First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Hell no! We were celebrating last night the way we celebrate any ROAD WIN IN THE DIVISION! Anyone who thought this was going to be an easy win was kidding themselves. Last time we had an "easy" win up there may have been '06 and we have had some good teams and they have had a lot of bad teams since then. Also, do you think Rivers drives them down for that TD two years ago under Norv? Do you think the defense makes that stop this time in the season last year? Nope. It was a good win...
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
      No.

Proud of a team that overcame a lot of adversity to pull out a road win where they weren't at their best. Given our ongoing injury problems how can you be anything but proud?
      Exactly my opinion as well.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I can relate. I expected more from our guys. They went into the Raiders game ranked very high in several categories. I know wins and losses is ultimately the only category that matters but to see your team who looked dominating for three or four weeks heading into this game struggle for most of the afternoon - it was shocking to me. I guess they are human - with all that entails - first and players second.
        For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I'm not embarrassed. If I bet a thousand thinking it was easy money, I would be. Games like this keeps teams humble and working on the issues.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Division game road wins are VERY had to do no matter who the opponent is. In years past, we lost an awful lot of those so I'm not sure what there is to be embarrassed about.

Comment

In years past, we would have lost that game and blamed it on all of the injuries.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                In years past, we would have lost that game and blamed it on all of the injuries.
                Us fans might have, but Norv would have blamed it on the players.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                  THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                  Generous Donor
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Not at all. Proud, actually. We've lost games like this is the past numerous times (with arguably better teams and versus worse opponents). Look at last year even - WAS, TEN, HOU, OAK. This was like those games, except we WON. Like Rivers said 'you throw the records out' and like Schott said 'people underestimate how difficult it is to win A GAME in the NFL irrespective of opponent'
                  NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Pretty much agree with all of the above.

Injuries, road game, division game, team rallying under a new head coach, an extra week to prepare. It was the perfect scenario for the Raiders to pull off the upset, yet they failed again, in typical Raider fashion.

I expect the Chiefs game to be a lot closer than what a lot of people probably will expect as well.

Comment

• Yubaking
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Not embarrassed, but glad I didn't have to go to the grocery store to get a big brown paper bag to put over my head in the event that we had lost to arguably the worst team in football.

I think it is good that we displayed the inner fortitude to get a come from behind divisional win on the road.

With the win safely in place, I think we can look at what the Raiders did against us as a positive thing in that it showed us some areas of weakness (such as lack of run defense in second down passing situations, lack of pass rush, getting beat at times for big plays, et cetera) that we need to work on going forward, but we are getting our lesson without really having to pay for it in terms of suffering what would have been a tough loss in terms of competing for the division title.

Comment

• JDA21
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

no easy games in the NFL pal..

I'm over the moon with our start considering all the injuries..

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Jumping Cow logo:
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X