• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
    You lost all credibility on the subject when you put Romo on that list.
    He's in the top 5 discussion this year.

Sorry if you disagree. Hardly discredits anybody's "credibility" on an online message board.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

J. Jonah Jameson logo
      sigpic

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        He's in the top 5 discussion this year.

Sorry if you disagree. Hardly discredits anybody's "credibility" on an online message board.
        Well, credibility on an online football discussion board is a bit like a feather in the wind, innit?

Still, Romo belongs in a class with Eli and Cutler. They're the QB versions of a manic depressive: 1 moment they're making Dan Marino look like a noodle-armed wannabe, and the next they're making Craig Whelihan look All-Pro by comparison. None of them belong in a discussion of the top 5 in the league yet. Of course, it's all opinion, but if you think Romo is top 5, just wait till November and December.
        Adipose

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Our D is freakin' manic depressive.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            Well, credibility on an online football discussion board is a bit like a feather in the wind, innit?

Still, Romo belongs in a class with Eli and Cutler. They're the QB versions of a manic depressive: 1 moment they're making Dan Marino look like a noodle-armed wannabe, and the next they're making Craig Whelihan look All-Pro by comparison. None of them belong in a discussion of the top 5 in the league yet. Of course, it's all opinion, but if you think Romo is top 5, just wait till November and December.
            As much as I hate him and think his D's carried him, I don't see Eli as being in the same category. He's a two-time Super Bowl champion. Like Big Ben he's in a category of guys I don't think are that good but have won Super Bowls anyway.

As for Romo and Cutler, I wouldn't lump them either. Romo isn't a well-poisoner like Cutler. Cutler brought drama with him everywhere he's been. I think Romo is very talented but that he's been surrounded by a lousy cast most of his time in Dallas. He finally has a semblance of a line and a running game. If that can make a difference for Rivers, it can make a difference for Romo. I mean, let's be honest. The perception of Rivers hasn't been that different than the perception of Romo, nationally. They've both had down periods, they've both been considered (at times) poorly timed INT machines. Yes, Rivers has better records in Nov and Dec, but Rivers hasn't carved out a post-season track record of consequence. I'm not saying that Romo is better or that the national perception is right. I'm just reporting it.
            Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 10-21-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              As much as I hate him and think his D's carried him, I don't see Eli as being in the same category. He's a two-time Super Bowl champion. Like Big Ben he's in a category of guys I don't think are that good but have won Super Bowls anyway.

As for Romo and Cutler, I wouldn't lump them either. Romo isn't a well-poisoner like Cutler. Cutler brought drama with him everywhere he's been. I think Romo is very talented but that he's been surrounded by a lousy cast most of his time in Dallas. He finally has a semblance of a line and a running game. If that can make a difference for Rivers, it can make a difference for Romo. I mean, let's be honest. The perception of Rivers hasn't been that different than the perception of Romo, nationally. They've both had down periods, they've both been considered (at times) poorly timed INT machines. Yes, Rivers has better records in Nov and Dec, but Rivers hasn't carved out a post-season track record of consequence. I'm not saying that Romo is better or that the national perception is right. I'm just reporting it.
              I can't speak to a national perception, but the perception amongst my friends (which loosely includes anyone I might watch football with) in London and Boston is that Eli and Romo are jokes, blowing hot and cold, but that Rivers is elite and the Chargers are a joke, blowing hot and cold.
              Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                Manning and Rodgers. Rivers and Luck...flip a coin.
                Who beside Rivers is making the OL calls then diagnosing the D scheme at the line of scrimmage and finally still making protection calls during his drops?

5 straight games with a 120 or better.

Nobody in this elite group with Rivers.

VIDEO LOADING
                WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
                WATCH MORE VIDEOS
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Are the wheels falling off now?

Comment

• RobH
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Tokyo, Japan
                    • University English Lecturer
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Not at all. I'm really surprised that this team hung in as well as it did against a team that's been on a roll and with our D being decimated as it has. We've got 10 days to get some people back for Miami, and if we beat them, then we've got two weeks to get ready for Oak and a reammatch with the Asses.

We'll be okay.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                      Not at all. I'm really surprised that this team hung in as well as it did against a team that's been on a roll and with our D being decimated as it has. We've got 10 days to get some people back for Miami, and if we beat them, then we've got two weeks to get ready for Oak and a reammatch with the Asses.

We'll be okay.
                      I'm just messing around. If we lose against the Dolphins, THEN the wheels will officially be falling off!

I agree with you about the injuries though. They are killing us and we desperately need the extra rest the new few weeks will give us.

Comment

• TABF
                        Por debajo del promedio
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoCal
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Nope... We're fine you guys! If we don't get healthy, I may adjust my stance. The next 23 days are important.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

It's so frustrating that injuries are once again threatening to derail a season. How many times is this going to keep happening to us? Some of it is self inflicted for hoping that guys with injury concerns would hold up and they haven't. But some is just plain, dumb bad luck. Whatever it is, we just can't stay healthy year after year.

Comment

Working...
                          X