Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by PowderBlues View Post
    If you push him too hard he might hurt something.
    Yeah, you!
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
      Is it just me or has this been a pretty decent offseason so far? Two big OL signings, great DB signings especially Flowers, nice additions to the WR/ST corps, some needed depth signings... TT seems to be rockin' the house even with the stupid stadium crap hanging around the team's neck like some blasted albatross. Heading into the draft we are set up nicely for some exciting picks. Plus all the down time for guys to get healthy again. Only March and I'm getting stoked for the 2015 season already (anticipating both Fluker and Allen step up even more in their 3rd season, and curious to see what we have with Watt..).

Definitely feeling positive about the Chargers right now. Sue me.
      I appreciate that you view former Chargers as free agent acquisitions. Many Charger fans think they dont count. Trying to figure out what other LT on the market would have been a better signing than Dunlap. A guy who is proven in our system. Butler at CB might be a better free agent but not sure he fits in our zone. Seattle likes there CBs to be able to press. Flowers proved he is still a top CB in the league. I guess i just dont understand that sentiment that we only signed those guys because we had to. They were 2 of the best free agents on the market. And we got a stud OG. The rest upgrade our depth players we lost. I think Royal had a lot of plays drawn up for him and was an important part of our offense. I think if Stevie is given that same chance can put up similar numbers.

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

It has taken me a while but I agree...I think. I believe Dunlap, Flowers and Franklin might be the best of all the FAs at their positions this season and for us to sign all three is pretty impressive. I also think the other signings are at the least replacements for what we have lost, Wilson/Gilchrist, Robinson/Wright and to a lesser extent Stevie/Royal although I do really wish we would have kept Royal. I think the loss of Gachkar on ST and his versatility at LB will hurt us but we still have time to address that. The big major glaring area of need that I would like to see addressed is still the center/guard position. I am not sold on Watt as a starting center and can't help but think he is a better fit as a starting guard and backup center. That said his versatility is great but I think we need at least another veteran guy that has some of that same versatility in free agency. Not sure that Robinson can do that.

Overall, pretty good so far. Still some decent guys out there that could add some depth at OL, DL and LB with plenty of time to sign guys at buyer's market prices before the draft.
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

TT did good considering it was a mediocre free agent pool

Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            Chet Huntley
            he was nothing without David Brinkley
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• zoom
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Raw Dawg retweeted
              John Devine ‏@JohnJDevine 5h5 hours ago

Barring a late suitor, it appears it's down to the Bears or Chargers for Seaside's Mason Foster. The holdup could be length of contract

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Surprised Foster is still available. He hasnt been a star but he has been productive. IMO he is better than Conner.

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                  Surprised Foster is still available. He hasnt been a star but he has been productive. IMO he is better than Conner.
                  Maybe Foster can light a fire under his former teammates (Butler) ass
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

This guy has a Bolts singing all over his situation. I like his upside. Do it, TT.
                    Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
                      http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/t...o-bears-030415
                      This guy has a Bolts singing all over his situation. I like his upside. Do it, TT.
                      We've been quiet lately...visits from Hairston, Mays, and now Foster...nothing. I think Hairston and Foster would be very good signings for this team. Mays, more of a 'meh'. Not sure what the holdup is, but would like to see these two get done. Even Mays would be OK (clone of Reggie Walker, who we lost).

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Mays and Foster, yes please. Hairston, maybe kinda.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

yes to hairston and foster. Mays would be cool too but Foster would be way higher on my list. It'd be interesting to see what the plan would be for Foster. Are we moving to a 4-3?

Comment

Working...
                          X