• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    Is this the same Jimmy Wilson that killed a guy with a trident?
    Fixed

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
      I also noticed this. It's not just the FA frenzy thing.....its all the time.
      Last week they were talking about Mathew Stafford and they showed a highlight of him against us. REALLY??
      We've played them once in the last 5-6 years yet THAT'S the highlight they choose?
      I think the video guys like the way our colors/unis show on video.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Wilson would be a killer pickup.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          You went to Pt Loma Fleet? I went to the same high school as the world famous rugby player Jeremy Fleet.
          Yea im a PL alum. That All AMerican Rugby star Jeremy Fleet probably needs surgery. Sucks

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Yea im a PL alum. That All AMerican Rugby star Jeremy Fleet probably needs surgery. Sucks
            That sucks. What happened?

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              That sucks. What happened?
              Evulsion fracture of his distal fibula. We cant get the bone to re-attach. Therefore the ligaments wont attach the to bone. Always swollen. Probably have to have surgery to fix it. We get an MRI on the 23rd.

Comment

• X-man
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Per Michael Gelhken ...it's official. Damn TT for not throw any bones out there right now...but here's hoping we land some studs.
                DB Jimmy Wilson to visit Chargers

The Chargers have a number of scheduled visitors this week.

One is a San Diego native.

Dolphins free-agent cornerback Jimmy Wilson has a Friday visit planned at Chargers Park, a league source said Wednesday. Wilson, a Point Loma High graduate, played predominantly in the slot for Miami. He also started five games last year at safety.

Versatility is always welcome.

It particularly is so when the Chargers likely will be losing their most versatile defensive back in the coming days via free agency. Marcus Gilchrist, a starting safety and slot corner, arrived to the East Coast on Tuesday night for a visit with the New York Jets. Other teams also have expressed interest.

Wilson, 29 in July, started 13 games last year after making eight starts his first three NFL seasons.

A 2011 seventh-round draft pick from Montana, he arrived late to the league due to murder trials that put his career on hold, being tried and acquitted in the 2007 death of his aunt's abusive boyfriend. He and Smith were involved in a tussle, as the boyfriend carried a rifle that fired. Smith fled the scene in panic, he said. His involvement, after two separate trials, the first a hung jury that stood 11-1 in his acquittal's favor, was ruled self-defense.

Wilson had a career-high 51 tackles in 2014 with an interception.

The team will be in pursuit of other outside free agents over the coming days. Amid interest in who, the fact stands fragmented, the Chargers preferring not to disclose their visit list.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

Those complaining that we have not signed more players need to remember that this is the natural flow of FA. It always opens with a flurry of signings the first day and then the whole thing slows down as front offices and players agents react to the initial markets. I am sure TT has plans to bring in more guys, it just may not happen right away. There are still some huge names out there, arguably some of the biggest names are still unsigned.
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I am ok with not disclosing our visit list.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                      I am ok with not disclosing our visit list.
                      Agents generally aren't, as it hurts their negotiating. That's where the leaks come from.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        Agents generally aren't, as it hurts their negotiating. That's where the leaks come from.
                        Funny that the one leak of a player visiting the chargers comes from a rosenhaus client.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

@RavensInsider: Brandon Flowers four-year Chargers deal: $36.4 million, $20.5M gtd, $8M bonus, salaries $2.25M, $7.75M, $9M, $7.4M, first two years gtd

------

Flowers and Franklin combined will only count just under $7 million against the cap. Leaves plenty of room for moves.

Comment

Working...
                          X