• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KarlC
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Could someone explain why they would move Fluker to inside O-line? I thought his greatest skill was at Outside O-line.

Remember how dumb I am. If there is some intricacy about playing O-line I'm ignorant of, please inform me.
    I thought he was at Right Guard because that was his optimum skill.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Hell, why not use that Suh money to sign BOTH Franklin and Iupati...go balls deep on the OL for once. Yes it's a lot of money for OGs but assuming Watt learns how to play center, you finally fortify the interior OL to an actual strength. Plus the flexibility of interchanging Franklin and Fluker.
      That sounds like a good idea actually.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        Hell, why not use that Suh money to sign BOTH Franklin and Iupati...go balls deep on the OL for once. Yes it's a lot of money for OGs but assuming Watt learns how to play center, you finally fortify the interior OL to an actual strength. Plus the flexibility of interchanging Franklin and Fluker.

Re-sign Flowers and Wright, then sign Maclin to appease Fleet. Go DL/OLB/RB in the draft. Get Wilfork in here for a year or two if you're really desperate for that run stopping NT anchor.
        I could also get behind signing those OL players (phrasing not withstanding ... Man, we would finally see what Rivers could do with a seriously All World OL!!
        Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

Would prefer signing Franklin and Hudson or Wiz. I have no faith in Watt being able to handle C.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            FA that could fit at a price that isn't going to allow them to cash it in, or players who I think (note think) have the cahracter to overcome a big contract.
            OL: Wisnewski, Hudson, Clint Bolling, Brian De LA Puente,
            NDB: Gilchrist, Jimmy Wilson, or Nate Allen
            DE -Corey Peters, Letroy Guion, (Tyson Alualu if he hadn't resigned with Jags), Orick if he realizes he is not worth more then about $3.5 mill per year
            OLB (looking for a 3rd OLB who could start or someone to hold the fort until Ataochu is ready to start later in the year) Derrick Morgan, Brandon Graham, Jabaal Sheard, Brooks Reed,
            TE: Virgil Green or Owen Daniel
            ILB Malcolm Smith, Bruce Carter, Mason Foster
            S DaNorris Searcy, Rahim Moore

If there was one big money FA I would go after, it would be trying to trade next years first for Houston. Still a bit of a high risk, but it would screw up KC too, so kinda a win-win even if he is a bust for us.
            Odrick and Graham are going to get 6+million....Justin Houston will cost a ton and 2 first rounders
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

How much more cap room can we create this year with an extension + restructuring of Rivers and Weddle combined with either a restructuring of D. Brown's contract or his termination?

Ballpark figure? I'm talking in addition to whatever our existing cap number is at present. And if there are any other restructures/cuts not mentioned you can factor those into the equation.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

I would say potentially up to 10 million.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  I would say potentially up to 10 million.
                  Seems like enough for adding Iupati. But I'd still rather get Hudson.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                    How much more cap room can we create this year with an extension + restructuring of Rivers and Weddle combined with either a restructuring of D. Brown's contract or his termination?

Ballpark figure? I'm talking in addition to whatever our existing cap number is at present. And if there are any other restructures/cuts not mentioned you can factor those into the equation.
                    Brown saves about 2 million pre June 1 and 3 million after...I'm not exactly sure about how the whole post June 1 designation but waiting would save a lot of "dead cap space" money......here is where I get this info

Donald Brown contract and salary cap details, including signing bonus, guaranteed salary, dead money, roster bonuses, and contract history
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Profootballtalk.com names the Chargers, Packers, and Patriots as "teams to watch" when Percy Harvin officially becomes a free agent on Monday.
                      Harvin hasn't technically been cut yet, but it'll be a formality when he is on Monday. PFT's Mike Florio seems to have inside info that Green Bay, San Diego, and New England will jump into the Harvin bidding. At 27 years old (in May), Harvin's smartest move would likely be to take a one-year, "prove-it" deal for 2015 and attempt to parlay it into a bigger payday in 2016. Mar 8 - 6:57 PM
                      Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Can they convert Harvin to a RB?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police