Clear All
  • Kyle
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    Lakers wont use stretch provision:

Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times:

And, of course, Nash, might be a reserve. The Lakers would have waived him had they signed Anthony and Gasol, but now they’ll eat the final year of his contract in one $9.7-million chunk instead of spreading it out over three years and taking up precious cap space in the summers of 2015 and 2016.

phew
    Make him a player/coach for the PG's.
    sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

And, It's Byron Scott. Seems like they could have made this decision awhile ago.

Although it was nice to hear from Ramona Shelbourne that George Karl was given serious consideration. I like the fact that he was at least considered. He was coach of the year 2 years ago! And the team he coached (the nuggets) went immediately in the tank after he left.

I can live with Byron... I would have still liked George Karl more, but I can live with it. He's a pro, and he's been through the grind before.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Last edited by oneinchpunch; 08-06-2014, 07:33 AM.
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            Report: Some league executives think Kevin Love will bolt Timberwolves for Lakers in 2015
            The trade can't be completed until Aug. 23, but the Timberwolves have an agreement to send Kevin Love to the Cavs for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a first-round pick.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

A link was requested.

"He wants to win," says a source close to Lakers decision makers. "But only as long as he's the reason we're winning, as long as the performance is not affecting his numbers. No one works harder than Kobe. And no one sabotages his own efforts more. He's scaring off the free agents we're trying to get. We're trying to surround you with talent and your ego is getting in the way."
                He is arguably the greatest player in the history of the Lakers' franchise. He is also destroying it from within.

Not soliciting a response, just fulfilling a request.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Saw that article yesterday. The article also said the pressure didn't bother Howard (while also stating that Howard had a beef with taking the blame). Ya, I don't buy that. Still, an interesting read.

Defending Kobe is getting old, his accomplishments speak for themselves. Its similar to defending Rivers. Both rub people the wrong way, for vastly different reasons, but the result is the same, people hate them and its pretty irrational.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

His accomplishments aren't the issue.

I don't hate Kobe.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Paul George: Now how crazy does that Kobe story sound to you ? #MediaReachingAgain
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        His accomplishments aren't the issue.
                        Actually, IMO, they are the only thing that matters because if accomplishments aren't the issue, there is no refuting this story at all, it must be accepted as gospel. Except, Kobe has always been this way, and has been as successful as anybody in the game today. I've been hearing about Kobe hurting more than helping the Lakers for decades, and yet he's won 5 titles. I sincerely hope the Lakers end up with a team destroyer like Kobe over the next twenty years. Again, defending him is old and these arguments presented are tired. Has nothing to do with you hating Kobe, but the writer...you consider that a fair story?

Comment

• sandiego17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Another link:

The article's author, Henry Abbott, writes some high-profile free agents-to-be, specifically George, were disinterested in joining the Lakers because of Bryant.
                          "Paul George, Angelino through and through, had once been the team's safest choice. But sources say one reason the two-way star had re-signed with the Pacers in the fall of 2013 instead was that he was turned off by the thought that Bryant would police his efforts."

George grew up in L.A. idolizing Bryant, even wearing Kobe's No. 24, until recently changing it to 13 this offseason. So should we put much credence in ESPN's report?

The Pacers All-Star certainly doesn't think so. George tweeted this response Monday afternoon:

"Now how crazy does that Kobe story sound to you? #MediaReachingAgain

Maybe Abbott could have checked with George? Nah, he's not a hater. And Howard enjoys the pressure. That's a good one.

Comment

Working...
                          X