Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't mind offering a #2 for Josh Gordon at this point. I think it is clear losing both Floyd and Allen is going to cause our passing game and running game some serious issues.

Comment

• CTrout
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Also looking at Aaron Dobson.

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
        I wouldn't mind offering a #2 for Josh Gordon at this point. I think it is clear losing both Floyd and Allen is going to cause our passing game and running game some serious issues.
        that's crazy talk. If you're gonna trade a #2 pick, it better be for somebody consistently productive and not getting suspended because he can't follow simple rules. I'd be OK with a Chris Chambers type deal like AJ made, but not Gordon.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          that's crazy talk. If you're gonna trade a #2 pick, it better be for somebody consistently productive and not getting suspended because he can't follow simple rules. I'd be OK with a Chris Chambers type deal like AJ made, but not Gordon.
          Well for me its a bit different, because winning means votes, and if they leave then i wont give a fuck who plays for them in a year or two from now when it finally happens. Put eggs in basket and start running.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
            Also looking at Aaron Dobson.
            I pass on him too dude has the case of the dropses and Tom Brady throws very catch-able balls

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

A guy with game experience will be able to contribute much more than a UDFA off the PS.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                A guy with game experience will be able to contribute much more than a UDFA off the PS.
                So should we see what Vincent Brown or Jacoby Jones is doing these days? LOL!

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
                  Well for me its a bit different, because winning means votes, and if they leave then i wont give a fuck who plays for them in a year or two from now when it finally happens. Put eggs in basket and start running.
                  I don't think Gordon means the difference between winning and losing any games this year with this coaching staff, and I don't think winning changes the minds of the +30% of voters already voting against the Chargers CI no matter what. The only guy I could think of that COULD make a difference in W/L record despite MehCoy and also win over undecided voters with his spectacular play would be if they could talk Megatron out of retirement. Spanos's net worth on the team just jumped 25%, so he could afford to throw a loaded Brinks truck on Johnson's doorstep and see if he takes it.
                  Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Dobson was let go because he ran a wrong route in the 4th preseason game and Tom Brady got intercepted and it embarrassed Tom. He looked ok as a rookie but never seemed to 'catch on' to the Patriot way. Surprised Belicheck kept him around so long. He does have all the requisite physical stuff - real tall and fast, like a Randy Moss type. Givens is very fast, too. Whalen is a heck of a center on the punt team.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      Dobson was let go because he ran a wrong route in the 4th preseason game and Tom Brady got intercepted and it embarrassed Tom. He looked ok as a rookie but never seemed to 'catch on' to the Patriot way. Surprised Belicheck kept him around so long. He does have all the requisite physical stuff - real tall and fast, like a Randy Moss type. Givens is very fast, too. Whalen is a heck of a center on the punt team.

TG
                      Holy Advance Scouting Batman! Thanks for all the inside poop.

Time to be thankful for this poops
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                        Holy Advance Scouting Batman! Thanks for all the inside poop.

Time to be thankful for this poops
                        Well, not to brag, but I did study a lot of film of the Indianapolis fake punt against the Patriots last year and it helped inform my opinion of Whalen. When he is the center on the punt team he blocks his man. Too bad he didn't block the other two, but the one guy in front of him? Neutralized!

You combine a talent like that with our coaching and playcalling? Look out NFL.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Is someone going to be called up from practice squad at receiver or are we going with the 4 active Benjamin, Inman, Williams, Burse?

If and injury at the receiver spot happens I guess we'll see a lot of double TE formations we may any way.

Comment

Working...
                          X