• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Wow. PR needs to find something else to do in the off season. Like maybe work on his game, his foot work, his mechanics...
    sigpic

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Fleet....thanks for the new term I can apply to my 4 kids...."hey you....fuck trophy #4....get me a beer and tell the trophy distributor its time to fix the guacamole up just right"

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
        Fleet....thanks for the new term I can apply to my 4 kids...."hey you....fuck trophy #4....get me a beer and tell the trophy distributor its time to fix the guacamole up just right"
        Please let us know how that works out for you.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
          Thats what i do bro. lol

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

This thread title is an oxymoron.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              This thread title is an oxymoron.
              I've been called worse.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                I've been called worse.
                Problem is he is actually calling Rivers that. He is such a hater.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                  classic. WR is the deepest group of talent on the team and the writer singles THAT out as a weakness for Rivers?
                  If you like a group of potentual injury disaster. One down so far and Brown has had the yearly hamstring problem again.

As for Rivers....holy shit man. Thats a lot of kids.

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

In ESPN the Magazine's College Football Preview issue, Sam Alipour has Chargers QB Philip Rivers fire back at fans' comments.

Who's crying now?
                    Chargers QB Philip Rivers stays in the pocket vs. his critics
                    Originally Published: August 8, 2013
                    By Sam Alipour | ESPN The Magazine
                    EMAIL
                    PRINT

Philip Rivers
                    Christopher Hanewinckel/USA TODAY Sports
                    "There's nothing I say out there that I can't say to my mom," Rivers says.
                    This story appears in ESPN The Magazine's Aug. 19 College Football Preview. Subscribe today!

PHILIP RIVERS' COMPLEX relationship with Chargers fans went south during a 7-9 season in 2012. But new coach Mike McCoy and a roster reboot have given the fiery QB cause for optimism. As a father of six (soon seven), Rivers, 31, doesn't have time to peruse fan forums, so we fired your comments at the four-time Pro Bowler before July's Gatorade High School Athlete of the Year Awards in LA. Shocker: Rivers fired back.

He's a crybaby on the field and is always yelling after he throws picks.
                    -- From ESPN.com comments

Rivers: I play with the same energy, passion and fire that I played with as a 10-year-old in north Alabama, and I'll continue to play that way. I think sometimes that's misrepresented. There's nothing I say out there that I can't say to my mom, wife or daughters. It's all clean.

Rivers has shown that if he's given the O-line and receivers, he can put up big numbers. If I was the new coach or front office, I'd rebuild other positions, figuring I had a legitimate QB.
                    -- From USAToday.com comments

Look, I'm my own worst critic. I've made mistakes in areas that I need to improve -- most notably, turning the ball over. But I have great faith in our receivers and the guys up front, and I'm excited about our new offense. We'll still push the ball downfield, but you'll also see more high-percentage passes and intermediate throws than in the past. We have an opportunity for a bounce-back season. It's a matter of doing it now.

A good coach would make all the difference with him. True fans see that Rivers lost respect for Norv Turner, but Rivers is a quality guy and will not talk bad about his coach.
                    -- From NFL.com comments

Yeah, that couldn't be further from the truth. Norv was great all of our years together. We lost games for a lot more reasons than his coaching. We'll have a great relationship forever. I owe him thanks and credit for the player I've become.

Six kids? Regardless of your profession, it's impossible to be a good parent to six kids. Not enough hours in the day.
                    -- From TheBigLead.com comments

It's a two-year rotation: Once the diapers come off of one, we usually have a newborn. And we have another one on the way, due in October. I help when I can, but my wife, Tiffany, is the key. My big, growing family keeps everything balanced and grounded. My oldest is 11 now, and the kids are getting into football. They're Daddy's biggest fans, and they don't get on you as bad as most fans. If you throw an interception, they still love you.

Follow The Mag on Twitter (@ESPNmag) and like us on Facebook.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

They're Daddy's biggest fans, and they don't get on you as bad as most fans. If you throw an interception, they still love you.
                      :thinking: So thats his plan. Keep having kids to counter the boos from the stands. I like it.

Comment

• Boltergeist
                        Pesky apparition
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Baja Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

If he and Tiffany keep producing Chargers fans at this pace, we won't have to worry about blackouts in the future. And we know daddy can afford the tickets.

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                          :thinking: So thats his plan. Keep having kids to counter the boos from the stands. I like it.
                          Good a reason as any :cheers:

Comment

Working...
                          X