• Show
Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Definately going to be a difficult game.

I can see the chargers winning, and I can see them losing.

And I could see it be close, or a blow out, either way.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
      Definately going to be a difficult game.

I can see the chargers winning, and I can see them losing.

And I could see it be close, or a blow out, either way.
      Any team can lose any game, but I really have a hard time seeing any scenario where they blow us out (sans a River injury of course). Conversely, I could see us blowing them out.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

The loss against the Broncos was the biggest loss in terms of point differential in the McCoy era (14 points). And that's against the #1 team in the NFL right now. Not sure why people think a schizophrenic Miami team would blow out the Chargers.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Limb, meet Coach.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Props to BoltX for calling it 10 days ago. And now, as then, I agree. THIS is a MUST WIN game. No ifs, ands, or Salma Hayek butts about it. If we limp into the BYE at 5-4, we've dug ourselves a nice big hole to try and dig ourselves out of. I guess I shouldn't be surprised: When has it ever been EASY to be a Charger fan?
            Since when are You a Chargers fan?

Yeah 6-3, a bye , and hopefully the return of some of our injured players, especially on D, would set us up well for a tough finishing schedule.

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Why do you think it will be mentally tough to get up for this game? It will only be 10 days since our previous game as the bye week hasn't happened yet.
              Out of rhythm/sync with so much time off before the game and then the knowledge that there are two weeks off to follow. Sort of like you or me having to work one day right in the middle of a three week vacation. May be hard to be productive during that one day...
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Hopefully there wont be an excess of days off during the bye week. Lots to work on.

VIDEO LOADING
                WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
                WATCH MORE VIDEOS
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

15. It's worth noting: The San Diego Chargers haven't beaten the Dolphins on the road since Jan. 2, 1982 -- the day of the so-called Epic In Miami, one of the greatest playoff games in NFL history.

Here's a quick synopsis of the coolest postseason game of my lifetime:

**The Chargers raced to a 24-0 lead in the first quarter.

**The Dolphins scored a touchdown on the final play of the first half -- a remarkable and seemingly inexplicable hook-and-ladder play to Tony Nathan, who sliced Miami's deficit to 24-17. (Loudest stadium roar you'll EVER hear in the first half.)

**Quarterbacks Dan Fouts (Chargers) and Don Strock (Dolphins) passed for more than 400 yards.

**Miami had field-goal chances to win the game in regulation and overtime, but San Diego tight end Kellen Winslow -- in a defensive-line role -- blocked both of Uwe von Schamann's potential game-winners.

**Speaking of Winslow, who can forget the sight of the two-way star being helped off the field after the game, due to extreme cramping? On that night, Winslow may have clinched a spot in the Hall of Fame, catching 13 balls for 166 yards and one touchdown.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Line back up to 2. Some crazy betting must be going on.

Comment

• KNSD
                      Registered Charger Hater
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think Winslow has had enough time to recover from that game. He'll be ready.
                      Prediction:
                      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        15. It's worth noting: The San Diego Chargers haven't beaten the Dolphins on the road since Jan. 2, 1982 -- the day of the so-called Epic In Miami, one of the greatest playoff games in NFL history.

Here's a quick synopsis of the coolest postseason game of my lifetime:

**The Chargers raced to a 24-0 lead in the first quarter.

**The Dolphins scored a touchdown on the final play of the first half -- a remarkable and seemingly inexplicable hook-and-ladder play to Tony Nathan, who sliced Miami's deficit to 24-17. (Loudest stadium roar you'll EVER hear in the first half.)

**Quarterbacks Dan Fouts (Chargers) and Don Strock (Dolphins) passed for more than 400 yards.

**Miami had field-goal chances to win the game in regulation and overtime, but San Diego tight end Kellen Winslow -- in a defensive-line role -- blocked both of Uwe von Schamann's potential game-winners.

**Speaking of Winslow, who can forget the sight of the two-way star being helped off the field after the game, due to extreme cramping? On that night, Winslow may have clinched a spot in the Hall of Fame, catching 13 balls for 166 yards and one touchdown.
                        One of my earliest childhood memories. Our D looked pretty good against the Dolphins starter - Don Woodley. Donny Strock, the backup QB, then had an incredible game and made us look like what our defense normally looks like. The third Don, Don Shula's move to pull his starter in a post-season game was masterful. He was a really good coach - I don't think he gets as much credit as he should when people talk about the best coaches of all time. Yea, I know he made the Hall. But it seems like there should be a Hall of Fame wing of the Hall of Fame for the best of the best. And, I think, in my lifetime, Don Shula was the best.

Fortunately, even one of the greatest offensive efforts of all time was still a little worse than the Mecca, the messiah, the Dao, the alpha and the omega of passing offenses that was Air Coryell. Holy shit, when we were at our best, we were as good as it gets. It's too bad we weren't always at, or even near, our best.

I think every one of our offensive line starters was a Pro Bowler at some point. Kellen Winslow was the best tight end ever and he wasn't even the best receiver on the team. Charlie Joiner was the 3rd-down master and I'm pretty sure his hands were made of Super Glue. Then there was Wes Chandler, who, if he had played on any other team, would probably be a candidate for the Hall. Just saying - hard to dominate the league when you're the third receiving option on your own team. I mean, our backup tight ends were better receivers than many teams had at any position. Then there were Chuck Muncie, who, if it weren't for cocaine, would definitely be in the Hall. He was Eric Dickerson, only better (well, he wasn't very good at holding onto the football. A bit of a fumbler, but I forgive him.) And Chuck's backup was future All Pro James Brooks. And need I bother mentioning who our QB was?

Side note - this game used to be called the Epic in the Orange Bowl. I bet the name was changed from Orange Bowl to Miami so people didn't start to think stadiums were ever named after something other than a corporation.

Side, side note - While I do actually remember Rolf Benirschke's game-winning kick, I'm positive I don't remember most of what I remember from this game. Most of my memories are from seeing highlights and replays of the game.
                        Last edited by thelightningwill; 10-28-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                          offensive coordinator Bill Lazor
                          Oh, so that is why they call it the Lazor offense. I thought it was an attempt at a clever nickname, like the K-Gun or something.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X