• Show
Clear All
  • BoltBacker
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    He appeared to have grown up some in recent years. He wasn't a cancer, but talented and unavailable isn't all that helpful. If I have a superstar employee who I can count on showing up to work only 40% of the time, he's basically useless to me.
    This is getting ridiculous, you are comparing getting injured to someone showing up to work on time. That has to be the most ridiculous comparison ever. The guy played with heart and played hard, and he got hurt in the process. Lets throw Woodhead out too, didn't show up most of the season. Throw Keenan Allen out too, he can't always be counted on. And Ingram that bum doesn't show up at times.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Burn it down and start over!!!! Or better yet! Let them move to LA and get a expansion club to root for!

That will make two or three people happy...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Eddie Royal on radio said the decision to go to Chicago was very difficult, and he had an emotional attachment to San Diego. Sounds like it the Chargers didn't offer enough or Eddie didn't want to give up the current team discount. Best wishes to him, I think he made a mistake.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          Burn it down and start over!!!! Or better yet! Let them move to LA and get a expansion club to root for!

That will make two or three people happy...
          You ain't getting an expansion team without a stadium. If SD had a stadium worthy of playing in, the Bolts wouldn't be in danger of leaving and everything else is a moot point. it has been 14 years, why would anyone else go through this shit?

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            I've been asking that since the 4th day of Free Agency. We've lost as many people as we've added, and have only REALLY added (by count) 2 new players (Franklin and Jacoby). And by 'addition' I don't mean 'replacement'. It's uncanny how for each player of ours who has signed with another team this off-season, we've signed a cheaper 'clone'. Except for Mathews and the two guys we've added. So it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Moreno was inked to a 1-year contract (although I don't suspect it will happen; I really think - although I DON'T KNOW - that we're going to after a RB in the 1st-2nd round).
            My guess is Moreno stays unsigned until the season starts. He will continue to rehab and try to catch on to a team when injuries pile up.

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

I think that is probably the case with most FA rbs at this point. There may be one or two signed after the draft by teams that were not happy with in-draft options.
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                My guess is Moreno stays unsigned until the season starts. He will continue to rehab and try to catch on to a team when injuries pile up.
                Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                I think that is probably the case with most FA rbs at this point. There may be one or two signed after the draft by teams that were not happy with in-draft options.
                Agree and agree.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Eddie Royal on radio said the decision to go to Chicago was very difficult, and he had an emotional attachment to San Diego. Sounds like it the Chargers didn't offer enough or Eddie didn't want to give up the current team discount. Best wishes to him, I think he made a mistake.
                  Or the Bears and Chargers offered the same money, but the 13.3% vs 3.75% state income tax was considered.

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Or the Bears and Chargers offered the same money, but the 13.3% vs 3.75% state income tax was considered.
                    Bears overpaid to sign him. He played for $2Mil base salary last year and CHI gave him 3 years @$5mil per year with $10 Mil guaranteed. No way Chargers were going to match that- and I sure wouldn't want him at that price with other options for slot and already having Jacoby Jones a better return guy than Royal.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBacker View Post
                      This is getting ridiculous, you are comparing getting injured to someone showing up to work on time. That has to be the most ridiculous comparison ever. The guy played with heart and played hard, and he got hurt in the process. Lets throw Woodhead out too, didn't show up most of the season. Throw Keenan Allen out too, he can't always be counted on. And Ingram that bum doesn't show up at times.
                      Keenan Allen missed what? Two games? Ingram has missed half the season or more two of three seasons.
                      I know some here think he is a stud but I didn't want us to draft him and not only has he been injured often, he hasn't been the pass rusher some invisioned.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Is Wis still not signed? Wow, must not be worth the bag of chips.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Most likely gonna have to wait until his shoulder is healed to get anywhere close to his asking price.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X