• Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
    "Just so many things that can be said about this team right now ..."

I think the best thing to do right now is simply be mature and accept the current reality, support this team, that's what it needs, just support. They'll rebound, we just need to be behind them. Not a hard thing to do. Enjoy the bye week, watch some football without the stress of hoping for a Chargers Win. Let them regroup and they'll come back with some wins and a playoff berth.
    I agree with this sentiment and still trust in TT; he's no idiot, I'm sure he sees all of this too. Not sure if this team is playoff bound though at this time...the remaining games are tough and there's no help in sight for the OL unless they just start playing better straight up. Think we got carried away for a bit given last year's unexpected success and a 5-1 start this year.

I expect TT to go apeshit on the lines this offseason.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I think the guys from KC had it right: Charles thinks our defense is nothing special and Smith thinks we are soft. Hard to argue with either.

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        They do it on purpose because it gives Rivers time to see the field and a bit more time to compensate for a weak line. I believe there was an article with that sentiment in it on the UT not too long ago.
        I know why they do it. It's very similar in design to the offense they ran in Indy when Peyton was there. My post was in response to chris9341's mistaken impression that the team usually runs from under center.
        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
          I would have to disagree with you because all the games I have seen this year all the runs with the exception for a few runs here and there have come from under center. You must be watching a different team then I am right now.
          I'm watching the 2014 San Diego Chargers. I agree, you must be watching a different team if you think most of our runs are not from the shotgun.
          Adipose

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Send PM

I think the guys from KC had it right: Charles thinks our defense is nothing special and Smith thinks we are soft. Hard to argue with either.
            Are you going to perpetuate this nonsense? Smith never said our team (or defense) was soft.
            Adipose

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
              Are you going to perpetuate this nonsense? Smith never said our team (or defense) was soft.
              I'm not sure what nonsense I am perpetuating. I was listening to the Charger post game show on the way home from the game and that is what they reported he said after the game. Don't shoot the messenger.

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I'm not sure what nonsense I am perpetuating. I was listening to the Charger post game show on the way home from the game and that is what they reported he said after the game. Don't shoot the messenger.
                The context was a discussion of the coverage.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                  The context was a discussion of the coverage.
                  That wasn't how it was reported on the post game show. I haven't heard or read anything else about his quotes so I am simply echoing what the guys on the radio said.

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

That wasn't how it was reported on the post game show. I haven't heard or read anything else about his quotes so I am simply echoing what the guys on the radio said.
                    I'm sure the radio guys wanted a reaction, but the interview was written up by a few sources following the game.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

Then the post game show distorted what Smith said. Smith did not say the Chargers or their D was soft. He said they were playing soft coverage, which they were. What your show "reported" makes it sound as if Smith is taking a dig at the Chargers when in fact he was just describing the type of coverage they were throwing at him. And we had to play soft coverage instead of press because of injuries to the secondary. This is an example of the media trying to create news where none exists.
                      Adipose

Comment

Working...
                      X