• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    There are going to be a lot of REALLY pissed off posters come Friday morning, I fear. But we experienced a month of 'grade inflation' by beating up on the chumps around the League, so I guess we can classify the next month as a 'correction'. I just don't see this team recovering from losses at both Denver AND Miami. If we shoot our wad on Thursday, we might as well just start a 2015 Draft Thread. Even if we were to come back and beat Oakland and St. Louis - no sure thing on the heels of a 3-game slid - we'd STILL have to win 3 of our next 5 after that. And with games at Balt, KC, and SanFran, as well as Denver and NE at home, this place could get VERY unfriendly by Christmas.
    More fair weather fan nonsense.

Teams are going to try to win every game they're in. Their jobs are constantly on the line (coaches, players). We fans may not expect a win but the players and coaches are sure not going to lay down and give up to save everything just for Miami. Give me a break.

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
      More fair weather fan nonsense.

Teams are going to try to win every game they're in. Their jobs are constantly on the line (coaches, players). We fans may not expect a win but the players and coaches are sure not going to lay down and give up to save everything just for Miami. Give me a break.
      Where did I say the Chargers organization - or players - are going to mail it in? Find me a post where I say that and I will gladly give you a break.

I'm saying is that losses to Denver AND Miami might be something this team might not be able to recover from. And I think there's some truth in that. A 3-game losing streak is not something to take lightly. And if they were to lay an egg against either Oakland or St. Louis following the BYE...well...the Fair Weather Fan Club might see a big jump in membership.

However, to be fair, I AM on record as saying that if there were important guys whose health was questionable for this game, then I'd be inclined to give them the week off. Which does NOT mean that they shouldn't try, mightily, for a win with the guys who ARE healthy. I just don't think that, with 3-4 'walking wounded' guys (Flowers, Verrett, Atachou, Freeney) dragging themselves out to play, or with 3-4 third stringers (Marshall, Davis, Gakhar) starting and playing, we've got a snowball's chance in hell in this game.

Just all me "Captain Pessimist" (I actually like that one).

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Where did I say the Chargers organization - or players - are going to mail it in? Find me a post where I say that and I will gladly give you a break.

I'm saying is that losses to Denver AND Miami might be something this team might not be able to recover from. And I think there's some truth in that. A 3-game losing streak is not something to take lightly. And if they were to lay an egg against either Oakland or St. Louis following the BYE...well...the Fair Weather Fan Club might see a big jump in membership.

However, to be fair, I AM on record as saying that if there were important guys whose health was questionable for this game, then I'd be inclined to give them the week off. Which does NOT mean that they shouldn't try, mightily, for a win with the guys who ARE healthy. I just don't think that, with 3-4 'walking wounded' guys (Flowers, Verrett, Atachou, Freeney) dragging themselves out to play, or with 3-4 third stringers (Marshall, Davis, Gakhar) starting and playing, we've got a snowball's chance in hell in this game.

Just all me "Captain Pessimist" (I actually like that one).
        If players are able to play, they're going to play.

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

There are going to be a lot of REALLY pissed off posters come Friday morning, I fear.
          You shouldn't get too pissed off by a Chargers win, Q.
          Adipose

Comment

Working...
          X