Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

died, of what? BTW-anybody know what a marijuana "cigar" is? was it a Sherman or something? I may be old, but smoked a couple of kilos in my ute and we always needed something like papers or a pipe to put the weed in to smoke it. Maybe somebody invented a way to just roll buds in pure leaf like a hand rolled tobacco cigar?
    A Blunt. Kids unroll like a Swisher then load it with cannabis .

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

A Blunt. Kids unroll like a Swisher then load it with cannabis .
      I thought they just squished and pushed out all the tobacco insides and then repacked weed inside so they could still keep the "tube" with plastic tip intact to be inconspicuous about it.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

true, but still.
        Kids have been buying Swishers for decades as their papers
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

Kids have been buying Swishers for decades as their papers
          we never had a problem getting actual rolling papers in SoCal in the 70's, Pipes were easy to get in the 5 & Dime store- or make out of an aluminum can or tin foil in a pinch. Swishers were for special occasions- too pricey to waste on weed stuffing. We used regular cigs for that...

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

we never had a problem getting actual rolling papers in SoCal in the 70's, Pipes were easy to get in the 5 & Dime store- or make out of an aluminum can or tin foil in a pinch. Swishers were for special occasions- too pricey to waste on weed stuffing. We used regular cigs for that...
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

1st, we have to consult Sherman and the Wayback machine for context. I started smoking cigs and weed the Summer after 6th grade in 1970. A pack of regular name brand cigs was under $0,50 and Swishers were about $1.00 per pack even then- and you only got about 4 or maybe 8 IIRC. Common Weed was $10.00 for a 4 finger bag we called a can or a lid. Rolling papers were like 25 cents.a pack. We were never without a pack of cigs amongst us, so if we ran out of papers to roll a spleef, we'd use whatever was easiest within reach depending on where we were and how lazy we felt. Simple to grab a beer or soda can and cave in a pocket on the side and poke a couple holes to use as a pipe, or manipulate all the tobacco out of a cig , repack it with weed and break off the filter. Cigars were never a 1st choice, just for a change up or special occasion and Swishers were preferred for the taste and plastic tip instead of a handrolled expensive stogie.

NOTHING like it is today with $5+ packs of cigs with all the taxes and social stigma, weed is sold by weight, etc. Oh yeah, gas was 26 cents a gallon, fast food hamburgers were 19 cents, a 6 pack of Coors cans was 89 cents (no fuckin light beer in those days either!) and more... Those were my Good Old days for sure. :thumbsup:

Comment

• SDFan
                  Woober Goober
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Dolores, CO
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

I don't think I said Swishers were cheapest method either. So what was the attraction of Swishers then, stealth or coolness factor or something else? Most people I know now smoke weed in 1 hit pipes- shits too expensive to waste on joints unless they grow their own.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

1st, we have to consult Sherman and the Wayback machine for context. I started smoking cigs and weed the Summer after 6th grade in 1970. A pack of regular name brand cigs was under $0,50 and Swishers were about $1.00 per pack even then- and you only got about 4 or maybe 8 IIRC. Common Weed was $10.00 for a 4 finger bag we called a can or a lid. Rolling papers were like 25 cents.a pack. We were never without a pack of cigs amongst us, so if we ran out of papers to roll a spleef, we'd use whatever was easiest within reach depending on where we were and how lazy we felt. Simple to grab a beer or soda can and cave in a pocket on the side and poke a couple holes to use as a pipe, or manipulate all the tobacco out of a cig , repack it with weed and break off the filter. Cigars were never a 1st choice, just for a change up or special occasion and Swishers were preferred for the taste and plastic tip instead of a handrolled expensive stogie.

NOTHING like it is today with $5+ packs of cigs with all the taxes and social stigma, weed is sold by weight, etc. Oh yeah, gas was 26 cents a gallon, fast food hamburgers were 19 cents, a 6 pack of Coors cans was 89 cents (no fuckin light beer in those days either!) and more... Those were my Good Old days for sure. :thumbsup:
                    Inflation sucks!
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Inflation sucks!
                      and taxes and needless regulations and ever larger gov't controlling more and more of our lives, etc.

on inflation: It wasn't that long ago that McDonald's was advertising a meal with a hamburger + fries + coke + change back.... for $1, but now you get 1 item for $1 on value menu. I'm thinking rising minimum wage laws contribute to that.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

I don't think I said Swishers were cheapest method either. So what was the attraction of Swishers then, stealth or coolness factor or something else? Most people I know now smoke weed in 1 hit pipes- shits too expensive to waste on joints unless they grow their own.
                        Thanks the history lesson old timer
                        I guess the only argument I can make for a blunt is how it hits.
                        1 hitters are the way to go now for me, but filling a swisher was definitely the best way we knew how back then.

In fact thats something my wife and I always find funny.
                        2 things that always brought together older white guys and young mexican kids were

1. Weed
                        2. Chargers football

haha
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO