. Cuban's slippery slope argument resonates with me.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

You're just jealous(although I'm not sure what you're supposed to be jealous of)
                  I do enjoy Blakes acting more than Shaqs.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I'm not posting anti-Clipper anything on a Clipper thread, its you posting anti-Laker sentiment on a Laker thread. I'm not sure how else to explain it, but that's what it is.
                    I stopped reading here bc that's utterly ridiculous. Go back and read the thread. I've stoked the fires a couple of times but it's been nothing but 'troll the Clipper fan' for the most part.

Comment

• sandiego17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I stopped reading here bc that's utterly ridiculous. Go back and read the thread. I've stoked the fires a couple of times but it's been nothing but 'troll the Clipper fan' for the most part.
                      Of course, the rest of the post could be a bit problematic and reinforces my thought that there is absolutely no real intent to discuss Doc's 'reaction', beyond bad, disingenuous parallels. I get it, its indefensible. We'll move on, cheers.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Of course, the rest of the post could be a bit problematic and reinforces my thought that there is absolutely no real intent to discuss Doc's 'reaction', beyond bad, disingenuous parallels. I get it, its indefensible. We'll move on, cheers.
                        Sure, if you think you can get over Doc Rivers (who's obviously been in your craw all season) and your irrational, petty and oversized issues with him, then sure. Let's move on. You didn't do well with other examples, so it doesn't seem like fertile ground for discussion.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Get A Room logo:
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X