Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    Nothing in there to disagree with. Good post.
    Trench Mouth LOGO:

VIDEO LOADING
    WE'RE SORRY, BUT THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE.
    WATCH MORE VIDEOS
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

chris has a ways to go to catch MGB
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        chris has a ways to go to catch MGB
        Are you reffering to me? Because I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

It was only a month ago when the phrase "toughest for the longest" was used to describe a Charger team that beat up Seattle....

It's not how many times you get knocked down, it's how many times you get back up and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SFW View Post
            There is nothing wrong with being negative or critical from time to time. It shows a fan can be objective. The problem I have with you is you show no other side but being negative and critical 100% of the time. It becomes a broken record and really makes me wonder what you bring to the board. Maybe that is your schtick here, to just be the board hater and hate on all things Chargers. But then why bother posting on a fan board if you don't have any faith in the team, enjoy the team or even respect what they bring to the field? It seems you you don't enjoy anything about the team.

Now to answer your question about the original thread. I don't think the team is lacking physical toughness, I just think we are seeing a lot of better players/units beat our players/units. I don't see it as being a toughness factor, just more that they are not as good. Many fans see a Charger player pushed off the ball and just assume it because he isn't playing hard enough or isn't tough enough. I just assume the other player was better on that play and got better leverage.

A few weeks back during the ESPN pre-game show they were talking about how tough the Chargers were and that they were so successful and a legit contender in the AFC because they brought a NFC toughness/physicality to the game. The team didn't suddenly stop being tough or physical, they have just had too many injuries and our 2nd and 3rd stringers are playing too many snaps. Those back-up players just are not as good and some see the difference as the team suddenly lacking toughness. I don't see it that way.
            I've never pretended to bring anything to the board except some harmless, meaningless sarcasm and stupid jokes. I long ago lost hope that the Chargers were going to do anything but rip my still-beating heart out with a spoon. So I stopped watching.

However, I understand that the Negative Nancy thing is getting old. So I'll stop. I honestly didn't really think that chirs' post was all that negative; the team DOES appear to have lost it's fire...for whatever reason. And injuries, of course, are a big part - and I've said that in many posts. In fact, my entire "negative" thing about the Denver game centered around losing a battle to (hopefully) win a war. A point that was about as palatable to most here as a serving of cat shit, and I had to go out and buy a new flame-retardant suit because my old one was burnt to a crisp.

But until we're healthy, we may just have to grin and bear it. Something I am VERY bad at, by the way. Eventually, I will stop following altogether...that day is coming. Not soon enough for guys like you, I know. But it's coming.

Comment

• SFW
              PB Official Game Thread Starter
              • Jul 2013
              • NY
              • USMC
              • Send PM

I've never pretended to bring anything to the board except some harmless, meaningless sarcasm and stupid jokes. I long ago lost hope that the Chargers were going to do anything but rip my still-beating heart out with a spoon. So I stopped watching.

However, I understand that the Negative Nancy thing is getting old. So I'll stop. I honestly didn't really think that chirs' post was all that negative; the team DOES appear to have lost it's fire...for whatever reason. And injuries, of course, are a big part - and I've said that in many posts. In fact, my entire "negative" thing about the Denver game centered around losing a battle to (hopefully) win a war. A point that was about as palatable to most here as a serving of cat shit, and I had to go out and buy a new flame-retardant suit because my old one was burnt to a crisp.

But until we're healthy, we may just have to grin and bear it. Something I am VERY bad at, by the way. Eventually, I will stop following altogether...that day is coming. Not soon enough for guys like you, I know. But it's coming.
              I am not trying to run you off the board or anyone else for that matter. I am way too new here nor do I have any desire to do that. I just question what joy you get out of posting here or being a Chargers fan at all if you feel the way you do about the team. I also personally have no issue with the occasional lame or sarcastic jokes,most posters here take part in the humor. Some more successfully than others including myself.

I like to come to this board to learn new info about the team or share thoughts on how the team is playing or what it can do to change or improve. I spent years on the ESPN board having to read post after post from trolls with no intention of doing anything but talking shit about all things Chargers or San Diego. By the end it got to the point during a season that it became nearly impossible to actually discuss the team without it turning into a troll fest.

What I enjoy about this board is it is comprised of just Chargers fans and no trolls. So we can actually discuss things about the team with many different perspectives, both the good and bad without having to spend energy defending constant bashing from other teams fans. Maybe I am alone on this and just whining but I just want to a place to go where I can learn about and discuss team information with other people and not just read about how much they suck or will always suck.
              1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
              2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
              3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
              4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
              5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
              6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
              7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

I've been here - that is, posting with a lot of these same guys - since 1998. It's really a great place for what I consider to be overwhelmingly knowledgeable Bolt fans. Most posters are familiar with my particular style and probably know what I'm going to post before I post it. Still, I can wear thin at times - if not most of the time, so I'm not deaf to that.

I do get VERY frustrated with this team, truth be told, and when that happens my restraint at such times - which I've never been noted for - goes AWOL. The last thing I want to do is ruin it for the majority.

And, when the Chargers FINALLY win a Super Bowl, I will die in peace and you all will be gone with me. [emoji4]

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

"Done" with me, I meant.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

board is it is comprised of just Chargers fans and no trolls.
                    What do you mean 'no trolls'?
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SFW
                      • Jul 2013
                      • NY
                      • USMC
                      • Send PM

I've been here - that is, posting with a lot of these same guys - since 1998. It's really a great place for what I consider to be overwhelmingly knowledgeable Bolt fans. Most posters are familiar with my particular style and probably know what I'm going to post before I post it. Still, I can wear thin at times - if not most of the time, so I'm not deaf to that.

I do get VERY frustrated with this team, truth be told, and when that happens my restraint at such times - which I've never been noted for - goes AWOL. The last thing I want to do is ruin it for the majority.

And, when the Chargers FINALLY win a Super Bowl, I will die in peace and you all will be gone with me. [emoji4]
                      Amen, I think we will all die in peace together.

Comment

• SFW
                        • Jul 2013
                        • NY
                        • USMC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        What do you mean 'no trolls'?
                        If this is a serious question, I mean "fans" of other teams that create log-ins just to "troll" other teams boards with only the intention to talk shit and cause hate and discontent.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

If this is a serious question, I mean "fans" of other teams that create log-ins just to "troll" other teams boards with only the intention to talk shit and cause hate and discontent.
                          Ah, I thought you meant Chargers trolls.

How long were you at ESPN? A large amount of us were from there but left from 2004-2006 because there were too many trolls.
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X