How Will The Offense Change This Season With Tyrod Taylor?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

The perfect example of the average QB guiding the ship is Baltimore. They rode Dilfer and Flacco to championships and those two do not make me think "highlight reel passer". If Taylor and the O can score just 25 points a game, in last years games we would have been 12 - 4. If we would have scored just 24 we would have won 8 outright, lost 4 and gone to OT 4 times tied at 24. So, say a .500 OT record is a 10 win season.

Lots of if's and maybe's here, but there is a definite chance this team could be a legitimate success.......

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Replacing half of the OL is going to make TT a lot better. Replace the other half and he’ll be all pro. Oh wait, i forgot - Lamp is in the mix. Lamp is always in the mix in July.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        Replacing half of the OL is going to make TT a lot better. Replace the other half and he’ll be all pro. Oh wait, i forgot - Lamp is in the mix. Lamp is always in the mix in July.
        haha. i really hope glasslamp can stay on the field. cuz coming outa college he was one of the highest-ranked OTs. and I dunno why the bolts MUST have to convert OL from a position they played all thru college to another position in the NFL. if you drafted the guy as a tackle why move him inside to guard when he has dancer's feet that suits him better on the edge?

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
          The perfect example of the average QB guiding the ship is Baltimore. They rode Dilfer and Flacco to championships and those two do not make me think "highlight reel passer". If Taylor and the O can score just 25 points a game, in last years games we would have been 12 - 4. If we would have scored just 24 we would have won 8 outright, lost 4 and gone to OT 4 times tied at 24. So, say a .500 OT record is a 10 win season.

Lots of if's and maybe's here, but there is a definite chance this team could be a legitimate success.......
          If TT was our starting QB last year, we would won fewer games than we did.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Maybe so.......Maybe not.......we can never know for sure until the next season is over.........

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Thats a guess. I recall Phil lost 6 games with his play. very un-Phil, he obviously panicked too much and pressed too hard. No they were not all last second hail Mary’s, he made huge mistakes early in games too. TT may have lost more, or not won as many. Or not. Its a guess. Beats me.

The OL the team gave Phil last year was uniquely unsuited to what he needs to succeed. middle of the pocket collapsed in his lap every play, edge rushers hunting him down like an Easter egg in a basket ... easy pickings. I can’t say if a much more mobile QB like TT on net might have had better success even if on an empty field Phil is better at hitting a Swinging tire or duck target.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Thats a guess. I recall Phil lost 6 games with his play. very un-Phil, he obviously panicked too much and pressed too hard. No they were not all last second hail Mary’s, he made huge mistakes early in games too. TT may have lost more, or not won as many. Or not. Its a guess. Beats me.

The OL the team gave Phil last year was uniquely unsuited to what he needs to succeed. middle of the pocket collapsed in his lap every play, edge rushers hunting him down like an Easter egg in a basket ... easy pickings. I can’t say if a much more mobile QB like TT on net might have had better success even if on an empty field Phil is better at hitting a Swinging tire or duck target.
                You need a recount.
                Pretty sure he gave us a lead in at least one or two of those and the defense crumbled....like the Pi against Denver in the last 12 seconds that was a horrible call....so ok, that was on the refs who shouldnt be deciding outcomes of games.
                We also has 2 fumbled would be TDs at the GL that would of gave us leads late in the games.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia F/U Telesco
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You need a recount.
                  Pretty sure he gave us a lead in at least one or two of those and the defense crumbled....like the Pi against Denver in the last 12 seconds that was a horrible call....so ok, that was on the refs who shouldnt be deciding outcomes of games.
                  We also has 2 fumbled would be TDs at the GL that would of gave us leads late in the games.
                  We lost more than 6 games. I did count it before, back when the season was fresh. Game where he threw straight to the defense with the game in reach. Some times multiple times.

Its open to interpretation, that was Just my read. You can have your own / different count.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

haha. i really hope glasslamp can stay on the field. cuz coming outa college he was one of the highest-ranked OTs. and I dunno why the bolts MUST have to convert OL from a position they played all thru college to another position in the NFL. if you drafted the guy as a tackle why move him inside to guard when he has dancer's feet that suits him better on the edge?
                      My essential problem is that they shifted him across the line of scrimmage, from LT to RG, & they shifted Feeney from RG to LG. Why make it easy on rookies, right?

When New England drafted drafted LT Joe Thuney & RG Shaq Mason in subsequent drafts, they ended up moving Thuney to LG & keeping Mason where he was.
                      What the hell are they smoking in New England?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Looks like Tyrods narrative about being risk averse is more out of necessity and less about a will to take those risks. To me that’s being cerebral
                          alex Smith comes to mind
                          with our weapons TT has no excuses, let it fly
                          wts our run game should be much stronger and I’ll be happy to see the offense play through the run game
                          ala ravens but not as dominant perhaps

and those highlights tell me not to count out holly making the initial 53
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X