Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Ony 2 weeks for a torn ligament?
    The Angels Shortstop Simmons will miss 8-10 weeks after the same injury on his non throwing thumb.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

I was in a cast for 3 months after surgery to reattach the Ulnar Collateral ligament in my right thumb. Still have a pin in there.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

I strained the UCL in my left (throwing) thumb in HS and even without surgery it took 2 months before I could grip a bat properly.
        sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

10 players poised to make their first Top 101 in 2016

Which players will make their Top 101 debuts in 2016? The PFF analysis team names 10 hopefuls, including Tyrod Taylor and Ezekiel Elliott.
          PFF Analysis Team | 6 days ago

3. Denzel Perryman, ILB, San Diego Chargers

Denzel Perryman’s NFL career got off to a sluggish start, with just 65 snaps played before succumbing to a pectoral injury early in Week 7’s matchup against the Raiders. Upon his return in Week 11, his snap count increased significantly, and he immediately flashed his play-making ability against the run. Over the last seven weeks of the season, he was PFF’s top-graded linebacker in run defense, and second in overall grade during that span. Despite playing significant snaps in only eight games, Perryman graded seventh overall for inside linebackers for the entire season. With his rookie season now under his belt and his status as a defensive starter solidified, he should only flourish and continue to make plays for the Chargers. — Jon Abbott

Key Stat: Jets NT Damon Harrison was the only defender with a higher run-stop percentage than Perryman from Week 11 through the end of the regular season.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Tell Yuba we got out NT and he is under 260#!
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              Tell Yuba we got out NT and he is under 260#!
              :lya:

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
                See ya, Zeth Ramsay.

PS. Who was Zeth Ramsay?
                Some guy who's parents couldn't spell Seth?

Comment

• Time Has Come for Manti Te'o To Emerge as Leader

Comment

• Welcome Brett Boyko

Chargers Sign Tackle Brett Boyko
                    Thursday, June 02, 2016 11:14 AM PDT
                    By Ricky Henne

The San Diego Chargers made a switch along the offensive line on Thursday, signing former Philadelphia Eagles tackle Brett Boyko.

Originally an undrafted free agent out of UNLV, Boyko spent all of last season on Philadelphia’s practice squad. A 6-6, 301-pound native of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan in Canada, he was a two-time second-team All-Mountain West pick and a two-time Academic All-MWC choice in college. He started all 43 games at UNLV at left tackle after playing quarterback and defensive line in high school.

To make room, the Bolts waived tackle Zeth Ramsay, who joined the team as an undrafted free agent out of Colorado-Mesa in May.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

from last year-----

ESPN Insider Adam Caplan recently raved about Boyko (no relation to Eagles Director of PR Derek Boyko) on Twitter:

"Eagles UDFA G/T Brett Boyko could seriously push for roster spot. Eagles gave him $20 K fully guaranteed ($10K SB, $10K fully gtd base). Boyko had a draftable grade from many teams, but suffered an elbow injury late last season, which was a caused him to drop out of draft. But he's fine now (looking good in practice). Was a 2nd round pick (BC Lions) in CFL draft. Brett Boyko at combine: 6'6 1/2, 305. 32-inch arms, which isn't as long as you would expect at his size, but good wingspan of 79 3/8. 9-hand, which is also considered to be small for his size."

The $20,000 bonus the Eagles gave to Boyko is more than they gave to any other undrafted free agent this year. That money hardly guarantees him a spot on the 53-man roster, but it does indicate the team has some hopes for him.

Here's a look back at his draft profile from NFL.com:

"Strengths - Good length. Keeps back flat in pass set and keeps head out of his initial punch. Intelligent player and well-liked within program, according to scouts. Four-year starter at left tackle. Can redirect and get some initial pop when he gets full extension. Has outstanding instincts and football intelligence to recognize defensive line games and blitzes.

Weaknesses - Upright and straight-legged out of stance. Plays with no leverage and has below-average play strength at point of attack. Hands look weak and sloppy in placement. Waist-bending run blocker with no hip snap or drive in run game. Lacks foot quickness to handle good edge rushers and slow to the perimeter when called on.

Bottom Line - Lacks the athleticism teams want from tackles and the strength they are looking for at guard, but his savvy should get him into a camp. His best position may end up at center."

The Eagles have been using Boyko as a guard. Boyko's spider chart:

bDeFaKN (773x800).jpg

With Mathis currently out of the picture, Allen Barbre and Matt Tobin are the starting guards. Andrew Gardner could figure to be the top offensive lineman off the bench at both guard and tackle. Behind him, however, there are roster spots up for grabs. Perhaps Boyko can earn one of those. His name could be worth remembering when it comes to projecting the final 53-man roster.
                      Last edited by Formula 21; 06-02-2016, 10:34 PM.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

So why'd they give up on Boyko so quick?
                        sigpic

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

He was the wrong em Boyko.

Comment

Working...
                          X