• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I really liked Gordon in college. Thought he was a great pick when the Chargers drafted him. His first year he was a hot mess. The Chargers stood by him and he developed into a good all around RB, albeit one who missed a lot of games. The Chargers also ran stuff designed to maximize his talent (which he now denies) and brought in his college FB to help him out.

I lost a lot of respect for him during the holdout. Boy, the Chargers did the right thing in that negotiation. Actually, Gordon did them a big favor by turning down the $10M/year they offered. The dumb stuff he is saying now just makes me lose more respect.

The saddest part is that no one really listens or pays attention to him. When he held out, other us, no one cared! All the talk was about Elliot and others.

Looking forward to Lynn running his style run plays now and not having to work around Gordon. When Lynn was first named coach he was asked about Gordon a lot, since Lynn is a RB guru. I remember most of his answers were Luke warm. I doubt Lynn would have drafted Gordon. I think the RB drafted from UCLA is more his style.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Thanks Mel, for all this nice bulletin board material for our first game day...you'd think the Donk coaches would have told him to shut his pie hole by now...wow, dumb...
      As for his boast, I’ll believe it when I see it. I personally think they downgraded from Lindsay.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
        he WILL (like a jedi mind trick) be outplayed by lindsay. IMO lindsay just has much better vision and escapability than gordon. once they see his balance, or lack thereof, they'll figure it out to use lindsay more and let gordon be the fullback LOLOLOLOL!
        Ha-ha...I'd like to see THAT...Gordon opening holes for Lindsay...the Tweetstorm from Mel cometh...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          I really liked Gordon in college. Thought he was a great pick when the Chargers drafted him. His first year he was a hot mess. The Chargers stood by him and he developed into a good all around RB, albeit one who missed a lot of games. The Chargers also ran stuff designed to maximize his talent (which he now denies) and brought in his college FB to help him out.

I lost a lot of respect for him during the holdout. Boy, the Chargers did the right thing in that negotiation. Actually, Gordon did them a big favor by turning down the $10M/year they offered. The dumb stuff he is saying now just makes me lose more respect.

The saddest part is that no one really listens or pays attention to him. When he held out, other us, no one cared! All the talk was about Elliot and others.

Looking forward to Lynn running his style run plays now and not having to work around Gordon. When Lynn was first named coach he was asked about Gordon a lot, since Lynn is a RB guru. I remember most of his answers were Luke warm. I doubt Lynn would have drafted Gordon. I think the RB drafted from UCLA is more his style.

TG
          Didn’t Visor pull him every time they got near the GL?
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Gordon was never great..... Im glad Gordon is gone, because he had a negative impact on the team with mistakes, fumbles injuries, and hold out..... but he will likely be a better player in DEN...... not great but better

I also expect him to put extra effort against Chargers which means he will either play really well or he will fumble multiple times because he is trying so hard to prove the Chargers made a mistake letting him go......

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

Mel i had high hopes for but honestly he didnt earn his contract. Injuries and poor play made his time ineffective as a whole. If he could stay on the field he would be a pretty good back. His fumbles cost us points and games. His <4 ypc is garbage for his salary he received. Obviously his tweeting is immature and he has no clue that pissing people off in social media is never a good idea...unintelligent maybe? Real players bring their lunch pails and shut up and lay it out on the field. Perhaps if he showed up more often and performed more fans might show.

we have plenty of fans...just not all are in LA and I agree pricing strategy matters. Id rather not pay that much to go to a game even if i lived there. Season tickets is how you keep the opposition out and playing consistently good matters too.

Melvin can say all he wants but hes going to be outplayed AGAIN by another back and his immaturity just list him respect from me and im sure many more. My 13 year old has more common sense than him and thats an insult to my 13 year old.

i doubt he lasts more than 2 years at Denver. Ek greatly outperformed him here and Lindsey will there.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

listening to him speak...he sounds like he has the education of a 13 yr old. he perpetuates the "dumb athlete" mantra. sorry i never enjoyed listening to him speak. I cant imagine schools asking him to do a speech to the kids.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                  Mel i had high hopes for but honestly he didnt earn his contract. Injuries and poor play made his time ineffective as a whole. If he could stay on the field he would be a pretty good back. His fumbles cost us points and games. His <4 ypc is garbage for his salary he received. Obviously his tweeting is immature and he has no clue that pissing people off in social media is never a good idea...unintelligent maybe? Real players bring their lunch pails and shut up and lay it out on the field. Perhaps if he showed up more often and performed more fans might show.

we have plenty of fans...just not all are in LA and I agree pricing strategy matters. Id rather not pay that much to go to a game even if i lived there. Season tickets is how you keep the opposition out and playing consistently good matters too.

Melvin can say all he wants but hes going to be outplayed AGAIN by another back and his immaturity just list him respect from me and im sure many more. My 13 year old has more common sense than him and thats an insult to my 13 year old.

i doubt he lasts more than 2 years at Denver. Ek greatly outperformed him here and Lindsey will there.
                  Although I'd love for him to not do well, I do think, barring injury, he'll have a great season. He's a one cut runner with power and speed. A year of training up there in the high altitude will give him/them a great advantage, especially in the 4th quarter. Odd, thinking back, he reminds me a bit of Terrel Davis. With those 2 new receivers, and Chubb/Miller healthy, Denver's going to be a hard team to beat.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Remember, Lynn forced MG back into the game plan as soon as he ended his holdout. When the offense took a nosedive, as well as the season, Lynn blamed Whisenhunt and then ultimately Rivers.

MG was a cancer, and Lynn was an enabler.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post
                      Remember, Lynn forced MG back into the game plan as soon as he ended his holdout. When the offense took a nosedive, as well as the season, Lynn blamed Whisenhunt and then ultimately Rivers.

MG was a cancer, and Lynn was an enabler.
                      Lynn has to work with the talent he was given and Gordon was still a premium player. But yeah, everyone knew Gordon was a problem and the whole situation was a mess. I think after reviewing how the whole season went down Charger management realized big changes we;re needed. I think the team looks better on paper even sans Rivers. Whisenhunt felt like a paycheck collector. Where's he working now? I think he's retired unless the right offer comes in.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Lynn has to work with the talent he was given and Gordon was still a premium player. But yeah, everyone knew Gordon was a problem and the whole situation was a mess. I think after reviewing how the whole season went down Charger management realized big changes we;re needed. I think the team looks better on paper even sans Rivers. Whisenhunt felt like a paycheck collector. Where's he working now? I think he's retired unless the right offer comes in.
                        Whiz is still out of work as of 6-6-20...tough to get hired as an OC after your team was near the bottom in offense and getting fired mid-year...maybe he gets hired as a TE coach somewhere--that's where he has some experience...

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Whiz is still out of work as of 6-6-20...tough to get hired as an OC after your team was near the bottom in offense and getting fired mid-year...maybe he gets hired as a TE coach somewhere--that's where he has some experience...
                          I don't think he's actively looking for a job either. He could be suffering from burnout after working in football for 20+ years. Maybe he's got $5 mill in the bank and doesn't care for a $500,000 a year salary. I don't see him working unless it's at least a $1 million or more deal.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X