Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    Yup. I'm really surprised that the posters here are acting like our victory was on a par with what the Cowboys did in SEATTLE. I have no love for the Cowboys, but they get my vote (if I had one ) for #1 in the Power Rankings. In fact, I would actually downgrade the Bolts after their squeaker over the lowly Raiders last Sunday.

The Cowboys deserve all the accolades they're getting, IMO.
    the Power ranking BS aside, I think you are underestimating what the Chargers are accomplishing with a depleted roster. The Raider game was different than our other games in that we didn't get/maintain a lead as usual, which exposed the known weaknesses in our defense. Last season we LOST in Oakland badly with a healthier team. We also lost our 1st game this year due to our own mistakes, but haven't lost since and have shown we can overcome adversity during a game- yet still find a way to win. That's what good teams do week in and week out. Now we can win from out in front protecting leads, and win close games on the road when our ball control, win TOP offense/ protect the defense scheme is taken away.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

You guys bashing the Chargers for "barely" beating the Raiders should be jumping all over the Broncos too. They struggled the whole game against Geno Smith and the lowly Jets and it took a last minute desperation pick-six for them to seal the game. The team the Chargers just demolished last week 31-0.

Comment

• CTrout
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
        You guys bashing the Chargers for "barely" beating the Raiders should be jumping all over the Broncos too. They struggled the whole game against Geno Smith and the lowly Jets and it took a last minute desperation pick-six for them to seal the game. The team the Chargers just demolished last week 31-0.
        Yeah but we were at home Denver had to do it in NY:chuckle:

Comment

• Screeme
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I am starting to get sick of hearing how we "barely beat" a divisional opponant on the road. Here's the thing.. WE WON THE GAME!!!

Games happen in a little vaccuum.. sometimes shit happens. In this case.. the Raiders were prepared to give us their best punch, maybe in their best game of he season off the bye and new coach and all. Even if that wasn't the case.. this is the NFL, and those are real NFL players on the other team.

Last year the Seahawks needed overtime to beat a (at that time) 0-7 Tampa Bay Bucs team. Anybody remember that? Anybody even give a rats ass?!

Close games happen in the NFL. Sometimes against a team that isn't as good. Sometimes, the fact that they do stupid shit in the fourth quarter IS ONE OF THE REASONS THEY'RE NOT AS GOOD. Look at our 1-15 team... we were competetive until money time and we lost it. THATS WHY WE WERE BAD. Few teams were running us over, and yet we were still bad.

So, can we please stop trying to asterisk this win, and just enjoy winning.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
            Hate list
            1. Raiders
            2. Eli
            3. Broncos and Cowboys
            4. Chiefs
            5. Ravens
            6. Cheatriots
            7. Steelers
            8. Anybody who ain't the Chargers

Yes, we beat the Seahawks. Cowboys just got our sloppy seconds.
            Go c/-/argers!
            Sarcastic Hate Message LOGO:
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
              I am starting to get sick of hearing how we "barely beat" a divisional opponant on the road. Here's the thing.. WE WON THE GAME!!!

Games happen in a little vaccuum.. sometimes shit happens. In this case.. the Raiders were prepared to give us their best punch, maybe in their best game of he season off the bye and new coach and all. Even if that wasn't the case.. this is the NFL, and those are real NFL players on the other team.

Last year the Seahawks needed overtime to beat a (at that time) 0-7 Tampa Bay Bucs team. Anybody remember that? Anybody even give a rats ass?!

Close games happen in the NFL. Sometimes against a team that isn't as good. Sometimes, the fact that they do stupid shit in the fourth quarter IS ONE OF THE REASONS THEY'RE NOT AS GOOD. Look at our 1-15 team... we were competetive until money time and we lost it. THATS WHY WE WERE BAD. Few teams were running us over, and yet we were still bad.

I find it interesting that the 2 "good" games the Raiders have played were Week 1 and after the bye. They'll go back to their general suckitude this week.

Meanwhile, we'll scrape by another close win this weekend and everyone will be talking about how we're not as good as our record ... until we pull the "upset" the following week. That will get the media's attention. They'll be talking all about how we beat both of last season's Super Bowl teams and how Rivers is the unanimous MVP halfway through the season.

And it will matter just as little then as now, because it's all talk and opinion, and we still have to win the games on the field.
              Adipose

Comment

• TTK
                EX-Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • America's Finest City
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post

Yup!

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  Sarcastic Hate Message LOGO:
                  Thank you.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                    the Power ranking BS aside, I think you are underestimating what the Chargers are accomplishing with a depleted roster. The Raider game was different than our other games in that we didn't get/maintain a lead as usual, which exposed the known weaknesses in our defense. Last season we LOST in Oakland badly with a healthier team. We also lost our 1st game this year due to our own mistakes, but haven't lost since and have shown we can overcome adversity during a game- yet still find a way to win. That's what good teams do week in and week out. Now we can win from out in front protecting leads, and win close games on the road when our ball control, win TOP offense/ protect the defense scheme is taken away.
                    Those are good points.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                      Charger Fan till the end
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Carolina
                      • Send PM

We for all intents and purposes beat Seattle on all 3 sides of the ball. Yah sure it was home but regardless we out executed them pretty much the whole game despite the bad ref calls going agsinst us. TOP was iver 2:1 in our favor and Seattles vaunted D had no answer...THAT is what distinguishes us fellas from what Dallas did.

Dallas was back and forth with Seattle and it came down to the 4th to decide it. Kudos to Dallas for sure....they are playing well.

Our W is no better than their W is it?

Play 2 out of 3 maybe to see game to game the victor. I like our chances.

Comment

• Boltimore
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Naples, FL
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I don't care about this at all.

1) I don't care what anyone else thinks of the team I root for, I live in Beakshit City, so I'm used to it. If the Chargers win, I'm happy, if they lose, I'm pissed and/or despondent.

2) My exposure to what the media thinks of my team is limited exclusively to actual game coverage on the games I can watch and what I read here. I have no idea what bloggers, analysts, or talk show hosts say unless it's posted here.

I think that it's stupid to get butthurt that someone on TV or in an ESPN thinktank likes the Cowboys and doesn't like the CHargers, None of those people will be suiting up and playing this Sunday.

Edit: Minutes after posting this, I see a Philip interview at halftime because GF's son is watching the Thurs game. I think that Philip's balls are clean for awhile.... Love him.
                        Last edited by Boltimore; 10-16-2014, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Time to clean this balls

Beakshit City LOGO:
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X