Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Wats another ACL on this squad?
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
      Moreno is risky. I think its a wait and see about the draft before taking on another player unless a surprise cut or a trade partner is there. After the draft and through roster cuts we will pick up a select few solid vets.
      Moreno is a poor man's Ryan Mathews - if we don't want Mathews, we sure shouldn't pick him up!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

We offered Ryan a one year prove it deal, I'm comfortable with that effort, but not much more.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• BoltBacker
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Las Vegas, NV
          • Send PM

We have our middle of the road guy with Oliver and to a lesser extent Brown. Why get Moreno who would be more of the same. Someone gets injured he is decent fall back and nothing more. If Telesco picked him up now I would be convinced that the organization is not serious about winning a Superbowl. We need a dominant RB and if not that then we need to draft one that has potential to be dominant.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
            We have our middle of the road guy with Oliver and to a lesser extent Brown. Why get Moreno who would be more of the same. Someone gets injured he is decent fall back and nothing more. If Telesco picked him up now I would be convinced that the organization is not serious about winning a Superbowl. We need a dominant RB and if not that then we need to draft one that has potential to be dominant.
            Wow...picking up one player would convince you of that? What if neither guy of the top 2-3 RBs are even on TT's draft radar? We've done a ton of speculating on the board, but for all we know the team may be looking in an entirely different direction. It's not like we don't have other needs to go along with RB.

Comment

• BoltBacker
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Las Vegas, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              Wow...picking up one player would convince you of that? What if neither guy of the top 2-3 RBs are even on TT's draft radar? We've done a ton of speculating on the board, but for all we know the team may be looking in an entirely different direction. It's not like we don't have other needs to go along with RB.
              My point is that if we pick up Moreno then we are a team that just got worse. Ryan Mathews could have been signed fairly cheap. He is a much better back than Moreno. By passing on RM, in my eyes TT is saying we can improve the position through the draft. If I was Rivers and I just lost Mathews and got Moreno in return I would be pissed. We have $18M in cap room, where the heck are they going to spend the money?

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Perhaps Rivers was happy to see Mathews leave? That would be very understandable.

Comment

• BoltBacker
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Las Vegas, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  Perhaps Rivers was happy to see Mathews leave? That would be very understandable.
                  Not to get a lesser RB in Moreno who gets injured just as often.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Why would that be understandable? seriously, u guys talk like he was a cancer or had a shitty work ethic. I am sure nobody is more disappointed in his injuries stalling his career than RM is. When healthy he was a strong weapon for us...a very good physical runner. Unfortunatley it was not often enough.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                      Why would that be understandable? seriously, u guys talk like he was a cancer or had a shitty work ethic. I am sure nobody is more disappointed in his injuries stalling his career than RM is. When healthy he was a strong weapon for us...a very good physical runner. Unfortunatley it was not often enough.
                      He appeared to have grown up some in recent years. He wasn't a cancer, but talented and unavailable isn't all that helpful. If I have a superstar employee who I can count on showing up to work only 40% of the time, he's basically useless to me.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        He appeared to have grown up some in recent years. He wasn't a cancer, but talented and unavailable isn't all that helpful. If I have a superstar employee who I can count on showing up to work only 40% of the time, he's basically useless to me.
                        So said person would be happy if Ingram were gone too then?

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
                          My point is that if we pick up Moreno then we are a team that just got worse. Ryan Mathews could have been signed fairly cheap. He is a much better back than Moreno. By passing on RM, in my eyes TT is saying we can improve the position through the draft. If I was Rivers and I just lost Mathews and got Moreno in return I would be pissed. We have $18M in cap room, where the heck are they going to spend the money?
                          I've been asking that since the 4th day of Free Agency. We've lost as many people as we've added, and have only REALLY added (by count) 2 new players (Franklin and Jacoby). And by 'addition' I don't mean 'replacement'. It's uncanny how for each player of ours who has signed with another team this off-season, we've signed a cheaper 'clone'. Except for Mathews and the two guys we've added. So it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Moreno was inked to a 1-year contract (although I don't suspect it will happen; I really think - although I DON'T KNOW - that we're going to after a RB in the 1st-2nd round).

Comment

Working...
                          X