• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

I couldn't agree more. Sports provides an outlet that transcends politics, race, religion, etc. It binds us together as Chargers fans regardless of belief. But, we've been without that outlet for what feels like forever. I look forward to setting aside differences, grasping the virtual hand of my fellow fan, and rooting without distraction for the Chargers.
    I wish that were true but sports have become intertwined with politics by the media and by some of the players themselves. I like and agree with fleets compromise but it’s getting harder and harder to separate the two at a institutional level much less a personal one.

fleet you have been put in an unenviable position but on the bright side this too will pass.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

It’s kind of ironic that the thread that fleet made to tell people to keep political/racial/covid talk to the correct forums and threads has been hijacked by political/racial/covid talk.

ironic alanis morissette GIF

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I wish that were true but sports have become intertwined with politics by the media and by some of the players themselves. I like and agree with fleets compromise but it’s getting harder and harder to separate the two at a institutional level much less a personal one.

fleet you have been put in an unenviable position but on the bright side this too will pass.
        I agree. I think this thread is pretty tame compared to others. I am glad some people can make comments with out going off with SJW rage that seems so prevalent at this time.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
          It’s kind of ironic that the thread that fleet made to tell people to keep political/racial/covid talk to the correct forums and threads has been hijacked by political/racial/covid talk.

ironic alanis morissette GIF
          I don't feel its hijacked at all. I see no one going off on anyone. Just comments on their thoughts and opinions. Discussions are still a viable, and can be civil with a little common ground.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I don't feel its hijacked at all. I see no one going off on anyone. Just comments on their thoughts and opinions. Discussions are still a viable, and can be civil with a little common ground.
            it felt like fleet drew a pretty clear line. If there is anything to do with politics etc it needs to be in the other thread. Maybe I’m wrong but people just stating their opinions is what leads to others stating theirs and then others telling them how they’re wrong and then more and more until it’s out of control. If you want to state your opinion about non football topics maybe do it in the appropriate forum or thread like fleet asked, much less do it in the thread where he is asking others to post it in the correct thread

Hey it’s not my job to police this thing, I’m just pointing out the obvious irony of it all. I don’t care what others do on here, I have enough with my kids at home.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I agree. I think this thread is pretty tame compared to others. I am glad some people can make comments with out going off with SJW rage that seems so prevalent at this time.
              And this is a great example of why fleets policy is correct. You using a pejorative comment like SJW while stating your opinion could be taken as insulting and could be cause for someone to respond in kind etc etc.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

We are so divided as a nation, everything is political these days. I enjoy football because it is a respite from that. I come here to talk about football. I don't want to see political discussions, nor do I want to know what your politics are. I want to respect you for your football acumen and nothing else. My $.02.

Comment

Working...
                X