DX hurts his knee(Confirmed Lost For Season)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    That's why, even when I "retired", I never stopped reading the posts here. Extremely entertaining, on all fronts: sarcasm, quips, misspellings, spats, knock-down-drag-outs, feuds, etc. Oh, and some of the football posts are fun to read, too.
    Liar! :runaway:

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      Now that the first pre-season game is here, hopefully we won't have to waste bandwidth worrying about whether our coach is a liar because he didn't say the correct thing in response to a question about a player's injury.
      His poll numbers are sinking.

Edit: I meant "pole" numbers.
      Last edited by captaind; 08-07-2013, 09:47 AM. Reason: respelling the misspelling

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by lightningrod13 View Post
        This one is going to hurt,unless TT goes out and signs a high profile WR. On top of that,the game is blacked out folks,another black
        eye to us fans.Nice start to the opening of Chargers first preseason game,go to the radio nearest you.
        What "high profile" not Washed up wr do you suggest?

Comment

• Wheels
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

ACL tears can be a walking type of injury. My friend finished a pickup basketball game after he tore his ACL, didn't realize until later the significance of the injury. DX probably downplayed it, and then they diagnosed it later. BFD.

Comment

• lightningrod13
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            What "high profile" not Washed up wr do you suggest?
            Whatever the best Free Agent that is available.Because with what they have right now,I don't even know if they can make it
            to 8-8 .Maybe Vincent Brown can make an impact and change the scene of things,and I'm yet to see anything from Meachem
            and Royal.The WR corps hasn't been the same without Vincent Jackson,and before DA's ACL injury the chances were greater.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

some of you need to look around at other teams depth charts at WR before crying for help. vincent brown is a #1 type talent, I dont care what his height is. keenan has been coming on strong in training camp and floyd is solid. after that, one of the royal,meachem, willie group will have to step up but those guys might not even see the field unless there's another injury

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Trade Meachum for Riley Cooper!!!
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• cyberbolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by lightningrod13 View Post
                  He's done for the season.
                  Uh, yeah...I got that.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Are we really in a position where we want a FA to come in? Brown was ready to take next step up when he got hurt last year. Meachem was ready to go from a boarderline 2nd/3rd guy for him to take the next step up. Royal needs to recapture his old form. I still think Floyd has a chance to step his game up some if we can put enough help around him. I haven't seen him, but it sounds like he will either be ready to start getting some reps to step his game up, or will be ready soon.

With all those guys that need some playing time to step their games up, why would we want to bring in someone new? Lets see who answers the bell. If, we can get an all pro, fine, then it's worth the price, but taking some has been to a rebuilding team isn't going to help us. We have the chance to play their way into being one of our future starters (at least Brown and Allen can), so why not let them earn that chance. They may not respond, that is always a problem if it doesn't happen, but that is why we should keep Meachem and Royal until at least the final cutdowns.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

unless we become very pass happy again, we aren't in desparate need for more wrs.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Friends, there is a reason why the Chargers were able to sign Alexander off the street last season. And it is the same reason why they were able to offer him a relatively low tender and no other NFL team moved on him. And we are unfortunately seeing it now. Poor Donario is an extremely talented and hard working young man but he has been plagued by serious knee injuries. And it happened again.

I am disappointed, but not surprised. Are any of you totally surprised this happened? It is why the Chargers did not commit to him long term and I am sure it has been in the back of Telesco and McCoy's minds continually. I feel very bad for the kid, and the Chargers would have been better with a healthy Alexander all season. But they will be ok without him. I firmly believe this. And I am sad to say this might be the end of his career because no team will take a chance on him. Too bad.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Danario Alexander born August 7, 1988.

Happy birthday Danario!
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X