• Concudan
    Bhi craic agus ceol again
    Generous Donor
    • Jun 2017
    • Principal Quality Engineer
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Crow View Post

Probably misread you.

You're saying as president, he should be saying it's their right even if he doesn't like it?

I read you to say he should have said the crazy shit he said. Ha.

My fault.
    The first one. I cant do much for the bat shit crazy stuff he says and tweets. I can just hope he learns to be presidential (I know, not happinin)....

No thing... it happens to me all the time.

Comment

• Crow
      An old frenemy
      • Feb 2015
      • In awe of Jon Gruden's incompetence
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Concudan View Post

The first one. I cant do much for the bat shit crazy stuff he says and tweets. I can just hope he learns to be presidential (I know, not happinin)....

No thing... it happens to me all the time.
      If he weren't so dangerous, he'd be borderline hilarious.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Russell Okung weighs in

Here’s my idea: Let’s open up a line of communication just between us, and be ready to respond with one voice as players.

RUSSELL OKUNGteams@RussellOkungRUSSELL OKUNG / CONTRIBUTOR
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Charged4Life
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Okung is an Idiot.

Discuss.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Fire all the SOBs then!. And I think the term is inmates running the ASYLUM, not prison. Something lost in translation there....
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

Fire all the SOBs then!. And I think the term is inmates running the ASYLUM, not prison. Something lost in translation there....
                  Yeah, by saying prison, McNair probably made the situation worse, as it implied that the owners are the 'screws'. Texans play the Seahawks, who are a mouthy bunch and will probably co-opt with the Texan's players for what ever they do. Sherman said that the players would have walked if they had guaranteed contracts. All this kneeling stuff really has gotten away from what ever message Kaepernick intended by his initial disgraceful stunt.

I didn't comment previously about Okung, previously, as he actually stands during the National Anthem. I don't mind the Black Power salute, it's kind of harmless and doesn't disrespect the country. On the other hand, think of the hoo-hah if some idiot decides to throw a "Sieg Heil". Okung is a victim of those who still play the race card as the cause of all ills in the country, and here he is, a millionaire because he can play a sport at a high level.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

It is going to be hard, Fleet, to let this thread go without breaking your rules.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

gonna leave this here as have seemingly been smushed/excused from the UT forum and may be enduring the same fate at the CMB.

was responding to Charging Bolts query as to why I had a 49er as my avatar, and of which I replied that it was Eric Reid (kneeling) and that I could expand on things if he wished....

ChargingBolts.... please do, you guys buddies?

not sure what your comment has to do w/anything, other than being snide, and.... personally happen to (really) disagree w/the way peoples of a non white complexion are oft treated and with how we go about criminalizing poverty and our blatant bias in housing black males in inordinate numbers in privatized prisons, and which oft involves cases of extreme violence and brutality, including murder and complete disregard for the law, let alone a person's dignity and basic human rights.

they are also portrayed incorrectly in the media as being anti NFL and anti American, when they are anti oppression and a living indictment for what ails this country and most all the world.... a belief in separation and our false sense of superiority.

most don't agree, albeit I wish instead of being berated and begrudged, that these players were instead supported by the NFL as rightly representing a group of peoples that has long languished under the weight of an undue oppression.

instead of being persecuted and imprisoned, these people need to have afforded them the dignity and due justice that any other American expects and is rendered. we are missing out on a valuable resource and asset in our brothers and sisters of another complexion.

Scandinavian prisons are virtually empty as they have no economic incentive nor apparent racial bias inherent to their prison and legal system. something has to give and it may as well start w/the NFL and their most impactful roster of predominantly black athletes.... yes bless,

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/02/sports/football/colin-kaepernick-kneels-national-anthem-protest.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colin-kaepernick-challenges-sports-nationalism-and-our-notion-of-it-as-safe-space/2016/09/04/7a312dac-71fd-11e6-be4f-3f42f2e5a49e_story.html?utm_term=.0ecd90c73cd5

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2016/0905/For-Colin-Kaepernick-protest-kneeling-down-means-reaching-out

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem
                      Last edited by beachcomber; 01-31-2019, 01:57 AM.
                      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

Working...
                      X