• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Im Trying To Please Everybody In Regards To Politics/Covid/Racial Disucssions

It would be really easy for me to just ban anyone who tries to do whatever they want here despite how im trying to contain things. Im doing my best to keep from just cutting poeple to make my job easier here. Many forums do this. Because nobody makes money owning a forum like this. Its supposed to be fun for forum owners as well right? Im at the point where this place just brings me down. And its because im always moderating.

I tried to contain it in a couple threads. Members were not happy. Other members not happy i allow it at all. Possibly even my own staff? We ran things here this way for years. Dating back to our old forum. At least as it pertains to the main forum.

So i created a new forum here. Its the NFL/Chargers Forum from a political/Racial and Covid perspective. Totally open to changing the titles.

If threads get political we will just move them there. Or if its starting to get political we will simply move those posts to a new thread in that forum.

Its really the only way i can figure out how to do this here. And meet everyone somewhat in the middle.

So all things relating to this sort of umbrella of topics almost always gets really politically heated and i have to try and keep the main forum free from it. This way i can please everyone who hates seeing it...and everyone who loves debating it.

We are doing the best we can.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Good job Fleet.

The political posts aren't working here for either side. Its best for them to be posted on another site of the poster’s choosing. This site should be all football.

Maybe political posts should just be deleted period without bias towards either side.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• maxxi
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2016
      • Send PM

Thanks, appreciate it Fleet..I know it's not easy. I get enough political coverage on social media and T.V. This forum has been my escape to get away from all that stuff.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

We have those forums. It can be discussed. Im wondering most dont even know we have other forums?
        Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 2.10.14 PM.png

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

I only concentrate in this one...those are too much to pay attention to them.... I have other things to do....

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Sad thing is, you can’t please everyone. You are such a good guy, Fleet. Always have been. But trying to do that will drive you mad.

Personally, I don’t want to come here to discuss pandemics, police relations, civil unrest, racial strife, class warfare or politics. I truly hope everyone here is safe and well and I encourage you to spread kindness wherever you go.

I only come here for Charger talk. And we all need it more now than ever.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

I really don't want to know your political leanings, because I want to respect you for your football acumen and nothing else. IMO, I don't even think it's a good idea to have a political forum in the off-topic section. That kind of debate belongs over at Reddit or any one of myriad public forums devoted to political discussion. I only want to discuss football here.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                I really don't want to know your political leanings, because I want to respect you for your football acumen and nothing else. IMO, I don't even think it's a good idea to have a political forum in the off-topic section. That kind of debate belongs over at Reddit or any one of myriad public forums devoted to political discussion. I only want to discuss football here.
                I don't come to a football forum to discuss politics (because I know half of you are wrong!) but I have no problem with a separate place like Fleet has set up. A lot of people here have debated many topics for literally years so it is not a bad thing to give them a place to discuss politics. I personally won't use it, but if it keeps politics out of football threads I am all for it.

Comment

• soutbolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Thank you Fleet. I dont post much but I love coming here to read about football and escape the bs of the world.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Fleet, I've lurked here (and at earlier versions of this forum) for years and only recently started posting, but I've always thought that you're the best, bending over backwards to accommodate people. While I have very strong political (for want of a better word) beliefs, I meet those needs elsewhere and am glad that this specific forum is limited to the Chargers. There are always the OT forums, which you don't even have to offer, but you do. You're doing so much to make this--the best online Chargers forum--available; it's not right for you to get stressed out about it. Thank you for everything you do and have done.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Thank you so much for the kind words. I just left my other forum. And my heart is sort of broken right now. But i just need to cut as much stress out of my life as i can. I literally have a disease that is triggered by it. lol

Smart move imo.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Thank you so much for the kind words. I just left my other forum. And my heart is sort of broken right now. But i just need to cut as much stress out of my life as i can. I literally have a disease that is triggered by it. lol

Smart move imo.
                        Especially in these turbulent times, we all need to keep a level head and try to agree to disagree as much as possible...so many of us are already stressed out over finances, virus-related issues, and now lately, these protests and violence...let's all try to show a bit more kindness and self-control...

Comment

Working...
                        X